1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2014 TX Baja "Wild Crow"

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Wild Crow, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Oct 22, 2014 at 6:44 PM
    Wild Crow

Wild Crow [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Anywhere is home
    Vehicle:
    2014 Baja
    Hello everyone!
    New to Tacoma's (newish to Toyota, it's only my second) but not to the world of truck forums.

12 years a go, we purchased our first new truck, a 2003 Tundra. Black 4x4 coolness. 220,000 miles later and we're planning a near (5 years) future of homeless nomadic wanderings.

The original plan was to rebuild the Tundra, but with kids needing a ride to go places and the potential 350,000 miles the Tundra will have in 5 years prompted us to buy a newer truck. The discussions were long and involved, but eventually we decided to buy an Off Road Tacoma as it has nearly everything we want (or that we would add to the Tundra) black paint, rear locker, decent stereo, good suspension. Now we just need to add the normal stuff ie, bumper, winch, custom bed rack, tonneau cover, supercharger, etc for it to be fully functional and capable towing our home built teardrop trailer the CrowsWing.

We chose the Baja because it's already got a nice suspension and lift over the regular Off Road, so I don't have to worry about that modification until those shocks and springs are worn out. That and our dealer found one (after a 2 hour search) that had everything we wanted. If he hadn't we were going to order a 2015 PRO. We were able to deal on the price of the Baja (2000 off the MSRP , don't know if that's real good, but it's too late now). Now, five years from now we can start our trip with a paid off truck.

I guess that's all for now. See you out in the Wild!

20141001181731.jpg
    IMG_2027.jpg
    P5260290.jpg
    P5270299.jpg
    P5270304.jpg

2. Oct 22, 2014 at 7:10 PM
    RND2

RND2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    In my head swimming around
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB