1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buy New or a good deal 2012

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Jdog73, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Oct 31, 2014 at 11:59 PM
    Idaholandho

Idaholandho The other white meat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 Now - 2022 Trail Edition, 2015 TRD 4x4 and a 2006 SR5 4x4
    2015 Tacoma, Magnuson Supercharger, Bully Dog Flash and GT, Safari Snorkel, Toytec BOSS 2.5 Coil Over Front, Toytec BOSS Aluma 2.5 Rear, Toytec 10 Leaf Pack, Stainless Brake Lines, Icon UCA's, CBI Reverse Adj Shackle Mounts, CBI Ubolt Flip Kit, Timbren Bump Stops, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 Front Bumper w/ Warn M8000S Winch and SR2 Rigid Flood Lights, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 Rear Swingout Bumper, Rigid SR2 backup lights and Dual RotopaX / Fuel/First Aid Pack, CBI Rock Sliders, CBI Full Skids and CBI Rear Diff Armor, BAMF LCA Skids, FrontRunner Outfitters Slimline II Roof Rack w/ Rigid SR2 40" Combo Light Bar, Rock lights, Rigid pods in Bed Rack, Intelligent Battery System w/ Dual NorthStar batteries, Spod Power Distribution, illuminated switch panel in sunglasses holder, Viar Extreme Duty On-Board Air w/ 2.5 Gallon Tank under bed, Air 2 Air Sys, Magnaflow Exhaust, Fuel Off Road Trophy Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo Open Country R/T, Diff breather mod, FX-R BHLM Demon Eye headlights, Esuse LED Fog Kit, Pelfreybilt Camera Relocation mount, Pelfreybilt ax/shovel bed mount, Debadged, tint, a 2006 Tacoma SR5 and a 2022 Trail Edition
    Couldn't agree more with the above posters. Enjoy the truck my friend. Get over the buyers remorse part and move on.
    Tacoma's are not inexpensive used or new, Fact. Your going to love it.

2. Nov 1, 2014 at 12:04 AM
    11 Tacoma

11 Tacoma Active Member

Member:
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 2wd
    There is always someone with a better deal. This is always a bad question to ask. As far as history of the truck. This won't give you everything but you can go onto the toyota web site into the owners section. Create an account and put the vin into the system. If toyota has anything it will pull up the truck history including where it was sold.

3. Nov 1, 2014 at 12:05 AM
    Jdog73

Jdog73 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Pocatello Idaho
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma SR5 L/B
    Thanks for the replies guys. It helps. This is the first time I've ever spent more than 15k on a vehicle so it stung a bit. I love it already and already swapped out the nasty steel wheels for some TRD sport alloys. Looks pimpin now. Here is a pic pre - alloys

20141023_103932.jpg

4. Nov 1, 2014 at 12:09 AM
    Jdog73

Jdog73 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Pocatello Idaho
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma SR5 L/B
    I already signed up with Tacoma and when I spoke to toyota on the phone he was able to tell me all sorts of history but once I logged myself on none of it was there. When I called back they said I needed to get a dealer to release the info????

5. Nov 1, 2014 at 1:12 AM
    Twinkie0311

Twinkie0311 Mall crawling like a boss

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB TRD Sport MGM
    OME Lift w/ Dakars, TRD catback exhaust, 275/70/17 with SCS Stealth 6. and much more.
    Truck looks good man. I think anytime someone spends any large amount of money on anything there will always be some doubt at first. Give it some time and you won't even think about it anymore.

Like someone said someone will always have a better deal then you, but as long as you feel like you got what you wanted then it's all good.

6. Nov 1, 2014 at 8:52 AM
    MeefZah

MeefZah -----------

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Lexington, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '24 4R ORP
    Why they gotta be nasty? I love my steel wheels. Simple. Rugged. No bullshit. Nothing pretty, just utilitarian as fuck.

http://www.toyota.com/owners/web/pa...otaownersonlineportlet_action=continueToStep1

Once you register, you can access all maintenance records from dealer performed services. You can also view recalls, recall repairs, etc. You cna also input your own maintenance records to the system, for example, a self-performed oil change.

Be aware that their site is a little wonky depending on what browser you use. I couldn't get it to work quite right with logging in and so forth using IE.

Products Discussed in

To Top