1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone seen advertisement for ALASKA OFFROAD WARRIORS?

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by TACORIDER, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Nov 18, 2014 at 4:23 AM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    No, I'm sure you identified well with the spinach and cheese breakfast. It has nothing to do with wealth... and if you can afford all the bling expedition gear, I have no hard feelings about that, but you're still a fool.

My credentials? I'm just a broke ass hillbilly mechanic -- gone back to school, living on spam and breakfast cereal to build my blinged out land cruiser. :rolleyes:

Oh, and if you want to wheel, don't cry about lame shit like body damage. Then again what these guys do is like 20% wheeling and 80% drama.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  2. Nov 18, 2014 at 10:21 AM
    Thelgord

Thelgord The Pantagonist

Member:
    Augusta, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD (OffRoad, 4x4)
    SOS Rocksliders, All Pro skid plate, Procomp add-a-leaf, Bilstein 5100 @ 1.75", CB, high-lift jack
    It's not about identifying with anything, it's about being entertained. I find the show entertaining. So I watch it. If you don't like it, don't watch it. It's not complicated at all. Really. It's not.

Don't cry about body damage? The goal of over landing is not to see how much you can trash your ride. Well, not for people who actually care about there rides anyway. If you want to trash yours, please do. Just remember to pick up the junk you leave on the trail before you leave.

You have already identified the goal of the show, drama and great shots of remote places. The crew of the show even say in many videos what they do is closer to glamping than anything else. They do not try to hide what they do. It is not a crime to eat a well, or camp comfortably. Then again, the world needs haters too.

3. Nov 18, 2014 at 10:24 AM
    Mademan925

Mademan925 Senor Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Discovery Bay, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 TRD OFFROAD DCSB
    enough to go over stuff
    Im definitly going to watch but dont have an opinion on the show yet.

4. Nov 18, 2014 at 5:25 PM
    bzzr2

bzzr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    what's wrong with a nice tasty meal on the adventure once in a while? i know during my solo expedition throughout yukon and nwt this summer i certainly enjoyed a few tasty meals along the way, they were very enjoyable. yet other days i ate pretty plainly.

clay was pissed about the body damage because the guys in the rig heard the banging for quite a while yet didn't bother to stop and check what could be happening. kind of a dumbass move on their part.

i did the north canol this summer, (along with the nahanni range up to the nahanni national park border, the dempster and basically every dirt road i could safely travel solo throughout the nwt then many many other places) just me and my dog in my rig, went up about 15-20km's past the wildlife check station, no way in fawk to get to normal wells by truck, massive washouts. also go within 300km of norman wells via the nwt up past wrigley, the road turned into bog before hitting the river where the winter road runs. some ppl here are probably familiar with the expedition that involved several trucks a few yrs back that attempted the north canol to norman wells, met one of those guys in ross river, he was still driving the land cruiser, sadly he was not friendly and would not talk about the road at all!

anyway blah blah.... i am looking forward to this new show!!!

5. Nov 18, 2014 at 9:38 PM
    C2T

C2T Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Helena Montana
    Vehicle:
    Yes...it's a JEEP!
    35" Tires, AEV front recovery bumper, 2.5" AEV lift, Certified Mall Crawler sticker, Warn 9500 winch, Hi-Lift, Air compressor.
    That is certainly possible. :) Its a gift.

6. Nov 20, 2014 at 9:56 AM
    clc clc

clc clc Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 reg cab tacoma/2020 subaru crosstrek
    Is this th one where they shoot a shotgun out the window of the truck?

7. Nov 20, 2014 at 10:28 PM
    92LandCruiser

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    Tasty is one thing... spinach and garbage cheese is another! But hey, I've had some guys make me some crazy stuff in dutch ovens and we've eaten better than most nights at home, out camping, nothing wrong with that.

You're right and that's fair. As soon as I heard the noise I was like your chains are loose dude. They just kept going. Then again they over exaggerate everything in this show! OH NOW WE'RE GONNA HAVE TO REPLACE A 1500$ FENDER! Why, because the very bottom of it got a little dinged up? :rolleyes:

Sounds like you had a cool adventure! That's what I'm all about.

Not drama and fighting and stupid problems at every turn. Show me some wheeling and some scenery!

8. Nov 20, 2014 at 10:30 PM
    92LandCruiser

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    No chip on my shoulder. I had something for this...

I've done pretty well for myself though. That's why I just dumped 15k into a 92 land cruiser over this past year. ;)

9. Nov 20, 2014 at 10:36 PM
    Idaholandho

Idaholandho The other white meat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 Now - 2022 Trail Edition, 2015 TRD 4x4 and a 2006 SR5 4x4
    2015 Tacoma, Magnuson Supercharger, Bully Dog Flash and GT, Safari Snorkel, Toytec BOSS 2.5 Coil Over Front, Toytec BOSS Aluma 2.5 Rear, Toytec 10 Leaf Pack, Stainless Brake Lines, Icon UCA's, CBI Reverse Adj Shackle Mounts, CBI Ubolt Flip Kit, Timbren Bump Stops, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 Front Bumper w/ Warn M8000S Winch and SR2 Rigid Flood Lights, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 Rear Swingout Bumper, Rigid SR2 backup lights and Dual RotopaX / Fuel/First Aid Pack, CBI Rock Sliders, CBI Full Skids and CBI Rear Diff Armor, BAMF LCA Skids, FrontRunner Outfitters Slimline II Roof Rack w/ Rigid SR2 40" Combo Light Bar, Rock lights, Rigid pods in Bed Rack, Intelligent Battery System w/ Dual NorthStar batteries, Spod Power Distribution, illuminated switch panel in sunglasses holder, Viar Extreme Duty On-Board Air w/ 2.5 Gallon Tank under bed, Air 2 Air Sys, Magnaflow Exhaust, Fuel Off Road Trophy Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo Open Country R/T, Diff breather mod, FX-R BHLM Demon Eye headlights, Esuse LED Fog Kit, Pelfreybilt Camera Relocation mount, Pelfreybilt ax/shovel bed mount, Debadged, tint, a 2006 Tacoma SR5 and a 2022 Trail Edition
    Nice man! Tough to beat em'
    Love my 91. Although, it mimics flushing a toilet when I hit the skinny pedal.
    Gonna sell it to start another project :(

[​IMG]

10. Nov 20, 2014 at 10:41 PM
    92LandCruiser

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    I don't watch it, any more. Don't like my opinion or review of it, don't read it. It's not complicated at all. Really. It's not.

I'll reiterate what I wrote above to someone else. I think it's fair to be mad, it doesn't take a genius to know your chains are loose, and those guys should have stopped instantly. But again, they just blow everything out of proportion. My goal in wheeling and exploring is to see shit and have fun, but shit happens. I don't try to wreck my shit but I'm not gonna whine about some minor body damage way down low, cost of doing business... You wheel and shit happens, might as well suck it up or just stay home. Then again it was preventable and that was just stupidity so... Either way they blew it out of proportion. So dramatized!

Again, nothing wrong with eating well but I'm saying spinach and gargazola cheese breakfast is indicative of something else...

Yes sir, drama and glamping. It's like the Doomsday Preppers of Overlanding.

They do have great cinematography though. I'll give them that. Enjoy your reality tv.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  11. Nov 20, 2014 at 10:42 PM
    92LandCruiser

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    Hahaha, that's the best explanation of the acceleration of a 3FE ever. Great engine but man alive is it slow. Good luck on the new rig. :)

12. Nov 20, 2014 at 11:37 PM
    bzzr2

bzzr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    ya sometimes going over the top with camping meals is awesome, but the basics do the trick most of the time.

ya the over talking of things can get annoying, i found myself thinking shut up a few times during some of their episodes. and why fix the dented fender to put a new wrap on it go hit the road again. should leave it as a reminder to the morons that didn't bother to stop and check it out. but that just woudn't look pretty i guess.

was an awesome trip for sure, logged over 21000km's. didn't post up on tw about it cause i drove my ford.. got a thread up on expedition portal. and the paint on my 2014 truck is looking several yrs old after the trip, it had to happen to enjoy the ride!

this new alaska off road show is just gonna make me want to get back up there!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  13. Nov 21, 2014 at 12:27 AM
    Idaholandho

Idaholandho The other white meat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 Now - 2022 Trail Edition, 2015 TRD 4x4 and a 2006 SR5 4x4
    2015 Tacoma, Magnuson Supercharger, Bully Dog Flash and GT, Safari Snorkel, Toytec BOSS 2.5 Coil Over Front, Toytec BOSS Aluma 2.5 Rear, Toytec 10 Leaf Pack, Stainless Brake Lines, Icon UCA's, CBI Reverse Adj Shackle Mounts, CBI Ubolt Flip Kit, Timbren Bump Stops, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 Front Bumper w/ Warn M8000S Winch and SR2 Rigid Flood Lights, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 Rear Swingout Bumper, Rigid SR2 backup lights and Dual RotopaX / Fuel/First Aid Pack, CBI Rock Sliders, CBI Full Skids and CBI Rear Diff Armor, BAMF LCA Skids, FrontRunner Outfitters Slimline II Roof Rack w/ Rigid SR2 40" Combo Light Bar, Rock lights, Rigid pods in Bed Rack, Intelligent Battery System w/ Dual NorthStar batteries, Spod Power Distribution, illuminated switch panel in sunglasses holder, Viar Extreme Duty On-Board Air w/ 2.5 Gallon Tank under bed, Air 2 Air Sys, Magnaflow Exhaust, Fuel Off Road Trophy Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo Open Country R/T, Diff breather mod, FX-R BHLM Demon Eye headlights, Esuse LED Fog Kit, Pelfreybilt Camera Relocation mount, Pelfreybilt ax/shovel bed mount, Debadged, tint, a 2006 Tacoma SR5 and a 2022 Trail Edition
    I love the 3fe but, you are right as rain. I should just do another swap :anonymous:.
    Damn you and your building a 92.

14. Nov 21, 2014 at 2:31 PM
    92LandCruiser

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    Have you looked at my build yet? :eek:

15. Nov 30, 2014 at 12:05 PM
    Drinknmolson

Drinknmolson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wheat Ridge, CO
    Vehicle:
    10 DCSB sport
    I saw its on at 8 tonight so i hit the record button on the dvr, we'll see if its worth the space on the dvr. I personally like watching the alaska reality shows the scenery is, well u know!

16. Nov 30, 2014 at 8:24 PM
    MidnightRebel07

MidnightRebel07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northside of Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma BAJA T/X dcsb
    Weathertech floor mats, Go Rhino Dominator II step bars, EGR in channel ventshades, homemade spare tire bed rack, hitch step, K&N air filter and cabin air filter, 265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac's, Phillips LED headlights, Yellow Jacket yellow foglights, led back up lights, Mobtown tailgate stiffener, Wheeler's 3 leaf add a leaf, Firestone ride rite airbags, Bentrodders bed reinforcement stiffeners, PIAA windshield wipers
    The was kinda disappointing but there isn't that many if any offroading shows on t.v. so if it gets the ratings (t.v. executives see interest) than they might actually make more and better offroading shows. JMO

What do ya'll think think about the show. I know that it's a competition but you help out fellow wheelers' when they're broke down or stuck.

17. Nov 30, 2014 at 8:44 PM
    RKCRUZA

RKCRUZA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Placerville, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Pro in the Garage!

It is on the History Channel....re-run tonight at 11Pm I believe....normally on at 7pm (Pacific)

18. Dec 1, 2014 at 11:44 AM
    username

username Fluffer

Member:
    Pendleton, Or
    Vehicle:
    05 Taco with some crap welded to it
    mostly stock
    I'm watching it on demand now. Poor choice of personalities. I wonder how much meth it took to make one episode?

19. Dec 1, 2014 at 4:00 PM
    MidnightRebel07

MidnightRebel07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northside of Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma BAJA T/X dcsb
    Weathertech floor mats, Go Rhino Dominator II step bars, EGR in channel ventshades, homemade spare tire bed rack, hitch step, K&N air filter and cabin air filter, 265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac's, Phillips LED headlights, Yellow Jacket yellow foglights, led back up lights, Mobtown tailgate stiffener, Wheeler's 3 leaf add a leaf, Firestone ride rite airbags, Bentrodders bed reinforcement stiffeners, PIAA windshield wipers
    LMFAO!!!

Yeah, they could've picked out a better group of offroaders (gonna give the rest of us a bad rap). I'll continue to watch it for now, from the previews I've seen it looks like they actually go through some decent terrain.

How's the weather out there username? I lived in Stanfield and Hermiston most of my childhood. I miss living out there.

20. Dec 1, 2014 at 5:30 PM
    username

username Fluffer

Member:
    Pendleton, Or
    Vehicle:
    05 Taco with some crap welded to it
    mostly stock
    Alaskans are a little different, no doubt, but it just seems like they didn't interview these people at all and just sent them out with a bagful of meth and some go pros. It's supposed to be some sort of "race across Alaska" with a $100K pot, but if you advertized that some serious contenders would show up with prepped equipment, not some tweakers in an $1200 4runner that's about to blow a head gasket.

It's a balmy 22F with snow on the way in Eastern Oregon. I'm sure we know some of the same people, it's a small town.

Products Discussed in

To Top