1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alignment Question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by PCHearn, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Jan 8, 2015 at 7:06 PM
    PCHearn

PCHearn [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Moore, OK
    Vehicle:
    11 PreRunner SR5
    Hi. Sorry to post this here, but I posted this in the Alignment Tech / Help Thread about a week ago and got no response. Then I noticed that the post prior to mine was posted over a month before mine and got no response. So I guess that Thread must no longer be working.

Anyway, I have a 2011 Double Cab Tacoma PreRunner and I had a 3” Procomp lift installed right after I bought it 4 years ago, along with 17x9 RBP 93R wheels with a 4.5” backspace, and 305/65/17 Procomp Xtreme AT tires. I currently have about 39,000 miles on the truck.

I have the alignment/adjusted checked every 6-9 months. Below are the results I got back today. The service guy said there is not any more adjusting they can do for the caster. I asked what can be done to get the caster where it should be, and he said there is nothing that can be done and that the caster was not going to cause me any problems. Is that correct? Should I not worry about the caster? Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

[​IMG]

2. Jan 8, 2015 at 7:18 PM
    totmacher

totmacher automotive hypochondriac

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    TN (memphis-ish)
    Vehicle:
    4Runner, Tundra
    Cut & broke off some stuff.
    If it feels stable on the road and tire wear is acceptable, I wouldn't worry about it.

I just got an alignment in November after changing control arm bushing and they set my caster is a 1.4 left & 2.1 right. I think it feels just a tad unstable sometimes, like it pulls or wanders just slightly.

Right after installing my lift, my caster was in the low 2.x for both sides and it rode nicely. Most people say between 2.5 - 3 caster is a sweet spot for 3 inch lifts if I remember correctly.

3. Jan 8, 2015 at 7:21 PM
    deeezy

deeezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dana
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 DC, 6 spd, TRD Sport
    King ext travel coilovers, Icon tubular UCA's Rear-King "Tundra" 2.5's, Allpro Expos, TRD cat-back, Hurst/Core short shift kit, etc...
    The truck will track better in a straight line without wandering with higher caster. Aftermarket UCA's will add caster.

4. Jan 8, 2015 at 8:27 PM
    landphil

landphil Fish are FOOD, not friends!

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    RIP 2006 Tacoma DCSB
    Tundra 5.7 mod
    X2. You do want around 3 degrees caster, and as even as possible between sides.

5. Jan 9, 2015 at 7:05 PM
    PCHearn

PCHearn [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Moore, OK
    Vehicle:
    11 PreRunner SR5
    Thank you SO MUCH for the advice. It feels stable when I'm driving it, and I still have a lot more than half of the tread left with about 35,000+ miles on these tires. I guess I won't worry about it. Again, thanks.

Products Discussed in

To Top