1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Treadwright Nightmare

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Frambukie, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Nov 25, 2014 at 7:00 PM
    roskinc

roskinc Well-Known Member

Member:
    I thought about getting some thread wright tires but in the end Walmart is having a rollback sale on tires Goodyear wrangler authorities that look nice and only little more bucks more than threadwrights so why would I get used instead of getting brand new? Plus deal with shipping and the hassle of it not balancing, at least if I don't like them I can return them easier.

From all the negative reviews I read about this company doesn't anyone pay with a credit card and have their credit card company get thir money back? Whenever I have an issue with a company my credit card company takes care of anything for me, usually get money back within the day.

2. Nov 28, 2014 at 9:20 AM
    lyodbraun

lyodbraun Well-Known Member

Member:
    NW Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 TRD Sport
    Nothing yet
    :confused:
    I know the only way is if they were free, always buy new, the retreads are junk, just drive down the highways and see the caps scattered all over from truck retreads, not something I'd risk or gamble on... Hope the OP gets his money back...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  3. Nov 28, 2014 at 10:03 PM
    paranoid56

paranoid56 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    14 double cab taco
    :rolleyes: 90% of those caps you see arnt from retreads, but from blown underinflated semi tires.

4. Nov 28, 2014 at 10:22 PM
    TACO626

TACO626 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Montclair, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 2.7
    It sucks you are going through so much trouble. Personally, I wouldn't drive on those things even if they were free.

Good luck.

5. Nov 29, 2014 at 6:44 AM
    Mattnatti

Mattnatti TEQ HED

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    12' reg cab 4x4 2.7L auto
    Exactly, not on a Passenger vehicle. Pissing in the wind it is.

:rolleyes: yes, under inflated retread semi tires. It is very common to put retreads on semi drives and trailers. Most of the time the issues arise when they are under inflated. Excessive heat = quick delamination.

http://blog.fcpeuro.com/2014/03/09/this-vibration-could-save-your-life/

6. Dec 2, 2014 at 3:08 AM
    Frambukie

Frambukie [OP] Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    08 Silverado
    So here's the latest after leaving a voicemail on the warranty line everyday last week and one again yesterday I decided to call and press the extension for placing a new order.

Of course this time someone picks up. I told her that I needed to schedule the call tags for fed ex to come get the tires.

She tries to get ahold of the warranty department and says she can't get anyone either. I asked her if they were all off for the holiday all week last week and she said "no they have just been really busy"

So she offers to type them an email for me which I thought was cool of her. She basically sent them an email with my contact info stating that I have been trying to get ahold of them. This woman was actually very helpful and pleasant.

About 3 hours later a different woman calls my cell. She told me that they had my tires and they were just waiting for them to pass inspection before they process my refund...

So I tell her that's impossible because the tires are in the bed of my truck as we speak. So she said she was going to schedule pick up for the tires the following day and she would call me back on my cell to confirm.

Of course she never called me back and in not going to assume she actually did anything so I'm gonna have to call them again today and make sure these tires are getting picked up.

7. Dec 2, 2014 at 4:00 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Is there no way to just tell credit card company that it was unauthorized charge or never received goods or the goods were damaged and the tire company won't refund you and just get your money back from the credit card company? Then let the tire company chase you around trying to get their tires back for a few months while the credit card company chases them around for their money back.

8. Dec 2, 2014 at 9:23 AM
    Hairy Taco

Hairy Taco Jungle of Love

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North of Hell
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    Jesus, what a shit-show. Sorry for the unnecessary stress this is likely causing ya. It is amazing a company like that can survive.

9. Dec 10, 2014 at 10:04 AM
    Frambukie

Frambukie [OP] Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    08 Silverado

Finally picked them up on 12/02 I tacked them as being delivered on 12/08 no refund posted test so I'll check in with them Monday I can just hear them saying I did something wrong.

I learned my lesson either way. I got the BFG tako2 and they balanced with almost no weight. Took the truck out on some trails last week.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418234636.639873.jpg

10. Dec 10, 2014 at 10:57 AM
    knuckleduster271

knuckleduster271 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Baron Longrod Von Hug€nschlong
    ohio
    Vehicle:
    98 sr5 xtra cab
    881's, 5100's, soft 8's, elocker, matrix seats, smittybilt xrc8.
    I personally never understood why people buy treadwrights.
    I looked at a set of their 31's and the price was more expensive than a new tire.. I ended up finding Dunlop radial mud rovers for $125 a tire free shipping on eBay vs the treadwrights were $120 plus $25 a tire to ship??
    Why would anyone buy a set of retreads at that price? Somebody fill me in because it totally baffles me :confused:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  11. Dec 10, 2014 at 11:35 AM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
    Intake, exhaust, lift. Typical stuff.
    I got five 285/75/16 Guard Dogs for ~$700 shipped; hundreds less than 4 new comparative M/T tires. I got a lot of miles on them, very good wear, good offroad, kind of sucky in rain and on ice, but overall a solid tire :notsure:

I've never had to deal with customer service so can't comment, sorry you're getting the shaft OP.

I know if I ever get 35's, Im getting GD's for $189 a tire (ships free in US) :thumbsup: Try to find a similarly aggressive tread tire for that price :p

~%90 of semi tires are retreads, fyi ;)

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  12. Dec 19, 2014 at 7:38 AM
    Frambukie

Frambukie [OP] Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    08 Silverado
    Ok well sorry to keep dragging this thread out but it looks like we have finally come to a resolve lol.

I got the refund on my card today 12/19.

It took me about a week of leaving voicemails in their warranty line until I finally had someone from the new orders department write them and email for me.

If nothing else, this was a good learning experience to not buy tires over the Internet and not to buy retreads lol.

the new BFG AT2s are pretty awesome, almost no wieght to balance, good offroad traction, and they are dead silent on paved roads.

I apreciate everyone's comments and input on this thread. Hope yall have a great Christmas and New Years!

13. Dec 19, 2014 at 7:48 AM
    Gearheadesw

Gearheadesw must modify

Member:
    Davenport Fl
    Vehicle:
    1 truck 1 car 1 motorcycle
    A retread is a used tire. I bought used tires once, once. Never again.

Products Discussed in

To Top