1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Discussion in 'New Members' started by foosefan23, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Dec 14, 2014 at 12:19 PM
    foosefan23

foosefan23 [OP] 2wdyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    12 tacoma rwd 17.5 brown
    wheels, plasti-dipped decals, plasti-dipped Tractor-Supply toolbox, Kelly-Charger tires, Toyota Bug deflector, AVS window weathering deflectors
    Hey Tacoma World,

So I have never seriously used a forum like this, but I have a TON of things I would love to do my truck. I have made it available for other members to contact me by e-mail. I do not quite know how safe it is yet to put my phone number yet. I haven't really updated my profile any yet either. I am not quite sure how to post pictures of my truck on this website, so I guess that would be the first step so that everybody can see what my truck looks like, so if anybody would be available to show me how to do that, that would be great because I am horrible with technology, and I have never registered for a forum before, but I really need some help when it will come time to really start working on the truck. It is a 2012 Tacoma rwd regular cab and bed. I have had some minor things done to it. I have listed them on my profile if you want to take a look at some of those things. My goal one day is to get this truck pretty nice. I am a pretty busy guy, I work at a fire department, and I am also going to college, so time is not usually my friend a lot, but I feel like I simply just need to make time for this truck, because working on vehicles is a major hobby of mine, and I want people to see what I can do with a truck even as simple as this one. I need some ideas on a lot of different modifications that I want to do with this truck, because I have no idea where to start I have so many. So the moral of this first thread is that I'd love to hear your all's ideas (especially if you have a base-model 2wd truck like I do), and also what is the best routes to take financially as well too of course. Fill free to contact me by e-mail which is caldwellb@goldmail.etsu.edu. I'd love to share with people what my future plans are. Thank you all and I hope to hear from people soon.

2. Dec 14, 2014 at 12:21 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome!

3. Dec 14, 2014 at 12:27 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    Welcome. Now hand over your wallet. [​IMG]

4. Dec 15, 2014 at 9:49 AM
    foosefan23

foosefan23 [OP] 2wdyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    12 tacoma rwd 17.5 brown
    wheels, plasti-dipped decals, plasti-dipped Tractor-Supply toolbox, Kelly-Charger tires, Toyota Bug deflector, AVS window weathering deflectors
    Thank y'all for the replies. It is good to know I have some quick responders. My next task to do is get pictures of my truck up on here so you all can see what it looks like and maybe shoot me some ideas. You all have some really nice trucks so that's a pretty good sign that you all know what you're doing with your trucks and know how to make them look nice. As you know I'm a busy guy, but I at least want to try to make a new thread or post every other day if not every day. I will be posting stuff on all of the different forums whenever I come up with a new modification that I want to make on the truck or repair job. I already know what I am going to do first on this truck, which is to simply pressure wash everything underneath the truck, grease up any bolts that need it, as well as wirebrushing away any big noticeable rusty areas. It's a 2012 year model, so hopefully there won't be that much. So far I am settling on a petroleum-based undercoating spray called Ziebart. It's cold outside right now, so I will probably hold the project off until the springtime. Me and my uncle are hoping to get together around that time to both of our trucks, because he mentioned to me that his Silverado might need it as well. I learned about this spray on this forum, google took me right to a link to some guy's post from Maine. He sprayed this product on his '13 year model and it looks great, and apparently works real well. If any of you all have something else better in mind, I would love to hear, because I'd say there is a better idea out there somewhere. Again, thanks for the replies. Please keep me in the loop of what all is going on on this forum by e-mail or you can send me a message. I could use some lessons on how to work my way around this forum, because like I said, I am terrible with technology. Thanks.

5. Dec 15, 2014 at 9:51 AM
    cabo wabo

cabo wabo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    billy
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    2019 dbc short bed trd sport
    Welcome to TW!!

6. Dec 15, 2014 at 10:36 AM
    AndyTaco

AndyTaco ACLBFTMW

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Waco, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 ACLB V6
    "Raptor Style" grill mod, aftermarket wheels, 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Authorities, TRD Shoulder pads on seat belts, no mud flaps, AVS Hoodflector bug shield *removed*, Dee Zee Ultrablack Bull Bar w/ license plate mount, dipped my fuel door for no reason, N-Fab Spare tire mount w/ full size matching spare, dipped eyelids onto my headlights for no reason, dipped my hood for no reason
    Welcome to the forum!

Products Discussed in

To Top