1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New owner in Georgia

Discussion in 'New Members' started by carson712, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Dec 25, 2014 at 11:29 AM
    carson712

carson712 [OP] Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    99 4runner Limited
    Hello all, merry christmas!

I purchased a 99 extended cab 4x4 with the 3.4 and 5 speed, on the 23rd. Bought at a Cadillac dealer in Charleston SC and drove 5 hours back to Atl. I'm not really a new member, joined long ago when I was previously on the market and ended up getting a 2wd 4runner. Then got an 85 2wd pickup with a 4 speed (just crossed 240k) for $350 and sold the 4runner. It was my dd for the past year and half or so, and now have gotten this.

The truck is a little ugly and rough, but mechanically pretty sound, and has been my dream vehicle since I was in middle school haha. Also got a really good deal right before they were going to wholesale it. It just needs some love.

Plans for now are to fix a couple quirks, replace the cracked tail light, and then OME 881s in front and wheelers 1.5 leaf pack in rear, along with new tires. A trail gear front bumper should also be in the mix. Right now I do construction/carpentry stuff but am moving to Iowa for Americorps (a national service organization) at the beginning of February, so have about 6 weeks to get all this done. Am selling the 85 along with my FJ40 project to finance.

Thanks all and sorry for the long intro. Am looking forward to owning this truck for the rest of its life and joining the community here. Happy holidays!

IMG_2709.jpg
    IMG_2717.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top