1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help on Purchasing Fully loaded Tacoma w/SuperCharger!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bluelyfe, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Nov 20, 2014 at 9:09 PM
    jguns2002

jguns2002 Well-Known Member

Member:

Vehicle demand doesn't have as much to do with finance rates (unless you are looking at only financing through the manufacturer's finance group) as you would think. When I bought my truck back in Feb, I ended up at 1.49 for 72 mos without a down payment qualifier.

I have a really high credit score and I shop rates like I shop for vehicles....aggressively. You can negotiate rates as much as you can negotiate the sale price of a vehicle. Also, don't fill out credit apps everywhere you go.

2. Nov 20, 2014 at 9:16 PM
    FooBird

FooBird Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Kirkland, WA
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Seems like a good deal to me. I think the JBL system is a little overpriced for what it is. I saved that $2000 and for that going to get a hell of a lot better sound system than what comes in there, even with JBL.

The supercharger is awesome. I'm just going to say that. I loved my truck then threw the SC on last week and now I love it more.

3. Nov 20, 2014 at 9:16 PM
    jguns2002

jguns2002 Well-Known Member

Member:
    El tardo sounds like he knows what he's talking about. My first job out of school was selling cars. I did it for 2 years & it was some of the best education I ever received. I didn't sell 1000's in my time, but I did well. I have also personally bought 8 new vehicles for myself over the past 17 years and I've yet to be upside down in any of them. In fact I've steadily built equity even though I trade them every couple years.

4. Nov 20, 2014 at 9:23 PM
    Sugar Silva

Sugar Silva Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    16 Toyota Land Cruiser
    Kings Sliders TRD Rock Warrior Wheels Tint
    I got the best price from Toyota of Escondido. Not all that far from you. I would call Thomas Nguyen in Internet sales and see what he can do about ordering the truck for you. Good luck

5. Nov 20, 2014 at 11:08 PM
    Bluelyfe

Bluelyfe [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    This is true I could just get entune premium and noJBL save some bucks and add my own system... Cyber Monday is coming up too :D

6. Nov 21, 2014 at 2:13 AM
    SabMotocross

SabMotocross Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Santa Fe, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma PreRunner SR5 DCSB V6 TRD S/C
    TRD BAJA Suspension...Rims and tires, blackout badging, TRD oil filler cap, front skid plate, N-Fab step bars, GrillCraft custom upper and lower grills. K&N air filter, TRD Supercharger.

Absolutely!

I waited to install my S/C after I had a few break-in miles on the Tacoma.

I believe I had about 740 miles on the odometer when the puffer finally got installed.

Night and day difference. It changes the entire character of the Tacoma.

7. Nov 21, 2014 at 3:28 AM
    robssol

robssol If it ain't broke, leave it the eff alone!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma, TRD Sport, SR5, 4X4, AC
    Frame 2.0, Fog lights anytime, Seatbelt reminder delete, Secondary air filter delete, LED bed lights, Running boards, 2017 Rims, Devil Horns by Andres, Ultra gauge, Cup holder/consol/glove compartment lights, Interior LED conversion, Blue Sea aux. fuse panel, fuse panel mounting plate by Yotamac, ProEFX heated towing mirrors, LED engine bay lights, Redline Quicklift Elite hood struts, Wet Okole Heated Seat Covers, Pop and Lock tailgate theft deterrent mod 2.0, Plasti-dip rear bumper. Decal free visors, Washable cabin air filter, Overhead consol auto dimming override switch, BulletProof Fabricating Skid plate, 2lo module.
    When I checked with my dealer (about 2 years ago). The flash was sold seperatly and it was $400 on top of the uninstalled $4000 S/C price tag :eek:

See above.

IMO the S/C is not worth the price and not a smart purchase for the average person using their truck to get groceries and go to work.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  8. Nov 21, 2014 at 8:04 AM
    ThomasMore66

ThomasMore66 We can't stop here, this is bat country!

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth & Durango
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2013 TRD Offroad 4wd
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, BFG KO2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console, AFE CAI, Coupe fuse box cover, battery hold-down bracket and CAI air-box cover, Wurton pod led's installed as bed lights on Lowbrow Customs motorcycle fork brake line aluminum brackets, Pop-n-Lock PL5400, Extang Solidfold 2.0, Rechelon Retro's, Moromoto LED fogs, URD Y-pipe, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Speedhut AFR and Boost gauges, Cravenspeed gauge holder, CMC by Tandem Automotive, 70mm throttle body, CSF radiator, Doug Thorley shorties, Vibrant 7101 cats, SOS Offroad front and rear bumpers, Smoothflow 2.5” SC pulley, Steeda SC belt tensioner, roostfactor belt wrap kit, switch Pro 9100 in custom Tandem Automotive holder, WAT trans valvebody, FIC 650cc injectors, HP Tuner.
    But you drive a Solstice.

9. Nov 21, 2014 at 8:18 AM
    jethro

jethro Master Baiter

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    BORING....

I guess my snowmobile and motorcycle and my boat are not smart purchases either? It's either pay all that money for toys or pay all that money to a shrink. You ever notice that there are not many motorcycles parked outside a Psychiatrists office? Open up that wallet and enjoy life my friend! You never know when it's all going to go FUBAR.

10. Nov 21, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    TheNatural

TheNatural Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Nelson, BC
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCLB
    Lots of bolt on chrome stuff
    Agreed! Plus, the more "smart purchases" and investments you make, the more your future ex-wives are going to take you for!

11. Nov 21, 2014 at 9:39 AM
    Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Prepare To Attack

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '24 GX550 Overtrail+
    I was going to reply but you guys pretty much summon it up :thumbsup: Enjoy life for once :thumbsup: I know I plan to since I'm not getting younger anytime soon.

12. Nov 21, 2014 at 9:57 AM
    robssol

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Frame 2.0, Fog lights anytime, Seatbelt reminder delete, Secondary air filter delete, LED bed lights, Running boards, 2017 Rims, Devil Horns by Andres, Ultra gauge, Cup holder/consol/glove compartment lights, Interior LED conversion, Blue Sea aux. fuse panel, fuse panel mounting plate by Yotamac, ProEFX heated towing mirrors, LED engine bay lights, Redline Quicklift Elite hood struts, Wet Okole Heated Seat Covers, Pop and Lock tailgate theft deterrent mod 2.0, Plasti-dip rear bumper. Decal free visors, Washable cabin air filter, Overhead consol auto dimming override switch, BulletProof Fabricating Skid plate, 2lo module.
    Yes I do! 300hp! I do not get groceries, and it only sees the parking lot at work maybe twice a year. And it didn't cost anywhere near $40000. And it is payed for!:thumbsup:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  13. Nov 21, 2014 at 10:24 AM
    Thegenerik1

Thegenerik1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    18 DCLB OR
    Solstice is an old lady car.

14. Nov 21, 2014 at 10:51 AM
    robssol

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    The GXP is the turbo charged and intercooled option. GMPP tune, and some other goodies, bumps it up to 300hp! Corners like its on rails. Seven speaker sound system. Permagrin every time I get behind the wheel! The sig pic is from last summer on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
    So to sum it up. Her car gets the groceries. The Taco does the heavy lifting and hauls my butt to work. Solstice is for fun! And my retirement is funded:D

15. Nov 21, 2014 at 10:54 AM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, BFG KO2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console, AFE CAI, Coupe fuse box cover, battery hold-down bracket and CAI air-box cover, Wurton pod led's installed as bed lights on Lowbrow Customs motorcycle fork brake line aluminum brackets, Pop-n-Lock PL5400, Extang Solidfold 2.0, Rechelon Retro's, Moromoto LED fogs, URD Y-pipe, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Speedhut AFR and Boost gauges, Cravenspeed gauge holder, CMC by Tandem Automotive, 70mm throttle body, CSF radiator, Doug Thorley shorties, Vibrant 7101 cats, SOS Offroad front and rear bumpers, Smoothflow 2.5” SC pulley, Steeda SC belt tensioner, roostfactor belt wrap kit, switch Pro 9100 in custom Tandem Automotive holder, WAT trans valvebody, FIC 650cc injectors, HP Tuner.
    But you drive a Solstice...

If it had been a GTR...

16. Nov 21, 2014 at 10:58 AM
    robssol

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Yep!

17. Nov 21, 2014 at 11:00 AM
    robssol

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    I still don't think $7000+ is a good price for a Supercharger!

18. Nov 21, 2014 at 11:01 AM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Just replace your picture with this. Trust me on this. Your street cred will go through the roof. Everyone will love you. Women will throw themselves at you.

nissan-gtr-r35-1.jpg

19. Nov 21, 2014 at 11:07 AM
    robssol

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    My dealer quoted $4400 and I install it. How did you get it reflashed?

20. Nov 21, 2014 at 11:12 AM
    robssol

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    I got a wife, don't need a ex wife. So the women throwing themselves at me wouldn't turn out good lol

Products Discussed in

To Top