1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New truck-DC 4x4 TRD/OR-6 speed manual-Suggestions welcome

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Robert B, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Dec 12, 2014 at 11:51 AM
    Robert B

Robert B [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC TRD/OR 6 Spd Manual
    I've been lurking on this board, researching the truck, trying to decide what to get. I have finally pulled the trigger and purchased a 2015 DC V6 with a 6 speed manual ;) 4x4 TRD Off Road. I love the 6 speed manual.

I previously built a 2012 4Runner Trail with an ICON Stage 5, 285 70R17 tires, etc. I have to say that deciding how to build my Taco is tougher given all of the legitimate choices, such as:

Cap vs Pack Rack and Truck Vault -- leaning toward a Pack Rack to preserve the flexibility of an open bed;
    ICON vs King -- leaning toward King, which I previously had on an F150;
    What brand of upper A arms -- ICON billet aluminum looked great on my 4Runner;
    AAL vs leaf pack -- No idea yet;
    265 75R15 vs. 285 70R15 -- leaning 265 because narrower tires generally perform better;
    Are aftermarket bumpers worth the weight penalty;
    What brand of sliders;
    When to pull the trigger on an SC.

Suggestions are welcome.

Finally, can someone tell me the point of the Entune Audio Plus? Traffic, but no navigation? I would love to have an integrated Nav and entertainment unit (like my old 4Runner) to cut down on the clutter a separate GPS brings, but I do not want to give up features like steering wheel controls and back up camera. Toyota could have easily included Navigation at the same price.

2. Dec 12, 2014 at 11:55 AM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    Welcome to T.W. can't help with the en tune thing.

3. Dec 12, 2014 at 11:55 AM
    deeezy

deeezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dana
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 DC, 6 spd, TRD Sport
    King ext travel coilovers, Icon tubular UCA's Rear-King "Tundra" 2.5's, Allpro Expos, TRD cat-back, Hurst/Core short shift kit, etc...
    You can get an aluminum bumper nowadays.

4. Dec 12, 2014 at 11:59 AM
    Robert B

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Thanks. Great looking truck. I am considering an aluminum bumper for the weight savings, but there are compromises there too.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  5. Dec 15, 2014 at 11:54 AM
    PeterT

PeterT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Plymouth, NH
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD O/R Super White!
    AP APEX aluminum bumper, AP APEX Sliders w/fill plates, Full AP skids, OME 886/ Nitros dakar leaf pack, 33" BFG muds, Relentless 50" curved Light bar, PIAA fog lights, Fog lights anytime, tailgate lock, LEDs inside, tech deck, URD Spec U exhaust
    Congrats on the truck!
    I am about to (this week) pick up a white 2015 DC V6 TRD O/R as well!

I have been searching for a lot of the same answers, so I am excited to see some posts!

Frame sliders- All pro heavy duty with filler plates look awesome (IMO). the kick out is a little more. SOS also looks nice, has fillers and cost a little less.

Add the SC asap!

I'm thinking a few weeks after I get my truck I will go back and get it (TRD SC). I will add URD full exhaust, if the URD LT headers fit the 2015? I need to call and ask. otherwise I will have to look at alternatives.

URD LT headers
    "Not compatible with:

• Total Chaos part number 59651 WELD-ON UPPER COIL BUCKET TOWER GUSSETS
    • Will not fit the Tundra with the 4.0L V6 due to the different collector flange design
    • Will not fit trucks with air injection (2012+ Tacoma V6, 2013+ 4Runner, FJ Cruiser)"
    [​IMG] Remove Product(s) Qty. Price Per. Total [​IMG] URD Stainless 3" Mark3 Exhaust 2013+ Tacoma V6 $529.00 $529.00 [​IMG] URD Competition Y-Pipe for 4WD Tacoma V6 2005+
    - Include Gaskets : Yes +$9.99 $455.98 $455.98 [​IMG] THY-517-LS-C, Long Tube Header, 2012+ Tacoma V6 ONLY
    - Include Gaskets : Yes +$11.00
    - Add Dual Rear O2 Simulator : Yes +$100.00 $695.00 $695.00 [​IMG] Total: $1,679.98

6. Dec 15, 2014 at 12:01 PM
    PeterT

PeterT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Plymouth, NH
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD O/R Super White!
    AP APEX aluminum bumper, AP APEX Sliders w/fill plates, Full AP skids, OME 886/ Nitros dakar leaf pack, 33" BFG muds, Relentless 50" curved Light bar, PIAA fog lights, Fog lights anytime, tailgate lock, LEDs inside, tech deck, URD Spec U exhaust
    Also, what did you pay for your truck? Here in NH the MSRP is right around $33,500 and I have a couple offers of just over 30k. I paid for the consumer reports and it says most people pay around 32k average, some lower some higher. When I bought my 09 AC 4x2 it seemed there was more room for negotiation.

7. Dec 17, 2014 at 11:41 AM
    Robert B

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Thank you for the tips, PeterT. I paid around 32k. I found that there's not much in the way of discounting for the Tacoma in San Diego in general and even less discounting for a manual transmission 4x4, which is fairly rare.

Products Discussed in

To Top