1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sirius/Factory radio install 2009 Tacoma

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by BPachom, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Sep 14, 2009 at 5:45 PM
    BPachom

BPachom [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5, 4cyl 4X4, Black
    Access roll-up tonneau cover, Factory radio W/Sirius, Tailgate clamp, HID head lights, Stainless nerf bars.

Glad that the install worked out, hopefully replacing the module will fix the problem.
    Just curious, did you press the "text" button on the factory radio to change the display? You can chang ethe diplay by pressing text multiple times for another display.

Here is the volume adjustment; TOYSC1-HONSC1 Audio level.pdf

2. Sep 14, 2009 at 7:35 PM
    TacomaCountry09

TacomaCountry09 Member

Member:
    Orange County NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD
    BPachom:

I just attempted pressing the TEXT button numerous times thinking that may be the obvious fix, but it didn't work. It appears that there is 4 different settings that can occur by pressing TEXT. On my radio though, I started at the 1st Channel which displays SAT 1 and the channel number as seen below

[​IMG]

the 3 remaining times I pressed the text button, It displayed SIRIUS and on the 4th time it returned to the original screen. (picture 1)

[​IMG]

Any educated guesses.......

3. Sep 15, 2009 at 8:39 AM
    Toph151

Toph151 Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Sport
    I had this exact same issue, and called TSS-Radio last night right after you did. They told me to disconnect the battery, didnt help. I went inside in disgust and read the manual for the tuner, There are 2 switches on the unit not sure which one, and u need to have the switch to on(down postion) and the 2nd one, to 11 characters. I had previously set mine to 16 and it did not work. Once these changes are made, unplug the feed to the radio (black plug) not the DIM. Wa La. Worked perfect.

Let me know if this helps.

4. Dec 16, 2009 at 2:40 PM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    I may be ordering the interface and receiver soon so I'm wondering.... does it work now?

5. Dec 16, 2009 at 7:25 PM
    BPachom

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    Access roll-up tonneau cover, Factory radio W/Sirius, Tailgate clamp, HID head lights, Stainless nerf bars.
    TacomaCountry,

Toph151 may be right with the setting of the switches on the tuner.
    Once you get squared away (working properly) the text button will give you three different displays; channel number, channel name, and song or activity.

Good luck!

6. Dec 17, 2009 at 9:20 AM
    lost1700

lost1700 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner
    For those with Sirius, check out the Jason Ellis show on Faction 28 from 3:00 - 7:00 EST. He is hilarious.

7. Dec 17, 2009 at 9:49 AM
    Toph151

Toph151 Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Sport

Works awesome, you get 3 different modes with the TEXT button, Channel ID, Song Title, Artist. Its worth it.

8. Dec 22, 2009 at 11:10 PM
    cortez_a

cortez_a Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Colorado
    Awesome post Bob! This has really given me an idea on how to pull off a Sirius install. This is going to be the first time I've done a project on my Tacoma and I have a couple of questions I hope someone can answer.

First, how easy is it to remove the AC controls? I saw the post Bob linked to showing how to remove it, but I was just curious if it is easy to pop out.

Second, does anyone know if both the Toy SC1 and SCC1 can be hidden in the space next to the right of the center console? And if both are hidden there will there be enough cable to reach the Tacoma's radio?

Finally how clean is the install? Is it easy to hide all of the cables? And where should I hide them?

Thanks to anyone who can answer any of these questions.

9. Dec 23, 2009 at 4:07 AM
    BPachom

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:

Cortez;

Thank you.

The A/C control are easy to remove as they are are a "snap in" type installation, but I recommend that you take your time as to not scratch the dash when prying with a puddy knife.

Both units can be placed in the right side of the console (there is room for both) and there is enough cable to allow for this. Another option I am told is the passenger side kicker panel.

The install is as clean as you make it to be. There is plenty of room and areas to tuck and hide wires and cables within the dash, console, etc.
    One of the main reasons I opted to use the factory radio with the Sirius tuner, was for the "clean" look.

GOOD LUCK!

Bob

10. Dec 23, 2009 at 8:12 AM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
  11. Dec 23, 2009 at 1:21 PM
    BPachom

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
  12. Jan 19, 2010 at 5:03 PM
    kulitxplod

kulitxplod Well-Known Member

Member:
    Middle TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner
    TacomaCountry, I got the same thing. I switched the dip switches to both down I think, unplugged the fuse but nothing. Will try to disconnect battery, change dip switches again, and try it again. Called TSS Radio, they suggested the fuse and switches, nothing. Anybody, can someone tell us what the switches should be set too?

13. Jan 20, 2010 at 6:58 AM
    Toph151

Toph151 Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Sport
    Check out up in the thread to my post. Here is what I did.

I had this exact same issue, and called TSS-Radio last night right after you did. They told me to disconnect the battery, didnt help. I went inside in disgust and read the manual for the tuner, There are 2 switches on the unit not sure which one, and u need to have the switch to on(down postion) and the 2nd one, to 11 characters. I had previously set mine to 16 and it did not work. Once these changes are made, unplug the feed to the radio (black plug) not the DIM. Wa La. Worked perfect.

Let me know if this helps.

14. Jan 20, 2010 at 8:18 AM
    kulitxplod

Member:
    Middle TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner

I unplugged the cord at the toy-sc1 itself, disconnected battery, set switches, then reconnected toysc1,battery, and tried....same results....no song title or channel name. I have a 2010, but the radios I'm told are exactly the same.

15. Jan 29, 2010 at 3:35 PM
    kulitxplod

Member:
    Middle TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner
    I just thought that I would post an update to my situation. I contacted TSS-Radio, they worked out a very satisfactory solution-I return the TOY-SC1 and purchase one of their iSimple interfaces. I got the package that included the iPod adapter, the Aux input, the Media Gateway, the SCC1 connection cable, and SCC1 tuner (Except they credited me for the tuner since I already had one.) All total, it was only a nominal amount more than the TOY-SC1 but provides a pretty good interface for the iPod/iPhone.

I've got it all hooked up and functioning, could not be happier. With the shark fin adapter cable, the install is a nice and clean one. I did add a small amp and replaced the front speakers with some rather inexpensive set of Pioneer's and could not be happier for the amount of money I've spent, which is relatively small. The amp was a 10 yr old amp that came from the attic (a previous install) and the speakers were $40 from WollyWorld.

Overall, much better audio system than what was delivered in the stock state.

16. Feb 27, 2010 at 4:29 PM
    topherjus

topherjus New Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2009 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    Followed this thread and installed satelite radio and shark fin adapter. Install was easy and it works great. Thanks!

17. Feb 28, 2010 at 1:46 PM
    BPachom

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:

Good to hear it when people are successful with their mods.

I find this site very informative and interesting too!

Good luck to you and your Tacoma.

18. Feb 28, 2010 at 1:51 PM
    SmoothFox

SmoothFox Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    DFW TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OFFROAD 4x4
    CBI Sliders,PIAA Lights, 5100's, 4 leaf pack.
    STERN

olive blackcock
    mike hunt
    jack meoffer
    Sal is a homo Sal is a homo
    Guess whats in Sal's pouch LMAO:eek:

19. May 7, 2010 at 5:25 PM
    Snapp

Snapp Member

Member:
    Delaware
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport LB
    kulitxplod - I also have a 2010 and found your information very useful. Can you provide a picture of your install? Where did you run the ipod cable? what model iSimple kit did you purchase?
    Do you have Sirius, Ipod and use of the AUX input next to the cigarette lighters?

Sorry for all the newbie questions.

20. Jul 12, 2010 at 5:01 PM
    Warrior74

Warrior74 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport Dbl Cab Black
    Tint driver and passenger windows, weathertech front and rear black floor mats, wetokale front seat covers, toyota bed mat, SIRIUS factory SAT, Extang Trifold soft toneau cover.
    I heard there are issues in the 2010 tacos with the same sirius hardware you used. Is this true? I am taking a gamble, just ordered the same hardware, TOY SC1 and SCC1 combo with the shark fin antenna adapter from tss radio.

Products Discussed in

To Top