1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installed 5100 shocks up front, now I have some bad caster numbers after alignment.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by DannyD, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Nov 17, 2014 at 4:29 PM
    DannyD

DannyD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2021 DCLB
    So I've got a general idea about alignment but have never adjusted a vehicle myself which would be needed to fully grasp what the tech had to do to get the numbers where they are now. I put 5100 set at 1.75 with stock springs. I have 265/70/17 tires on aswell. Rear is just tsb springs.

He told me the caster is maxed out and can't be adjusted anymore.

If anybody is good at alignments could give me some advice would be much appreciated, I can take pictures of the adjustments if needed.

The ride felt good coming home, got up to 130km an hour and drove strait and true. Better then before the new shocks went it. If it drives fine should I not worry about it? or should I bitch and possibly pay for another alignment from somewhere else.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  2. Nov 18, 2014 at 7:03 AM
    DannyD

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2021 DCLB
    It looks like they lowered my front wheels Tire pressure down about 5psi. Enough to trip the TPMS sensors. A trick to give the immediate feel of a good alignment I'm guessing? It's too low at 22 psi. I usually run around 28.

3. Nov 18, 2014 at 7:10 AM
    moondeath

moondeath Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pa, Gardners
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    5100 @ 0” w/ 2.5” Eibach spring, 1.5" Icon Progressive 3 leaf + 1” block, Procomp Wheels, Grill Thin Lip (Custom Car Grills Mod), Access Tonneau Cover, Pop & Lock Tailgate Electronic Lock PL8521
    At 1.75 you should be able to get caster within spec. Caster is what makes the tires track straight. Won't cause any wear on tire, but it will sacrifice handling.

2.5 is usually where caster starts to becomes an issue with alignment.

4. Nov 18, 2014 at 5:32 PM
    DannyD

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2021 DCLB
    A message to the kal Tire twitter account and a conversation with the manager after extensive reading on this forum and he was forced to give me a refund. After i made it very noticeable that he was bullshitting everything he said.

So now since it was free and the alignment is almost perfect I'm goona run it as is till I hit the next hole in the bush. Then try for a good shop after that lol. I gotta find a lifetime alignment deal in Canada

Products Discussed in

To Top