1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Well this blows... Airbags.

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by wfochris, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Dec 20, 2014 at 9:51 AM
    wfochris

wfochris [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thanks for the recent feedback on my "stock steelies + lift" thread- but unfortunately it looks like I won't get to go that route. I was t-boned Monday at around 50mph, and 3 out of 4 sides of the truck saw pavement. The plus side is that my taco saved my life! I walked away.

All of the rumors about the single cab being phased out are true. I logged on to look at ordering a replacement truck, and the single cabs are gone :(

A copy/paste from another site description of the wreck:

I'm headed down Pulaski (like the black truck in the street view, next to the dump truck.) Red light runner is coming up the hill, and hits me just past where I sit to the rear of the truck. My vehicle rolls at some point, and the street light pole leaves a nice little dent on my hood; I imagine the engine/frame contained it to the depth you see. I ended up off the passenger side of the truck, back on 4 wheels, and roll over to the driver side where I skid to a stop. I was by the intersection the other day, and no skid marks exist. Dude never hit the brakes.

Truck.jpg

2. Dec 20, 2014 at 9:53 AM
    saundern

saundern Swerve for nothing

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Simpsonville, SC
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport
    Holy hell, glad you're ok!
    Did you end up with any injuries?
    Was the other guy drunk, not paying attention, etc?

3. Dec 20, 2014 at 9:56 AM
    Mully

Mully Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    CA
    Vehicle:
    12 DC 4x4 Lifted Sport
    Lifted, Kings, Locked, 295s and more.
    Wow, be glad your still alive, hood damage is crazy!
    Glad your not hurt.
    Take care.

4. Dec 20, 2014 at 10:04 AM
    wfochris

Member:
    It was early in the morning (just before 4 am.) Didn't smell alcohol on the guy. No clue why he ran it, it had been red for a while.

No immediate traumatic injuries- I have a huge bruise on my side, presumably from my door/door handle. I'm sore on my upper left side understandably as well. But, I was able to climb out of the top of the truck through the passenger door, so it did its job protecting me.

5. Dec 20, 2014 at 10:12 AM
    taco terror

taco terror 1st gen = best gen

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    1996 Black Tacoma, 3.4L
    4.56 ECGS regear, Wheelers 6 leaf pack, Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100s, AR Baja wheels, 33 BFG ATs, Line-x
    Damn glad you're ok, that damage is crazy. You are gonna feel that for a while.

6. Dec 20, 2014 at 11:03 AM
    robssol

robssol If it ain't broke, leave it the eff alone!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma, TRD Sport, SR5, 4X4, AC
    Frame 2.0, Fog lights anytime, Seatbelt reminder delete, Secondary air filter delete, LED bed lights, Running boards, 2017 Rims, Devil Horns by Andres, Ultra gauge, Cup holder/consol/glove compartment lights, Interior LED conversion, Blue Sea aux. fuse panel, fuse panel mounting plate by Yotamac, ProEFX heated towing mirrors, LED engine bay lights, Redline Quicklift Elite hood struts, Wet Okole Heated Seat Covers, Pop and Lock tailgate theft deterrent mod 2.0, Plasti-dip rear bumper. Decal free visors, Washable cabin air filter, Overhead consol auto dimming override switch, BulletProof Fabricating Skid plate, 2lo module.
    Glad you're OK. Hope you can find a gently used single cab. The damage is crazy.

7. Dec 20, 2014 at 7:28 PM
    lloyd

lloyd Active Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    15 Tacoma Access 2.7
    HID headlights, LED interior lights, Hella and stock HID foglights, Hella HID driving lights, backup camera, Wiper mod, cruise control mod, higher rate springs , X- runner Rear rollbar and x-brace, K&N air filter, Amsoil in trans and diff, EBC yellow stuff pads pads, stainless brake lines, 18x8 40mm wheels with 235 55r 18 tires, oil cooler with remote big oil filter
    Glad you came out ok so far. I had a lady run a stop light and t-bone me in the passenger side at about 60 mph. I slid under the shoulder harness and hit my head on the passenger side. The impact knocked me in front of another car that hit me on the drivers side, so I flew and hit the other side. I thought I was OK, but 2 days later I did not know who are where I was from brain injury. Be sure and watch for problems.

8. Dec 20, 2014 at 8:44 PM
    wfochris

Member:
    Thanks all. Right now I'm leaning towards a red access cab, with the black fender overlays of course. I've been looking for good examples to get me motivated.

Products Discussed in

To Top