1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

[For sale] "The Marauder", a built '11 FJ (San Diego)

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Spvrtan, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Oct 1, 2014 at 4:03 AM
    Spvrtan

Spvrtan [OP] "Your assembly required."

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    San Diego (North County)
    Vehicle:
    SC'd '14 Tundra; 5.5" lift w/ +2.5 LT; 40s on 17s; 4.88s
    Bought brand new with 8 miles on it and a huge grin on my face on May 9th, 2011. This FJ Cruiser was built well and I've done the vast majority of the modifications and maintenance myself. It has served me well for the past 3+ years, but I think it's time to move on to a new project. I've met a lot of great people, been to a lot of amazing places, and learned a lot about off-roading (this was my first "truck").

KBB value for a 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser: ~$25-26k at "good"

Take note that I didn't take the excellent nor very good -- which are higher by a few thousand -- because of the cosmetic accident/damage history; also note that there has never been any mechanical issues with the truck or any trail repairs needed.

My price after weighing in the truck's history, modifications, upgrades, and accessories..

..$31,000.

Being priced low and to sell fast, 31k is a steal of a price for what is going with the truck and especially so for someone that knows what they're looking at altogether in this deal. This should really sell at 34-35k, but I'm in a semi-hurry to sell the truck because it's one less thing on my mind to have to think about as far as responsibilities go ..and I got waay too many of those today. I could easily part everything out, but I'd rather let whoever claims my truck have a well-equipped truck from the start. Granted I'd like to see the truck go soon, I would love more to see it go to a caring owner. I've poured countless hours, blood, sweat, and tears into and with this truck.

Contact me through email at: KRISSAUQUILLO via GMAIL x C0M

Stock the day I brought her home..

[​IMG]

The Marauder as she stands today..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All-around PICTURES taken on 10/1 (before getting prepped for sale):
    http://imgur.com/a/zEagM
    ..note that not all the items in the pictures are included in the sale (ie. Yeti cooler) and if it isn't listed below it probably isn't going (but feel free to ask).

Exterior/interior PICTURES taken after getting cleaned/detailed:
    TO BE DONE

Note: More PICTURES below and more upon request.

Stock package features..
    - Automatic transmission with overdrive
    - Part-time 4WD
    - Came with "off-road" and "convenience" packages
    - Has active traction control (toggleable)
    - Keyless entry
    - AC, power windows/locks, cruise control
    - Rear parking sensors and backup camera
    - AM/FM stereo, multi-disc CD, XM satellite, JBL sound system, bluetooth capability
    - Daytime running lights

Current numbers..
    - Mileage: ~62.5k.
    - MPG (street/combined @ 36psi): ~12/~14
    - MPG (highway @ 36psi): ~19
    - MPG (highway @ 44psi for long trips): ~22

Random notes..
    - The truck runs flawlessly; no weird noises; no squeaking.
    - I ALWAYS used premium 91-octane fuel (even though it can take 87).
    - This was my daily driver, but my daily commute to/from work was only 11 miles total for the past year and before that it was about 25 total.
    - Long trips taken with the truck (more than 2-3 hours from San Diego) included Pismo twice and Ouray once; other that I mainly tooled around Anza-Borrego and Big Bear in the desert, on fire roads, and on huge rocks that always got in my way.
    - Never did any deep water fording or mudding (screw that junk); deepest was about ~1.5' deep passing through a short river (a few times) in Ouray this past summer; only other water the underside has seen was due to puddles!
    - Stickers plastered all over the the truck; none used to hide anything; will leave them all on and up to buyer to remove if desired.
    - "Marauder" badging on the driver's side of the hood; that was my name for her.
    - No engine/performance changes.
    - It's NOT a TT model, but I did replace the base mirrors and door handles with the TT-edition (black) variants; I also slapped on the Trail Teams badge.
    - There are a lot of modifications/upgrades/accessories that are brand new that I never got around to installing (see way below).
    - Doesn't suffer from the "fender bulges" that older model years got commonly.
    - No "shimmying" or shaking on the highway.
    - A lot of the exterior OEM plastic, such as the mud flaps and front wheel well lining, has been either cut or lost on a trail.
    - Still has the stock battery and has been running great.
    - Limited run "FJ Cruisers 2014" badge.
    - Limited run "SoCal FJ Cruisers" badge.
    - Exclusive run "FJ Summit 8" badge.

Once the dealership services ended at 25k, I took over all the regular maintenance and logged it all; cadences are as follows..
    - 5-tire rotation every 2,500 miles (at Discount Tire).
    - Oil & oil filter every 5,000 miles (Mobil 1 02-20 & TRD filters).
    - Cabin and intake air filter every 10,000 miles (K&N).
    - Replaced engine air filter every 20,000 miles.
    - Recently topped off the coolant with OEM "pink" (never felt a full flush was necessary).

I just crossed 60k a while ago and was plannig on doing the front differential, transfer case, and rear differential oils for the first time.

To be completely honest and open, here's the history of accidents/damage..
    - Pinstripes all over, but not too many or any deep ones; can hardly be seen against the color of the truck; taking a good clay bar and waxing to the body will get most of it it, but this truck was meant to be used and abused so she wears the stripes with honor.
    - Within the first 3 months of buying the truck brand new, I backed up a little into a parked car in a lot; accident reported; only injury to the truck was the spare tire mount got warped a bit, but I've seen then replaced it with a brand new OEM one, and the OEM plastic bumper got a small crack/dent, but that bumper is also gone now; I came from driving a tiny Volkswagen Jetta to going to the large FJ Cruiser -- totally sucked, especially with a backup camera and rear sensor (that was off at the time).
    - After about 2.5 years, the truck got pinched on the driver's front side by a garbage truck turning right over me; only cosmetic injuries to the body's sheet metal; no structural or suspension injury; all the panels were replaced except for the hood because it was minorly impacted and I didn't feel like replacing the whole thing.
    - This past summer I tried to squeeze the truck in between two really close, large rocks; the passenger side fender took some moderate scratches and dents; the passenger mirror also took some scraping; injury can be seen in the image gallery; I didn't make it through the obstacle.
    - The rest of the body is in great condition.
    - No rusting around the body; the frame/undercarriage has very minimal surface rust.

Now on to the IMPORTANT stuff that matters: the modifications and upgrades.

Wheels/tires (initial parts costs total of ~3.5k)..
    - Five Level 8 ZX 17x9 -12mm offset w/ scratch guards (aka fake beadlocks; they're durable polyurethane).
    - Five Goodyear DuraTracs 315/70/17 (34.4") with over 50% tread left; I previously ran the same tire in the 285/70/17 size for the first 2 years.
    - The body mounts in the front wheel wells were trimmed back to make room for the large tires; done by Trailworx Fabrication.
    - The pinch welds in the front wheel wells were prepped (made cuts) to be hammered down (just never got around to it).
    - The only time there is any real rub is on the driver's side, going in reverse, on an incline; the passenger side's caster (as is with most all vehicles) is forward more and helps avoid this.

Suspension (initial parts costs total of ~6k)..
    - ICON stage 2 kit (with the fancy UCAs); installed at Demello Offroad; rear shock and springs upgraded again (see below).
    - ICON rear hydraulic air bumpstops; installed at Demello Offroad.
    - ICON S2 modular system for the front with remote reservoir secondary shocks (CDC valved); installed at Demello Offroad.
    - ICON 2.5 rear shocks w/ reservoir (9.5" travel); installed these myself (6/24/2014).
    - ICON rear shock skids; also strapped on some rubber sheets to the shock to help prevent from debri pitting the shock shafts (happened with the first set of rear shocks).
    - ICON Overland Series rear springs (provide 3" of lift instead of 2"; are dual-rate).
    - Total Chaos spindle gussets; welded/installed by Ryan Millen of Millen Adventures (6/27/2014).
    - Both front and rear sway bars are off; I still have them to go with the truck; removed 8/21/2014.
    - Spidertrax 1.25" hub-centric wheel spacers; installed 8/21/2014
    - Note that with the tire/wheel/spacer combination the truck's track width is roughly ~5" wider than stock; handles great, in my opinion,especially with the sway bars off (for more articulation on the suspension).

Armor (initial costs total of ~5k)..
    - Demello Offroad Rally front bumper (aluminum); no scrapes/dents.
    - Demello Offroad 3-piece rear bumper (aluminum); no scrapes/dents.
    - Demello Offroad X-Wings sliders (steel); lots of scrapes/dents (I always sanded and painted over them as soon as possible).
    - Ricochet HD skids (aluminum) that cover the engine bay and transfer case; bay skid is in excellent condition; transfer skid is scraped/dented pretty good.
    - ICON LCA skid (steel).
    - BozTec rear diff plate (steel); has some very minor scrapes.
    - Gobi Stealth roof rack (steel); I count this as armor as it'll protect me from shit falling on top of my truck.

And now the accesories that you'll also be getting (costs total of "who the hell even knows")..
    - Hi-Lift 48" X-TREME jack with a Gobi mount to have it up on the rack; plus a tube adapter; plus the handle keeper to fight the rattle.
    - Springtail Solutions mounts for interor of the rear door; includes four detachable pouches for storage.
    - Springtail Solutions mount for left side of the cargo area; includes one detachable pouche for storage; also includes a mounted fire extinguisher (unused).
    - Springtail Solutions mount on the shifter area; includes two detachable pouches for storage.
    - Fiskars 36" splitting axe (used a few times).
    - Two NATO cans (red; steel) that hold about 5.3 gallons; also included are two spouts (these were never used).
    - 5-gal Scepter water can (blue; plastic) that was used once.
    - Communication: Cobra 75WXST CB radio (also included is an uninstalled, new external speaker) with a tuneable 3' antennae and a stainless steel mount on the rear door.
    - Raingler cargo net.
    - Husky Liners for the front, rear, and cargo sections; I also have the OEM mats laying around that you'll get.
    - Clazzio seat covers straight from Japan; they're a PVC/suede combo; the OEM seats have never been sat on other than maybe the first 2-3 weeks after buying the truck; there's a spare passenger armrest cover so if you buy the OEM rest you will have a matching cover.
    - Amaesing black vinyl hood decal.
    - Firestik 2' antenna that replaced the OEM radio antennae.
    - Firestik 5' dune whip with a quick disconnect mount on the rack.
    - Industrial Forming custom sliding cover for the front carriage bin.
    - Panavise dash mount.
    - Leerburg "Vetlock Tailgate Lock"; this allows you to keep the rear window open partially.
    - Four Rugged Ridge grab handles attached inside for passengers.
    - Two "The Perfect Bungee" 31-inch stretch straps for the cargo area.
    - Assenmacher Specialty Tools oil filter socket wrench that makes doing the oil change even easier.
    - Expedition One winshield washer fluid resersvoir (larger than OEM and mounted higher in the engine bay).
    - Auto Ventshade channel visors.
    - Putco headlight and taillight trims that were Plasti Dip'd black over the ugly chrome.
    - Windshield pillar light mounts; no lights actually mounted yet; only the driver-side mount is installed; passenger side yet to be.
    - Trasharoo (spare tire trash bag).
    - HeatShield windshield sunshade fit for the FJ Cruiser specifically.
    - Genuine Toyota Slightline wiper blades (waay better than stock).
    - "TRD" seat belt pads.
    - Qwik Valve (Fumoto) on the oil drain for easy drainage.
    - Rear-door light mounts mounted on the spare tire carrier bolts.

New/unused uninstalled accessories (costs total of "who the hell even cares at this point")..
    - Two Philips 9003 XPS2 X-treme Power headlight bulb packs (two each).
    - Two tubes of Royal Purple NLGI performance grease (14.1oz).
    - Mopar/PaintScratch touch-up paint; I have kits in white (for the roof) and silver (body); these are the OEM color codes.
    - Raw Mind Engineering breather kit (aka the "scuba mod").
    - Half-inch body lift spacers that are made out of UHMV.
    - Spare OEM grill fascia (silver).
    - AMI locking fuel door.
    - Spare battery carrying case.
    - TRD messenger bag.
    - Cover for driver or passenger seat (meant for dogs).
    - Four steel D shackles for anchoring.

Other items included..
    - About a dozen brand new and ready to be used TRD oil filters.
    - A custom-built, by yours truly, phone/tablet mount out of plastic piping sponsored by Home Depot.

Additional recent (within the last 6 months) pictures..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The recent passenger side damage (looks worse than it really is as this was fresh before a moderate cleaning)..

[​IMG]

The old "the garbage truck came out of nowhere" accident damage..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  2. Oct 1, 2014 at 12:54 PM
    JDEMELLO

JDEMELLO Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Corona Ca
    Vehicle:
    none
    Love that FJ! Clean.

3. Oct 1, 2014 at 4:02 PM
    Papa Taco

Papa Taco HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access Cab 4x4 6 Speed
    Follow the yellow brick road
    siiiick

4. Oct 2, 2014 at 4:42 AM
    Spvrtan

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    San Diego (North County)
    Vehicle:
    That means a lot coming from you, Jason. :)

5. Oct 6, 2014 at 1:39 AM
    Spvrtan

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    San Diego (North County)
    Vehicle:
    Bump.

Products Discussed in

To Top