1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Jacksonville, FL Area Scheduled Meets-Ongoing

Discussion in 'Florida' started by slcsez2000, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Sep 30, 2014 at 8:01 AM
    slcsez2000

slcsez2000 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    Exterior: -Current Suspension- Icon extended travel front struts w/ 700lb coils Icon extended travel Remote Resi rear shocks Dakar leaf pack Icon Tubular UCAs with covers Icon neoprene shock covers -OEM Roof Rack -2 fold down cup holders in bed -Bed bottle opener -Access lite rider roll up tonneau cover -AFE Prodry air filter -Pop and lock bed lock -Rear differential breather relocation mod (behind tail light) -Aeroturbine 2525XL Muffler Armor: -SOS Concepts bolt on sliders W/ kick out -SOS Concepts aluminum front bumper with full hoops -SOS Concepts Rear HC Bumper -SOS Concepts IFS/Mid skids
    I would need a hand with the Gheenoo. I have loaded it into the boat by myself before but I pull my back out everytime LOL! I'll prob just leave it unless we camp at Hanna park in Jax and if we decide to do that we can grab it on the way back up if we want.

2. Sep 30, 2014 at 8:02 AM
    michaelrussell

michaelrussell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    belleview,FL
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner sr5 2.7 / 5 speed
    lots of stuff done more to do
    Here's the kayak I picked up it's just a 10 ft sit in and is actually has more room then I expected
    [​IMG]

3. Sep 30, 2014 at 8:11 AM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    Exterior: -Current Suspension- Icon extended travel front struts w/ 700lb coils Icon extended travel Remote Resi rear shocks Dakar leaf pack Icon Tubular UCAs with covers Icon neoprene shock covers -OEM Roof Rack -2 fold down cup holders in bed -Bed bottle opener -Access lite rider roll up tonneau cover -AFE Prodry air filter -Pop and lock bed lock -Rear differential breather relocation mod (behind tail light) -Aeroturbine 2525XL Muffler Armor: -SOS Concepts bolt on sliders W/ kick out -SOS Concepts aluminum front bumper with full hoops -SOS Concepts Rear HC Bumper -SOS Concepts IFS/Mid skids
    FYI check out the free section of craigslist. Sometimes you can catch the free firewood before anyone .

4. Sep 30, 2014 at 9:28 AM
    That1guy108

That1guy108 What's a title?

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB Sport 4x4
    Full OME Kit, Level 8 MK6 Wheels wrapped in 255/80/17 Cooper Maxxs, NWTI Plate Bumper, Flowmaster 40 muffler, Smittybilt X2O 10K winch.
    What exactly is a Gheeno? Not a huge boat and kayak guy yet.

How much is it to camp in Hannah park anyways? I still havent been out there but I think I remember someone mentioning an entry fee or something?

5. Sep 30, 2014 at 9:37 AM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    it is a canoe with one end flat so you can throw a motor on it if you wish. I deleted the pic of mine out of my phone but see this: Mine isn't one of these rigged up ons with center consoles and such. Just looks like a plain ole canoe with flat back) I paddle it when I take it out.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=ghe...GM6QgwTJ34JA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1890&bih=909

camping fees looks like $20 a "spot" depending on how many people want to camp we might need 2 or 3. I would assume they "allow" 2 vehicles per spot. (most camp grounds are that way)

http://www.coj.net/departments/park...ity-programming/kathryn-abbey-hanna-park.aspx

6. Sep 30, 2014 at 9:41 AM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    ***Copy and add your name****
    Next meet setup for Oct 4th 2014.
    In St Aug Beach, FL
    Location: Beach Day, and hitting up a restaurant that afternoon (Mango Mangos?). ( a couple of us are camping somewhere that night)

Meeting: @ Seagrove Town Center @ 9:00am EST leave @ 9:30am
    128 SeaGrove Main St., Saint Augustine, FL 32080

Will enter the beach at the next light called "A Street"
    cost is $4 a vehicle (I think)

Ready to roll:
    1. slcsez2000-Simon
    2. michaelrussell
    3. Sport14
    4. RoughNeck
    5. Alfuh (ima put my name down till I get officially have leave approved)
    6. Muddog15, I might be able to make it.
    7. mromeo-Mike
    8. Curt7088
    9. That1guy108
    10.Ragingtaco - Trieu

7. Sep 30, 2014 at 9:43 AM
    That1guy108

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB Sport 4x4
    Full OME Kit, Level 8 MK6 Wheels wrapped in 255/80/17 Cooper Maxxs, NWTI Plate Bumper, Flowmaster 40 muffler, Smittybilt X2O 10K winch.
    Ok sweet. Yeah if I can get those kayaks from my friend then we may as well stop on the way and get your boat. Id bring jetskiis if we had others bringing some haha.

Ill see how much firewood I can bring, I just helped my friends chop down like 4 trees on their property and Im sure he'll let me have a little.

8. Sep 30, 2014 at 9:43 AM
    michaelrussell

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    belleview,FL
    Vehicle:
    It's like a canoe but the back is flat to mount a motor on it and the bottom is more flat then round so it's a lot more stable then a canoe
    [​IMG]

9. Sep 30, 2014 at 10:03 AM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    mine looks just like this but green and no trailer. I have to pick it up and put it in the bed of the truck backwards :D

10. Sep 30, 2014 at 10:04 AM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    would be sweet if the wood was dry lol. I don't mine chopping wood if it is in logs either

11. Sep 30, 2014 at 10:06 AM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    our changes of rain look good on Sat but Friday looks like 80% so that will soak everything pretty good. Better bring a tarp for the ground :)

PS found a map for Hanna Park campground if we decide to go there.
    [​IMG]

Staying on Row F is the only place I have camped near spots 82, 83, 84

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  12. Sep 30, 2014 at 1:04 PM
    That1guy108

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB Sport 4x4
    Hmmm anywhere else to maybe camp? I also am still not 100% sure Ill be camping yet.

And I was just about to ask about weather since the prediction this week was no rain and its been just about the opposite of that. Im good with camping in light rain but not looking to ride out a tropical storm in a tent haha.

13. Sep 30, 2014 at 1:24 PM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    We have been tossing out different camping locations thoughout this thread over the past couple weeks if you want to go dig through the pages.

-Anastasia State Park was one of our big choices but they are totally booked because there is a concert that night.

-Don't know much about Matanzas State Park but anyone is welcome to give them a call (Jake did once but got voicemail)

-There were a few other places mentioned but one it seemed they didn't allow you to drive (or something?)

-There is also Huegonaut (spelling) north of Jax that has camping and you can drive on the beach during the day. I have actually wanted to camp there for years but have only been to the beach there.

Weather is up in the air (as it always is in FL) There is an 80% chance of rain Friday but 20% chance Saturday and 0% chance sunday. Honestly we won't really know till friday evening cause several sundays ago it was a 40% chance of rain and we went to the beach and not a cloud in the sky, it was beautiful! So I take FL weather reports with a grain of salt. Jax is so big it can pour and flood in one area and be sunny in another area.

Feel free to chime in if anyone else knows of camping locations. I personally am down honestly to drive anywhere to camp (within 1.5/2 hrs :) )

I saw on the FL BS thread some guys are planning on wheeling Sunday morning in Ocala. Shoot I am not opposed to camp in Ocala national forest Sat night (just an idea) and wheeling a little Sunday morning.

I am down for anything and everything.
    :burnrubber::playball::cheers::plane::mudding:

14. Sep 30, 2014 at 3:23 PM
    That1guy108

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB Sport 4x4
    I would be on board for camping in ocala and possibly wheeling depending. Im currently sitting stock for right now, atleast for the next few months, but may go anyways or atleast ride along or something.

Either way Im on board with the camping almost anywhere part.

15. Sep 30, 2014 at 3:39 PM
    Trail Cat

Trail Cat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida to NC
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport 4x4
    Bull Bar - TRD Exhaust - Predator Side Steps - Alarm - Anytime On Fog Lights mod - OBD UltraGauge II - LED Dome & Map Lights - LED Aux BackUp Lights - LED DRL - Gate Keeper mod - TRD bed Cup Holder & Bottle Opener - Center Console Lock mod - WeatherTech Mats - Kicker Hideaway - Rear Door Speakers - Spare Tire Extension Valve mod - Tail gate 3rd Brake Light Bar - Proline Wheels - Rear Diff Breather mod (left rear tail light area) - "Florida Tacoma's" sticker - BFG A/T KO2 tires -
  16. Sep 30, 2014 at 4:06 PM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    :thumbsup:

17. Sep 30, 2014 at 4:15 PM
    Alfuh

Alfuh It's pronounced alpha

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner
    I have a few mods
    so what are we doing? lol are we camping in JAX or ocala? or where? im still confused about it lol

18. Sep 30, 2014 at 4:19 PM
    slcsez2000

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    I honestly seeing it coming down to getting everyone at the meet and discussing it between those that are camping lol. Either way I am packing to camp somewhere. Whereever you guys want to camp I am game :playball:

19. Sep 30, 2014 at 5:13 PM
    Alfuh

Alfuh It's pronounced alpha

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner
    I have a few mods
    so after a week of leaveweb being fucking retarded, I managed to go into finance and get my leave put into the system finally...so it'll be approved before the 4th, but i should be good to now :thumbsup:

20. Sep 30, 2014 at 5:18 PM
    michaelrussell

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    belleview,FL
    Vehicle:
    Ocala is a lot closer for me but I haven't done anything to my front end yet so I would park it and ride with someone

To Top