1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Smittybilt XRC wiring

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Luke01, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Oct 25, 2014 at 4:42 AM
    Luke01

Luke01 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma DCSB MGM lifted dented and armored
    Grillcraft Grill, Leer 100q top, 5100's on four corners, OME 885x up front, OME Dakars with add a leaf in rear, Lighting, a mix of Rigid and Chinese LED's, US Off Road hidden winch front bumper, SOS offroad conceprs skids, and rear bumper with swing out
    I am curious how to wire up my new Smittybilt winch to a switch on my dash, what I am concerned about it a way to disconnect power to it when I am not using it, not so much to run it from inside the cab. I have considered just putting a battery disconnect switch under the hood, any input would be great

2. Oct 25, 2014 at 4:55 AM
    slcsez2000

slcsez2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    Exterior: -Current Suspension- Icon extended travel front struts w/ 700lb coils Icon extended travel Remote Resi rear shocks Dakar leaf pack Icon Tubular UCAs with covers Icon neoprene shock covers -OEM Roof Rack -2 fold down cup holders in bed -Bed bottle opener -Access lite rider roll up tonneau cover -AFE Prodry air filter -Pop and lock bed lock -Rear differential breather relocation mod (behind tail light) -Aeroturbine 2525XL Muffler Armor: -SOS Concepts bolt on sliders W/ kick out -SOS Concepts aluminum front bumper with full hoops -SOS Concepts Rear HC Bumper -SOS Concepts IFS/Mid skids
    I am putting a battery disconnect switch on mine just for safety reasons too. I'll turn it on when I head out to wheel. As I was installing my winch I had a short or exposed wire somewhere so every time I went to finish the install and connect it to the battery there were so many huge sparks it seriously could have started a fire. That kind of scared me a bit to where I want a way to kill the power to it quick in case something shorts, or I get in a wreck etc etc.

3. Oct 26, 2014 at 6:33 PM
    Luke01

Luke01 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma DCSB MGM lifted dented and armored
    Grillcraft Grill, Leer 100q top, 5100's on four corners, OME 885x up front, OME Dakars with add a leaf in rear, Lighting, a mix of Rigid and Chinese LED's, US Off Road hidden winch front bumper, SOS offroad conceprs skids, and rear bumper with swing out
    I was looking at something like this, http://shop.totalautomotiveperforma...ttery_system_accessories/30204/i-1928871.aspx

4. Oct 26, 2014 at 6:41 PM
    slcsez2000

slcsez2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    Exterior: -Current Suspension- Icon extended travel front struts w/ 700lb coils Icon extended travel Remote Resi rear shocks Dakar leaf pack Icon Tubular UCAs with covers Icon neoprene shock covers -OEM Roof Rack -2 fold down cup holders in bed -Bed bottle opener -Access lite rider roll up tonneau cover -AFE Prodry air filter -Pop and lock bed lock -Rear differential breather relocation mod (behind tail light) -Aeroturbine 2525XL Muffler Armor: -SOS Concepts bolt on sliders W/ kick out -SOS Concepts aluminum front bumper with full hoops -SOS Concepts Rear HC Bumper -SOS Concepts IFS/Mid skids

Products Discussed in

To Top