1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone Running Wheeler's 5-Pack w/ 5100s?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by js312, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Dec 1, 2014 at 11:03 AM
    js312

js312 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New England
    Vehicle:
    23 F150 PowerBoost Lariat 502a
    Husky Weatherbeaters, OEM Mud Guards, Wheel Well Liners, Bullet Spray-In Bed Liner, Gator Soft Tri-Fold Cover, Hankook DynaPro AT2 (Summer), Blizzak DM-V2 (Winter)
    I think this is what I'm going to do in the spring. The Dakars sound like they're more lift than I'm looking for even if I remove a leaf.

So, I want to do 5100s on all four corners with the Wheeler's 5-pack, possibly with a leaf removed. I'm shooting for around 2" of lift.

Should I run stock coils in the front and set it to 1.75 or 2.5 to level it off with the rear or run some OME coils and set it to 0 or .85? Should I remove a leaf or run with the 5?

I run no load in the back 99% of the time, but want to prevent too much sagging when I do have something back there. I plan on keeping stock tires and wheels (Maybe 265/70R17s for the summer, but nothing bigger), so I don't want it so high that it looks stupid because of that. Right now it's got the stock Bilsteins with the 3-leaf rear springs. Mostly I want better ride, better hauling capability, and a bit of height to make the length of the truck look more proportional with the height.

Can't find many running these springs when I search!

Thanks for any input!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  2. Dec 1, 2014 at 11:12 PM
    Rosscopeeko

Rosscopeeko Well-Known Member

Member:
    BC
    Vehicle:
    08 DC LB 4x4 sport
    I've got them. I replaced my broken leafs with wheelers hd set and I'm running all 5 leafs with 5100 shocks. I also bought ome 884 front springs and plan to run the 5100 front shocks at 0. I've got about 2" of lift in the back. The truck rides good. It is firm off road, but hauling and street manners are great. I'll install my front shocks and springs in the spring. I've got quite a bit of rake right now, but it doesn't bother me.

3. Dec 7, 2014 at 5:40 AM
    js312

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New England
    Vehicle:
    Husky Weatherbeaters, OEM Mud Guards, Wheel Well Liners, Bullet Spray-In Bed Liner, Gator Soft Tri-Fold Cover, Hankook DynaPro AT2 (Summer), Blizzak DM-V2 (Winter)
    Thanks for the input! 2" is about perfect. Just what I was looking for. Sounds like if I run stock coils 2.5 in the front may be good to level it out. Still debating on doing that or going with OME coils.

4. Dec 7, 2014 at 11:14 AM
    js312

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New England
    Vehicle:
    By the way, got any pictures of the truck with the leaf pack in it? I know it's just the back lifted for now--just curious as to what it looks like since I also have a DCLB.

5. Dec 7, 2014 at 11:52 AM
    Rosscopeeko

Member:
    BC
    Vehicle:
    08 DC LB 4x4 sport
    [/ATTACH]I hope the pictures worked. They aren't the best pics because my driveway is crowded with a trailer and I didn't want to move the truck. The truck is also filthy- winter roads. The front suspension is stock for now. As mentioned I bought ome 884 coils and front 5100's. I plan in running them at the 0 lift so I can obtain the best ride. If you run the 5100's at the lift settings, it pre loads the suspension and you get a rougher ride. The wheelers leafs are holding up great. They have never squeeked. They advertise they have the mount for the brake line bracket built in. It's not in the right spot, so I plan on drilling and tapping a new hole in the spring.

6. Dec 7, 2014 at 11:56 AM
    Rosscopeeko

Member:
    BC
    Vehicle:
    08 DC LB 4x4 sport
    Second pic

image.jpg

7. Dec 8, 2014 at 6:17 PM
    js312

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New England
    Vehicle:
    Thanks!
    Looks Great!

I don't have a cap so that may make a difference in height for me. May almost be too high. Might remove a leaf and go with 883 coils and just have Wheelers assemble them...then installing everything will be cake.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  8. Dec 10, 2014 at 6:13 PM
    tacoma guy

tacoma guy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Phoenix Az.
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Prerunner TRD
    Bilstein 5100's on all four corners. Front set @ 0 with OME 883x coils. Alcon leaf springs. Viper Alarm. Wet Okole seat covers. WeatherTech Floor liners front and back. Oem Toyota chrome exhaust tip. ARE Shell. America Outlaw Wheels.
    I have the 5100's set at 0 with the 883x and was thinking of the wheelers and taking out one leaf like they say. I did have wheelers assemble the coils for a easy install. Let us know how it turns out and what your measurement's are. Also post pic's .:)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top