1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blue light on dash

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Kerry56, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Oct 29, 2014 at 1:23 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    My stock alarm has a blue light.
    Plz post findings.

2. Oct 29, 2014 at 8:37 PM
    TashcomerTexas

TashcomerTexas My truck is a whiner

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD DC King Ranch Edition
    They wired my viper alarm to indicate through the rs3000(or whatever it's called) led :confused:

It flashes continuously when locked and armed. Along with the factory red led next to the DC ports.

3. Oct 30, 2014 at 12:45 PM
    Kerry56

Kerry56 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    W. Texas
    Vehicle:
    2004 5-lug SR5
    Alright, an update, although an unexciting one.

I took off the lower cover and traced the wire but found out nothing.

DSC_0079.jpg

One red wire, one red and black wire.

Its wrapped around a loose plug, then goes down near a light colored plastic box with fuses.

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

Now it may look like the wires go into that box, but they don't. They disappear in the black bundle of wires right in front of it.

DSC_0082.jpg

Removing one of the wires from the led doesn't seem to affect anything else. I've tested everything I can think of to make sure. So, its probably just a left over from something a previous owner had installed.

4. Oct 30, 2014 at 3:21 PM
    stikle

stikle Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    The Sovereign State of Eastern Oregon
    Vehicle:
    1997 LX Xtracab 4x4 V6 3.4L
    Eh, see my Build Thread sig link. Too many mods to list.
    Good job wire tracing. I've had to do that more than a few times myself. Luckily it's a just an LED and odds are that disconnecting it won't affect anything...other than telling you that your battery still has juice.

You might fill in your profile with more details on your Taco. It could be helpful in the future.

5. Oct 30, 2014 at 4:15 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    Word.

6. Oct 31, 2014 at 8:31 AM
    stikle

stikle Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    The Sovereign State of Eastern Oregon
    Vehicle:
    1997 LX Xtracab 4x4 V6 3.4L
    Eh, see my Build Thread sig link. Too many mods to list.
    I just thought of something - maybe the previous owner just installed an LED as a fake alarm indicator... Insidious if so.:cool:

7. Oct 31, 2014 at 8:46 AM
    keakar

keakar Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    karl
    louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2006 4runner sport 4.7L V8 (white)
    used to have - 99 2.4L I4 5 lug & 04 prerunner v6
    maybe it was just a power indicator light for an amp or some other accessary or stereo equipt.

if I were you I would take it all out of the fuse box connections if its not going to anything because leaving it there only invites something to maybe cause a problem later if a wire ever touches something it shouldn't. just leave the led there and roll the wires up and tape them off.

you could later reconnect it as a "power is on" indicator light if you ever install driving or fog lights.

8. Oct 31, 2014 at 2:31 PM
    97TacoNM

97TacoNM Riding a 97 Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    NM
    Vehicle:
    97 Taco LX 4x4 Ext Cab
    Rampage halogens Custom bed rack
    Nice! Could be, could be!

Products Discussed in