1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mice/Rat Problem

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JTyfz450, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Oct 8, 2014 at 3:09 PM
    AZJEFFRO

AZJEFFRO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Tucson, AZ. USA
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner TRD Offroad.
    Wait until you get one in the blower fan for your heater ! Good times. I've pulled a lot of those out of cust. vehicles. Turn on the A/C or Heater and the dash shakes like it's a paint shaker.

2. Oct 8, 2014 at 7:09 PM
    JDM

JDM Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB TRD OR S/C
    TRD supercharger, TRD exhaust, skids, sliders
    I'd poison them. Read the reviews for a few products and went with Farnam Just One Bite II bars for a yard problem I was having. They loved it and five days later were dead. No more problem.

I'd hang a few of those like air fresheners under the hood (those bars are hollow, so you could run a string/wire through them) until there were no signs left of the pests.

Will remember the peppermint oil trick though...

3. Oct 8, 2014 at 8:03 PM
    Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Prepare To Attack

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '24 GX550 Overtrail+

Pretty cool invention right there. Cheap and effective :thumbsup:

4. Oct 17, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    ls1 prerunner

ls1 prerunner Internet Scientist

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    El Paso, TX
    Vehicle:
    19 Golf .:R & 11 4x4 TRD LT S/C
    TRD S/C, Camburg LT, DMZ SUA, SAW Shocks in all four corners, Glassworks hood, fenders and Bedsides, 35" Toyo MT, KMC Enduros
    I need to figure out a good way to keep them away. I live in the middle of the desert and my neighbors who live a block away have their dogs loose all the time. So they've killed the cats the lived in my parents' property. Now there are rabbits, mice, rats, and snakes all roaming around since there's no cat.

Long story short, they made a nest in my engine bay and the dealer quoted the insurance $2300 for the repairs thus far. I don't drive my truck much due to horrible gas mileage so what are good ways to repel them? For the pepper do you just throw some under the truck or in the engine bay?

5. Oct 17, 2014 at 1:34 PM
    RickG

RickG It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Member:
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Color matched grille, Access tonneau, OEM Temp/compass, De-badged, OEM hitch, Custom rear storage/dog deck, LED foot well lighting, Illuminated 4x4 switch
    The bucket trick works like a charm. One other variation... carefully float a handful of black oil sunflower seeds on top of 6-8" of water. you don't need the can, just a ramp for them to walk up. This'll get squirrels and chipmunks as well as the mice. They just jump right in.

6. Oct 17, 2014 at 3:46 PM
    SpruceMica12

SpruceMica12 Nomadyota

Member:
    Eastern Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD OR AC/ 1983 Toyota Pickup
    Diff breather Duratracs Front bumper Bed rack Brake controller Sub/Amp/Stereo 7 Pin relocation Cell booster Dipped interior Shortened mudflaps Bug deflector Tailgate lock
    If mice are getting into the interior of your truck, throw a couple bounce sheets that you use in the dryer under the seats. My brother and i have a couple older restored vehicles that we park outside at my dad's in the country every winter and this method hasnt failed us yet. Something in them that they can't stand the smell of i guess. Also keeps the inside of your vehicle smelling fresh.. Bonus lol

7. Nov 29, 2015 at 11:34 AM
    nomoremice

nomoremice New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Superseed
    I make and market an all natural and totally safe product that will eliminate your mouse or rat problem. I will send a free sample to anyone who requests one by email at superseedrd@gmail.com. All I ask is that you tell me how it worked for you.

Products Discussed in

To Top