1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What Have You Done To Your 2nd Gen Tacoma Today?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kwalton, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Dec 21, 2014 at 5:20 PM
    NorthwestCruiser

NorthwestCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Snohomish, WA
    Vehicle:
    1996 Land Cruiser
    Custom 3 link, 40's etc..
    hmm wonder if its close to icons.. How many inches of lift did you get out of them?

2. Dec 21, 2014 at 5:32 PM
    xtyfighterx

xtyfighterx Master Shredder

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    CDA Idaho/ Deadhorse Ak
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SW TRD OR/ 2015 tundra CM off road sr5
    3in lift, 5100s front and rear, OME 887 springs 2in aal, 285 75 16 Duratracs, mb 352 black wheels, white sport grill, derp'd lower valance, derp'd front toyota emblem white, tinted windows, tinted tail lights, trd shorty antenna, trd hitch cover, trd valve stem caps, trd neoprene covers, trd all weather floor mats, kenwood double din, stampede window visors, flyzeye interior leds, anytime fog light mod, flashlight mod, kool vue intake, LED dome light, Lund bug shield, TRD shift knob,front mud flaps removed, Debadged, truxedo roll up bed cover, led fog light bulbs, led parking light bulbs, led dtrls bulbs, led headlight bulbs, led back up light bulbs, led license plate bulbs, tinted license plate covers, 18" magnaflow muffler, 32in ebay, light bar, coverking neoprene resr seat cover, oem trd skid plate, trd decal on center caps, oem trd exhaust tip, blacked out pinch welds, color matched mirror covers.
    I haven't measured yet but I'd say 3 to 3 1/4 I'll take some hub to fender measurments tomorrow. I went this route because I didn't want to add a top plate spacers and preload the spring in anyway I'm happy I did and the ride is great.

3. Dec 21, 2014 at 5:43 PM
    ERMB

ERMB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 Land Cruiser
    Saw in the pic that you used your stock UCA, and it aligned well, do you think aftermarket are worth it with this setup?

4. Dec 21, 2014 at 5:48 PM
    xtyfighterx

xtyfighterx Master Shredder

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    CDA Idaho/ Deadhorse Ak
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SW TRD OR/ 2015 tundra CM off road sr5
    3in lift, 5100s front and rear, OME 887 springs 2in aal, 285 75 16 Duratracs, mb 352 black wheels, white sport grill, derp'd lower valance, derp'd front toyota emblem white, tinted windows, tinted tail lights, trd shorty antenna, trd hitch cover, trd valve stem caps, trd neoprene covers, trd all weather floor mats, kenwood double din, stampede window visors, flyzeye interior leds, anytime fog light mod, flashlight mod, kool vue intake, LED dome light, Lund bug shield, TRD shift knob,front mud flaps removed, Debadged, truxedo roll up bed cover, led fog light bulbs, led parking light bulbs, led dtrls bulbs, led headlight bulbs, led back up light bulbs, led license plate bulbs, tinted license plate covers, 18" magnaflow muffler, 32in ebay, light bar, coverking neoprene resr seat cover, oem trd skid plate, trd decal on center caps, oem trd exhaust tip, blacked out pinch welds, color matched mirror covers.
    I'm gonna leave it with stock ucas until I round up some extra cash. But honestly I think to get the most out of the suspension new ucas would be worth it. since I don't off road much or drive my truck a ton maybe 8k miles a year I'm gonna hold off since my alignment was pretty good. If the caster was worse and my camber was worse I would of bought some but all in all in think it just depends what you plan to do with your truck.

5. Dec 21, 2014 at 6:46 PM
    Jon850FL

Jon850FL is Lurkin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    DFS, FL
    Definitely gonna be cool & unique. I like it a lot!

6. Dec 21, 2014 at 6:54 PM
    TXCotton

TXCotton '13 Nautical Blue TRD Off Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Cotton
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    '13 Nautical Blue TRD Off Road
    Center Console Switches in OEM location
    I ordered these from aironboard.com. They fit perfectly in the OEM locations (where the heated seat switches normal go).

I used the passenger side heated seat harness that was present to pull +12V, GND, and Illumination +12V (when headlights are on). I shared that between both switches and ran each output to 2 Relays in my Power Distribution Center under the hood.

Unfortunately I left some pry marks when removing the filler blanks :mad:

[​IMG]

Under Hood LEDs w/ Hood Pin
    I installed most of a 16.4ft strip of LEDs (link) and wired them up to turn on automatically via a hood pin (link) that I installed just to the left of the Drivers Side headlight.

Went from no light at all, to tons of light! It spills out from the hood area too and might even be enough to change the front tires in a pinch.

Also, I didn't realize I ordered a 5-pack of hood pins, so if you are in the Austin, TX area and want one for free, just let me know, I've got 4 extras!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Dec 21, 2014 at 7:05 PM
    upthemaiden

upthemaiden Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Pittsburgh PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab SR5
    Just bought it!
    I traded it in for a 2014 tundra double cab . It's been a great truck but my daughter outgrew the access cab, and who doesn't want an excuse for a bigger truck?? It's amazing so far.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Dec 21, 2014 at 7:16 PM
    neverstuck

neverstuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    Nice Tundra. I was between a DCLB tacoma and a double cab tundra. Hope your MPG's don't shit the bed too badly.

9. Dec 21, 2014 at 7:24 PM
    floodedkiwi

floodedkiwi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Naw'lins, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2019 GMC AT4
    Dog.
    Let me 14yo daughter reverse my truck up the driveway between the house and the fence... 20 minutes later, the truck made it to the garage....
    not to bad for her first attempt without any input from anyone.:cheers:

10. Dec 21, 2014 at 7:38 PM
    Sandman614

Sandman614 Ex-Snarky TWSS elf, Travis #hotsavannahdotcom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    ARB Front Bumper, Projector Headlights w/Slimcubby 4300K HID's, Oznium LED's, LED taillights, DIY Washable Cabin Moose Filter, Sockmonkey SR5 Off Road, Aux Audio plug, OME 886x, OME Nitrochargers, Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive AAL, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Dodge D-Rings
    I'm digging this!

11. Dec 21, 2014 at 8:02 PM
    upthemaiden

upthemaiden Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Pittsburgh PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab SR5
    Just bought it!
    Thanks! I looked at a double cab tacoma as well, but still felt like the seats were a little small. The extra width will help too because I wanted to make sure there was room for baby seats in the future.

My average MPGs have sat right at 15.3mpg since I left the dealership yesterday with a mix of driving a little fast on the highway and some time in the city, and riding around the suburbs today. My tacoma has been averaging 17mpg lately, but used to get 15mpg average when I worked at my last office, and at points before that when I lived in the city, the Taco was down to about 13.5mpg, so I'm not sweating the mileage too much.

12. Dec 21, 2014 at 8:17 PM
    Jon850FL

Jon850FL is Lurkin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    DFS, FL
    You can leave now. Bye.

13. Dec 21, 2014 at 8:17 PM
    TheFang

TheFang No Big Deal

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, URD Short Shift, TRD Supercharger, Hellwig rear sway bar, TWM shift knob, limo tint, URD Y-pipe, URD LT Headers, URD Rear O2 Sim, Custom tube front and rear bumpers, LED spot pods, K&N CAI
    I broke my drivers side mirror. So sad. Crushed it while parking, but have a new one in the mail already.

14. Dec 21, 2014 at 8:23 PM
    chosenfew22

chosenfew22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    War Pig
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off Road
    WeatherTech Floor Mats, Avid Rock Sliders, ICON Extended Travel Remote Reservoir Coil-over Shock Kit with CDCV, 1.5" Lift Rear Add a Leaf Kit, ICON 2.5 OMEGA Series Bypass Rear Remote Reservoir Shocks, Tacoma Bed Mat, RockyBike Mount, Cargo Net, Shorty Antenna, 17" XD Revolvers, BFG AT 285/70/17, Hilift Jack, 20 & 5% Tint, Blacked out badges, Derped Rear Bumper and Grill
    It's great. The difference is night and day! I love it.

15. Dec 21, 2014 at 8:40 PM
    ERMB

ERMB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 Land Cruiser
    But the new one has a blinker and heated mirror;)

16. Dec 21, 2014 at 8:44 PM
    squint0241

squint0241 OVRLND

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Tropics
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB/Off-Road 4X4
    Bone Stock
    At least it's a Toyota...:)

:thumbsup:

17. Dec 21, 2014 at 9:26 PM
    Nightstr

Nightstr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Felipe
    Sacramento CA
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner sr5
    BLHM BLWM 3" TOUGH COUNTRY LIFT TRD SEAT COVERS THULE RACK M/T KM2 265/65/16
    Not today but finished my front end conversion from an 05 to a 14.

[​IMG]

18. Dec 22, 2014 at 1:22 AM
    jasclair

jasclair Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Bend oregon
    Current: BHLM, plasti dip badges/bumper, Satoshi homer taco style grille, custom TRD, pack rack Marshall fab, window tint,interior paint job, ome lift,wheels spacer, white light interior, retrofit headlights.
    Seems like everyone is converting their front ends. How expensive is it?

19. Dec 22, 2014 at 1:44 AM
    InTheRough

InTheRough Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kolt
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Vehicle:
    '20 Tundra Platinum
    Rock Warrior wheels
    Thanks guys.

I made a little progress on it today and yesterday. I built the passenger side and it turned out way better. I filled in/smoothed out a few of the imperfections and may even be done with that side before the driver side. I still have a few issues with the driver side. That tends to happen when you try something new.

I am hoping to have major progress tomorrow. Finish the passenger side maybe? Definitely picking up the hardware and maybe the supplies to fix the driver side issues. I am just debating on whether I should scrap the driver side and redo the whole piece or just waste more money trying to fix it. That is why I pushed it to the way side for now.

20. Dec 22, 2014 at 5:27 AM
    Nightstr

Nightstr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Felipe
    Sacramento CA
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner sr5
    BLHM BLWM 3" TOUGH COUNTRY LIFT TRD SEAT COVERS THULE RACK M/T KM2 265/65/16
    I did mine for about $1500. The bumper was the most expensive and It would have been less but I bought fenders that had to be mounted and painted. I should have just gone with a tube bumper with the price I paid for the oem bumper.

Products Discussed in

To Top