1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Great news ... Toyota wants to look at my frame

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Breakerboy, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Jan 16, 2015 at 7:05 AM
    Breakerboy

Breakerboy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4X4 STD
    Thank god.. Got word this morning that Toyota cooperation wants to inspect my frame under a limited service campaign. . As some of you may already know I have been fighting tooth and nail with Toyota over the huge tear in my frame and excessive rot .. For the past 3 months I felt that I got no where with them . I made countless calls to them and talked to what I was told the highest tier representives and was always told there is nothing they can do for me and they are sorry.. I all but lost hope.. Since this morning news I have a glimmer of hope again after reading email I quickly called my local dealership and have a appointment at 2:30 this evening. . I asked how long it would take to order a frame and was told 3 to 4 months . And approximately a week to install. . But he also told me that it's highly unlikely I need a frame 95% of the 06 Tacomas they see only need a rust prevention spray so I should rest easy.. I said great I see you this evening! !

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  2. Jan 16, 2015 at 7:10 AM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Here for the Taco Pron

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    South Central Pee A
    Vehicle:
    2005 PIMP MOBILE
    Yes
    I'd like to hear them say that after they see your frame! :laugh:

3. Jan 16, 2015 at 7:16 AM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Here for the Taco Pron

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    South Central Pee A
    Vehicle:
    2005 PIMP MOBILE
    Yes
    Rest easy. It'll be fine. We'll just spray this on andddd. Done. :D

[​IMG]

4. Jan 16, 2015 at 7:19 AM
    Breakerboy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4X4 STD
    Lol .. Yeah not a spray known to man going to repair that.. I was just surprised that he said 95% of the 06 Tacomas did not require frame replacement.. Yeah well I'm just happy that it's going to be looked at .. I will keep u guys updated after I get back ..

5. Jan 16, 2015 at 7:22 AM
    kpla51

kpla51 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Campbell
    maybe spray foam will do the trick! A little bondo and some shiny new paint.

6. Jan 16, 2015 at 7:57 AM
    Breakerboy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4X4 STD
    Scottalot
    click on the camera icon under my avatar I have phots there.. I don't know how to post them.. The photo Dennis posted is of my frame ... I have a freezer zip loc bag full of rotten frame scale that is over 1/4 " thick size of potato chips that falls off my frame if I tap at it with a hammer.. I actually opened a hole the size of a 1/2 dollar under pasendeside door while I was using a pneumatic needle gun on frame to remove scale before I used rust oleum on it to try and prevent any more damage.. when that happened I quit ..

7. Jan 16, 2015 at 8:06 AM
    Tommiet

Tommiet Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Charlotte Area
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    Wonder if anyone has tried a lawsuit against the state for putting salt on the roads?

Dumber things have went to court.....

8. Jan 16, 2015 at 8:11 AM
    Breakerboy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4X4 STD
    I would assume so but until I get paperwork to confirm that.. It's insane my wife and I own a 05 Rav4 and it's got 254K on the clock owned since new and it's 90% rust free underneath.. They have a serious problem with the truck frames .. I know I live in the salt belt of Pa but I owned many trucks Ford Chevy and never had a frame rot any where close to my Taco.. much older also .. This is a 06 for Pete sake.. the body is flawless for now..

9. Jan 16, 2015 at 8:13 AM
    choppersx

choppersx ZoMbiE aLeRt

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1968 Ford Mustang
    Lifted Bilstein shocks 5100's Front set 1.75, Rear set 1.5 ICON 3 Leaf Progressive add on / Lights-Retrofit with Halos & interior Dome / Tinted windows/AFE PRo Dry Air Filter / Go Rhino Bars / Flowmaster Exhaust 50 series
    Then im fucked i live next to the beach. :eek:

I check my frame every other oil change.:cool:

Good luck OP hope you get a new one it looks very bad.

10. Jan 16, 2015 at 8:44 AM
    Breakerboy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4X4 STD
    If in fact Toyota does replace my frame I'm going to clean the hell out of it as often as I can .. I got my fingers crossed..

11. Jan 16, 2015 at 9:04 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    It's probably true that the majority of frames pass their inspection but yours will not be one of them

12. Jan 16, 2015 at 9:52 AM
    Breakerboy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4X4 STD
    Dumb question here but.... Who do u think I paying the bill to replace theese frames?? I just looked at previous posts on topic 15K !!! Toyota can't be taking that hit alone if at all .. They must have won a lawsuit against the frame manufacturers I think Dana Corp made or makes frames for them .. I'm sure others .. But design flaw on Toyota part bad steel on manufacturer end?? Who knows

13. Jan 16, 2015 at 10:58 AM
    wsi261

wsi261 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Toms river nj
    Vehicle:
    2006 pre runner sr5
    Just picked up one at a dealer with a new frame

image.jpg

14. Jan 16, 2015 at 11:03 AM
    B737

B737 Throbbing Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Double Cab Limited
    stock
    Holy ****!!!

15. Jan 16, 2015 at 11:33 AM
    LiquidDragon

LiquidDragon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Williamsburg, Va but now in the Philippines
    Vehicle:
    2021 Toyota Hilux Conquest 4x2
    none yet

Its obviously a frame issue and not an issue of where the truck was used. The picture clearly shows that the lower cab metal was treated and didn't rust but the frame clearly has excessive rust compared to the rest of the truck due to the frame having untreated metal or they used a lower quality steel to build the frames and used a higher quality steel or used better methods to treat the metal on the cab to protect from rust. Just my $.02

16. Jan 16, 2015 at 12:59 PM
    Breakerboy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4X4 STD
    Just got home and verdict is New frame is on order.. it only took 8 min for the jury to come to a decision... Service manager told me its bad but not the worst he has seen .. I should of asked on what year and models.. I didn't really like the way the whole thing ended though.. He asked me to sign to take my truck I did that .. He said frame is being ordered it may take awhile to come in because he ordered a frame for a tundra in early Nov and has not got it yet.. So he said don't call us we'll call you unless I have concerns.. Said a loaner vehicle will be given to me at time of service which should take a week.. He gave me no information or paper work just a business card .. I asked what parts will be replaced with frame "O it's a whole bunch of parts in a kit".. Smh... ok well thanks .. he said he will be in touch.. Is it just me or something isn't right? Should I have got a copy of something some type of paperwork or is this given to me afterwards .. I mean I know they are ordering a frame but ..

17. Jan 16, 2015 at 1:00 PM
    mikevee

mikevee Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    14 prerunner trd offroad

Always get it on paper!

18. Jan 16, 2015 at 1:04 PM
    Breakerboy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4X4 STD
    Yeah I think I'm going to call them tomorrow and get something on paper.. I just thought it was strange I didn't sign nothing except that I got my keys back and was talking my truck

19. Jan 16, 2015 at 1:13 PM
    Clearwater Bill

Clearwater Bill Never answer an anonymous letter

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Largo Florida
    Vehicle:
    '13 5 lug AC w/convenience package
    A few OE parts from fancy trucks
    I would not have left till I got paperwork. Lots of it. Including one where they denied you a loaner right now because your truck is 'safe' as is.

While they may not be able to give a delivery date, they should certainly commit to the work in writing, give you a copy of the frame order, and they should give you a standard parts list that comes with the new frame.

And you should ask for your old parts (not the frame) back, just to prove they installed all the new ones.

20. Jan 17, 2015 at 1:32 AM
    Breakerboy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4X4 STD
    Yeah.. Im going to stop in tomorrow and try and get some things in writing. . I figured I should have copy of parts order form .. I will ask for my old parts back (great idea)
    They definitely dI'd not want to give me a loaner vehicle for now and said it's not there responsibility too.. I agree it's not a dealership problem it's Toyota's baby... But said my truck in current condition is safe to drive until said work is performed. .

Products Discussed in

To Top