1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mystery Part Needs Identifying in 2014 Double Cab TRD

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Snidd, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Jan 13, 2015 at 5:47 AM
    Snidd

Snidd [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Miami
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma Double Cab 4wd
    Hello all. I have read this forum up and down over the last year, but this is actually my first post.

From the moment I drove my 2014 Tacoma TRD Sport 4wd double cab off the dealer lot it has had a rattle. After having it at the dealer a couple times for them to fix it there has been no solution. I finally identified the source - a 5 or 6 inch metal plate under the carpet (there is a little access flap) under the passenger seat. It is covering up a wires coming up through the floor pan and is held in place with one bolt. Photo is attached!

I would love to identify the name or better yet the part number of this part that has caused me so much needless searching.

Can you help?

IMG_0091.jpg

2. Jan 13, 2015 at 5:56 AM
    Pigpen

Pigpen My truck is never clean

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC Manual 4.0 4x4 Base Model
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Backcountrry MT 3 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 24F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, OME 90021 front shocks with 885 coils, SPC LR UCAs, Up2NoGood 2wd low range mod, 4 Wheel Campers Grandby slide in camper
    Welcome to TW! I don't know what to call it, but at least you found the problem. Open it up and put some silicone sealant where the plate makes contact with the floor of the cab (I think that's what I see in the picture). This should solve your rattle if just tightening the bolt didn't do it already. Enjoy a lifetime of finding and fixing "problems" with (modding) your new purchase!

Edit: You don't work for Trends Auto, do you? ;)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  3. Jan 13, 2015 at 6:16 AM
    Snidd

Snidd [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Miami
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the suggestion 58 Siesta. I was thinking of using some foam tape or something like that but thought it easier to just try replacing it. How expense could it be I thought... I traded in an excellent Ram 1500 for this Tacoma and so far its been somewhat of a let down (few trips to the dealer for A/C and related problems).

If I can fix this rattle then maybe there is hope!

4. Jan 13, 2015 at 6:22 AM
    Lester Lugnut

Lester Lugnut Well-Known Member

Member:
    N of Mex-S of Canada-E of LA-W of NC
    Vehicle:
    '15 Tacoma PreRunner V6 SR5 Auto
    I take it the bolts are snug.

5. Jan 13, 2015 at 6:52 AM
    Snidd

Snidd [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Miami
    Vehicle:
    Yep, the bolt is as snug as it is going to get.

6. Jan 13, 2015 at 8:13 AM
    Snidd

Snidd [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Miami
    Vehicle:
    Wasn't sure if you wanted me to answer?? No...

Products Discussed in

To Top