1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Someone hit my truck and left

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Sgt Jmack, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Nov 18, 2014 at 11:21 PM
    Sgt Jmack

Sgt Jmack [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremiah
    New Orleans, LA
    Vehicle:
    14 Sport Dbl cab L/B
    3" Revtech, Undercover flex.
    I saw it and sent a copy to the ins. co.

2. Nov 18, 2014 at 11:22 PM
    Sgt Jmack

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremiah
    New Orleans, LA
    Vehicle:
    14 Sport Dbl cab L/B
    I thought about that. Maybe once it gets a little warmer out I'll look into it.

3. Nov 18, 2014 at 11:44 PM
    wanna taco

wanna taco What's my name?

Member:
    First Name:
    alan
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCSB TRD Sport 4x2 Barcelona Red!
    TRD Sport with a whole Shitload of TwoBitDiddlySquat Running Boards/Roof Rack/Bed Mat; Tint all around; W/Tech Liners; Extant Hard Trifold; P&L; Relentless tailgate mod; Amp Bed Step; TracOne; Rear headrest Delete; rear window lock rod; tailgate EZ hose clamp; Kahtec 3rd lite flasher; Muth Signal Mirrors; 894 (38W) Fog Reverse Bulbs; Seat belt extenders; Seat belt chime silenced; Fumoto Kwik Valve; RideRites/Daystars; Eyebolts; SS D Rings; Viair 70P; Lund hitch Bed Extender; Custom Windshield Rock Chips; ...
    That does make a difference. My deductible is $500, and the car was keyed from bumper to bumper.
    Involved some disassembly as well as paint for the whole side.
    Plenty of padding opportunity, I'm sure, and of course it adds to everyone's rates,
    ...But idaholandho, would you have me say "Thank you but no, I'll gladly pay the deductible"?

4. Nov 18, 2014 at 11:50 PM
    Idaholandho

Idaholandho The other white meat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 Now - 2022 Trail Edition, 2015 TRD 4x4 and a 2006 SR5 4x4
    2015 Tacoma, Magnuson Supercharger, Bully Dog Flash and GT, Safari Snorkel, Toytec BOSS 2.5 Coil Over Front, Toytec BOSS Aluma 2.5 Rear, Toytec 10 Leaf Pack, Stainless Brake Lines, Icon UCA's, CBI Reverse Adj Shackle Mounts, CBI Ubolt Flip Kit, Timbren Bump Stops, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 Front Bumper w/ Warn M8000S Winch and SR2 Rigid Flood Lights, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 Rear Swingout Bumper, Rigid SR2 backup lights and Dual RotopaX / Fuel/First Aid Pack, CBI Rock Sliders, CBI Full Skids and CBI Rear Diff Armor, BAMF LCA Skids, FrontRunner Outfitters Slimline II Roof Rack w/ Rigid SR2 40" Combo Light Bar, Rock lights, Rigid pods in Bed Rack, Intelligent Battery System w/ Dual NorthStar batteries, Spod Power Distribution, illuminated switch panel in sunglasses holder, Viar Extreme Duty On-Board Air w/ 2.5 Gallon Tank under bed, Air 2 Air Sys, Magnaflow Exhaust, Fuel Off Road Trophy Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo Open Country R/T, Diff breather mod, FX-R BHLM Demon Eye headlights, Esuse LED Fog Kit, Pelfreybilt Camera Relocation mount, Pelfreybilt ax/shovel bed mount, Debadged, tint, a 2006 Tacoma SR5 and a 2022 Trail Edition
    No reason to be cute or a douchebag, Facts are facts.
    I simply would have questioned how they are able to do this and requested a copy of the bill sent to my insurance company. And yep, if I found they were conducting business unethically I would of moved on. Pretty fucking simple in my world.

5. Nov 19, 2014 at 7:17 AM
    wanna taco

Member:
    First Name:
    alan
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport with a whole Shitload of TwoBitDiddlySquat Running Boards/Roof Rack/Bed Mat; Tint all around; W/Tech Liners; Extant Hard Trifold; P&L; Relentless tailgate mod; Amp Bed Step; TracOne; Rear headrest Delete; rear window lock rod; tailgate EZ hose clamp; Kahtec 3rd lite flasher; Muth Signal Mirrors; 894 (38W) Fog Reverse Bulbs; Seat belt extenders; Seat belt chime silenced; Fumoto Kwik Valve; RideRites/Daystars; Eyebolts; SS D Rings; Viair 70P; Lund hitch Bed Extender; Custom Windshield Rock Chips; ...
    You are correct,there is no reason to be cute or a douchbag, is there? Who but yourself is guilty of either? More namecalling will get you reported.

6. Nov 19, 2014 at 7:25 AM
    jethro

jethro Master Baiter

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    Getting a body shop to cover your deductible is like masturbation. Everyone does it and the ones that say they don't are fuckin' liars. Simple as that.

7. Nov 19, 2014 at 7:42 AM
    Shelf Life

Shelf Life Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Central Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '06 ACC CAB 4x4 TRD OFF ROAD
    I caught a rock when my truck was a week old and cracked the windshield beyond a fix. At two months old, it was dinged and ran on in a parking lot on the right rear. Sometimes I think it may be easier just to hammer a dent in it when it's new and get it over with!

8. Nov 19, 2014 at 9:04 AM
    toomanytoys84

toomanytoys84 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Stock
    Good reason to carry lower deductible. I keep 0 comp 250 collision on my vehicles. My deer hitting ability is second to none most of the time.

9. Nov 19, 2014 at 9:09 AM
    dm1215al

dm1215al Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Fl
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Offroad 4x4
    Step tubes,Window tint, HomelinK rear view mirror, changed the entune image screen Rear Differential Breather Relocation Extended AC condensate hose KB Voodoo tailgate cap Redline Tuning QuickLIFT ELITE hood lift system.
    If I go to any store I will be the truck parked far away from the crowd.
    During the holidays you will not find me in any parking lot.

10. Nov 19, 2014 at 7:32 PM
    Jimmyh

Jimmyh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5

Should be a comprehensive claim. You were parked and have no idea what happened ( vandals etc ). No clue problem and no premium increase.

I guess I am just old and spoiled. I also keep a low deductible... Us older people do not take a ding for a minor incident like you young chaps.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  11. Nov 19, 2014 at 8:45 PM
    wanna taco

Member:
    First Name:
    alan
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:

Just who you callin' old, you old goat? :duel:

12. Nov 19, 2014 at 8:58 PM
    Sgt Jmack

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremiah
    New Orleans, LA
    Vehicle:
    14 Sport Dbl cab L/B
    Lower deduct, = higher premium. I have a grand saved up for my deduct, just don't want to use it for something as small as this.

13. Nov 19, 2014 at 9:00 PM
    Sgt Jmack

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremiah
    New Orleans, LA
    Vehicle:
    14 Sport Dbl cab L/B
    here are some pictures of the damage. I'll take a few of what it looks like now, tomorrow.

IMG_20141112_112538_574.jpg
    IMG_20141112_112648_508.jpg
    IMG_20141112_112733_492.jpg

14. Nov 19, 2014 at 9:32 PM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    Same thing happened to my 2011 last spring, my girlfriend and I went out of town for a weekend excursion and parked out front of a sports bar to eat dinner and never noticed it until we got home and I drove it at night. I noticed that the driver's side headlight was pointed way down to the ground. Inspected it the next day to find that some asswad had backed into me and pushed the headlight in! Busted all the adjustment mounts and everything on the headlight bucket.

$40 worth of repairs. The dealer wanted $200 just for the headlight, I jumped on eBay and found the same exact one for $40, ordered it and put it on. Still pisses me off though that people have the nerve to do something like that and just drive off. Makes me want to put a dash cam in my truck that is always recording.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  15. Nov 19, 2014 at 9:46 PM
    jboudreaux1965

jboudreaux1965 Ragin Cajun Fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Joseph
    Hub City
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Sport
    set of clips on ebay is like $15 if your really worried about, just tell ins company you came outside and found a shopping cart slammed up against it and did the damage, $100 comp claim all better :)

thats if you have a good ins company, if you USAA or US Agencies or einsurance, gieko, any of the cheap fly by night companies, etc, dont bother.

a mac truck with no insurance could hit your truck with a hollywood film crew filming it and the CEO's grandmother just happening to be at the corner witnessing it and you got a good 6 months spending hours on the phone trying to get paid! a drunk guy passed out, i mean he was still out after the wreck, i shook him awake, hit my 4runner when i was at a stop light doing 65mph, he had US agencies, after 4 months, it took my ins companies lawyer contacting them before they quit stalling and paid! then he only $10,000 coverage which didnt cover my 4runner, lawyer again... another 4 months they covered the rest (they found mass amount of drugs in his truck, he went to prison so suing him was pretty much out of the question) moral is make sure you have good ins!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  16. Nov 20, 2014 at 1:20 AM
    Jimmyh

Jimmyh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5
    GEICO has always been good for me! Excellent service and has always paid promptly when needed. I have been using them for 35 years and I have had a few fender benders along the way and two comp claims.

GEICO in my experience has never acted cheap or fly by night. I think you have a jaded opinion.

JD Power Ratings:

Specifically, the Hartford garnered top marks among consumers for its policy offerings, pricing and call-center representatives. USAA got similar marks but was not included in the rankings because its coverage is available only to U.S. military personnel and their families.

J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Rankings

1. The Hartford
    2. Liberty Mutual
    3. American Family
    4. Auto Club Group
    5. Nationwide
    6. Amica Mutual
    7. State Farm
    8. Erie Insurance
    9. MetLife
    10. Auto-Owners Insurance
    11. GEICO
    12. Ameriprise
    13. Auto Club Group of So. California
    14. Safeco
    15. 21st Century
    http://www.insure.com/best-car-insurance-companies/

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/insurance/car.html

http://www.autoinsurance.org/top-10-auto-insurance-companies/

http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2013/12/16/314530.htm
    Based on third quarter reports, GEICO Corp. has surpassed Allstate Corp. to become the nation’s second-largest private auto insurer. According to data compiled by SNL, GEICO logged $4.89 billion in direct premiums written during the third quarter of 2013, while Allstate recorded $4.65 billion in premiums

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  17. Nov 20, 2014 at 3:23 AM
    SigSense

SigSense Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport DCLB 4X4
    You fell for this lazy asshole Sheriff's excuse? So lets pose a quick question. If a robbery were to occur in that store (which is on private property) would the Sheriff respond? The answer is yes, obviously. So a crime occurred (damage to your vehicle) and he tells you that there's nothing he can do? He lied to you. Just because a crime occurs on private property doesn't mean that they cannot do anything, think about it. Is your house private property? If someone were to rob/steal/damage your house or car on your private property, will they say they can't do anything?

The Sheriff's salary is paid by YOU, the taxpayer. I'd be demanding that his supervisor report to that parking lot ASAP.

18. Nov 20, 2014 at 4:41 AM
    xbxb

xbxb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    O.P. Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 DC, SB, 4WD Pyrite Mica,
    undercover flex, Clazzio seat covers, Flyzeyes, Pop N Lock, Shackle to drag me out
    Here's where I park. I hate parking lot's, they are almost evil.

[​IMG]

19. Nov 20, 2014 at 9:53 AM
    wanna taco

Member:
    First Name:
    alan
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    Jimmy, do you know how useless this list is? Customers talking off the top of their heads about how fast someone answered a phone? Nothing of any real substance, no comparisons of actual claim handling, not even any numbers of complaints to insurance commissioners, nothing but whether the representative was in a good mood when you called. Rubbish.

20. Nov 20, 2014 at 10:52 AM
    JustinFro

JustinFro Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tulsa
    Vehicle:
    2013 Black Taco
    TForce Pkg
    Bingo. Do the math fellas, you'll pay more in premiums (with a low deductible) over a year or two to more than cover the $1k deductible (at a lower periodic premium). This means more $$$ for mods.

Products Discussed in

To Top