1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

On bended knee...

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by lowcountrytj, Dec 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 20, 2015 at 3:27 PM
    skidooman

skidooman I'm your huckleberry

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    19 Taco
    Kings, JBA, BAMF, C4, Deaver, Prinsu, TJM, SnugTop, 5.29s
    I'm hoping to find a church once we get moved. We had an awesome church when we lived in Reno. We have lived where we do now for almost 6 years and never found a place we feel at home. Found a couple we would go to for a while, but nothing seemed right. Bummed me out.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  2. Jan 20, 2015 at 4:57 PM
    lowcountrytj

lowcountrytj [OP] Third Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phillip
    Probably at Work
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB TRD SPORT "BLACKOUT"
    Hey TJ...hopefully you guys will find a church to call home soon.
    Glad to have you on the thread.

3. Jan 20, 2015 at 5:11 PM
    Ride98red

Ride98red You people are so petty...and tiny

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    NOVA
    Gatekeeper tailgate "lock", WeatherTech floor liners - Front and Rear, Factor 55 Hitch Link w/Van Beest 3/4" D-ring Shackle, ARB 30' Snatch Strap, Trailer Hitch Socket Relocate, Skygear Waterproof Fuse/Relay Box, LED Bed Lights, QuickFists with custom mount
  4. Jan 21, 2015 at 8:21 AM
    Butano

Butano Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Louis
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2015 Red 6-speed
    I was kind of in the same situation at one point too. I was trying to get involved and tried out a few churches. Found one that was good, but couldn't really get connected (I was tired of being one of those people who would sneak in, listen, and then sneak out before anyone noticed me). It was difficult. I thought a bigger church would offer more opportunities. While going there, they announced that there was a small church that was going to try to restart (new name, new pastor, etc.). I thought that might be an option. The church was much closer to my house, and by trying to restart they would need people to help out with stuff. Now if they just really concentrated on following Christ and doing His work. Turns out that is where God wanted me. I got plugged in, and really grew there. The pastor really challenged everyone to do what God wanted them to do (and that was probably different than what God wanted him to do). And he walked the walk, admitting the stumbles along the way, and always working and encouraging others. Unfortunately I moved from the area and can't make it back there, but still feel that is "my church." So what I would suggest is to keep an eye on those smaller churches too. There is a place in God's plan for larger churches and for smaller churches. (Being small allowed us to move quickly when something came up.) And with you having technical director experience might be able to provide a lot of insight and guidance for a small growing church. Of course with any size church may have major issues.

5. Jan 23, 2015 at 10:58 PM
    lowcountrytj

Member:
    First Name:
    Phillip
    Probably at Work
    Vehicle:
    Hope everyone doing well.
    As always, thanks for posting!

6. Jan 24, 2015 at 12:19 AM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    This may not be spiritually related :D tonight I met this cute girl and danced with ther but unfortunately I didn't get her name haha so I'm praying I bump into her soon.

7. Jan 24, 2015 at 1:13 AM
    Kolunatic

Kolunatic Broke ass

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 DC peerunner
  8. Jan 24, 2015 at 8:47 AM
    lowcountrytj

Member:
    First Name:
    Phillip
    Probably at Work
    Vehicle:
    Hopefully you will!
    Hey bud!!

9. Jan 24, 2015 at 4:55 PM
    Ride98red

Ride98red You people are so petty...and tiny

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    NOVA
    Gatekeeper tailgate "lock", WeatherTech floor liners - Front and Rear, Factor 55 Hitch Link w/Van Beest 3/4" D-ring Shackle, ARB 30' Snatch Strap, Trailer Hitch Socket Relocate, Skygear Waterproof Fuse/Relay Box, LED Bed Lights, QuickFists with custom mount
    Reminds me of a song, or part of a song. "Some of God's greatest gifts, are unanswered prayers." In my experience, the one(s) that got away, werent worth keeping. You'll know when the right one comes along! ;)

10. Jan 25, 2015 at 12:34 AM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    If I bump into her agin cool if not then there are others in the future.

11. Jan 26, 2015 at 9:52 PM
    lowcountrytj

Member:
    First Name:
    Phillip
    Probably at Work
    Vehicle:
    Hope ya do!

Little reading tonight. Thought I would pass along.
    Psalms 27:1-14 GNB

The Lord is my light and my salvation; I will fear no one. The Lord protects me from all danger; I will never be afraid. When evil people attack me and try to kill me, they stumble and fall. Even if a whole army surrounds me, I will not be afraid; even if enemies attack me, I will still trust God. I have asked the Lord for one thing; one thing only do I want: to live in the Lord 's house all my life, to marvel there at his goodness, and to ask for his guidance. In times of trouble he will shelter me; he will keep me safe in his Temple and make me secure on a high rock. So I will triumph over my enemies around me. With shouts of joy I will offer sacrifices in his Temple; I will sing, I will praise the Lord . Hear me, Lord , when I call to you! Be merciful and answer me! When you said, “Come and worship me,” I answered, “I will come, Lord ; don't hide yourself from me!” Don't be angry with me; don't turn your servant away. You have been my help; don't leave me, don't abandon me, O God, my saviour. My father and mother may abandon me, but the Lord will take care of me. Teach me, Lord , what you want me to do, and lead me along a safe path, because I have many enemies. Don't abandon me to my enemies, who attack me with lies and threats. I know that I will live to see the Lord 's goodness in this present life. Trust in the Lord . Have faith, do not despair. Trust in the Lord .

12. Jan 27, 2015 at 9:44 AM
    CountryBoySC

CountryBoySC Active Member

Member:
    Disclamer: Please read this post in its entirety before you choose to reply!

Something to ponder for the day... I may have said before that one of the things in my life that I'm trying to do right now is to strip away all of the fluff (traditions, un-necessary liturgy, etc.) from my faith/walk. I listened to a good sermon series a while back from Andy Stanley's church (I believe it was their Starting Point series) where they covered Christianity from the perspective of the disciples and applied them to today. Anyway, here's one to think about...

To be saved the bible says in John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”

First off, let me say that I am one who believes that if, when we read the bible that we ask God to speak to us through His Word that we will be spoken to in a personalized way. What I’m getting at is that two Christians who are seeking God’s will for their own lives might get something different from reading the same scripture. Yes, some scriptures are very black and white and quite clear but that doesn’t mean that I don’t have areas to work on in my life that you might not that and that God may articulate those to each of us through the same verses, etc., etc…

So, here’s the point to ponder… What does the word “believe” really mean in this context? Is it simply referring to an intellectual “head knowledge” belief and faith or does it have a deeper “heart knowledge” driven context?

What does this personally mean to me??? Well, I’ve seen and had too many of my own personal experiences to just believe in an intellectual way. Since I’ve believed and asked Christ into my life I’ve had a tangible feeling deep within myself that I can only articulate as being the Holy Spirit. For me believing has a very real and inescapable presence.

Now, let’s be very clear. I’m not saying that this experience is the same for everyone and it’s most definitely not my place to judge or say what’s right and wrong here. I just thought I would share and maybe trigger some of you to begin thinking or maybe re-thinking about this. Maybe it will even trigger a conversation with God. :)

I think it’s good at times to tear our thoughts and beliefs down back to their roots and see what brought us to those points as well as how we’ve built our lives on those things. For me it helps to illuminate my own life in such a way that I can be reminded of how I got to where I am as well as the ability to see the faults in my own life that need to be worked on.

To be quite frank about this I don’t want any posted answers unless you want to share your personal experience in the context of it simply being just that. That’s the awesome thing about being human, we’re all different and we all experience things differently.

Just something to think about,
    Jonathan

13. Jan 27, 2015 at 9:50 AM
    mikevee

mikevee Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    14 prerunner trd offroad
    I don't think I ask for prayer enough, so here I am. I've had a crazy start to the year, grandmother passing, and now finding out my girlfriend has ANOTHER cyst. This one is small still but shes spooked as heck. If you guys could throw some prayers this way you have no idea how much it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

14. Jan 27, 2015 at 9:51 AM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    Headed your way, Mike.

15. Jan 27, 2015 at 9:55 AM
    mikevee

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    14 prerunner trd offroad
    Thanks, James! Much appreciated!

16. Jan 27, 2015 at 10:14 AM
    mikevee

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    14 prerunner trd offroad
    Thanks brothaman!

17. Jan 27, 2015 at 10:22 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    :pray:

18. Jan 27, 2015 at 10:33 AM
    lowcountrytj

Member:
    First Name:
    Phillip
    Probably at Work
    Vehicle:
    You got it Mike!

Country... Very interesting post. Got to read again.

19. Jan 27, 2015 at 11:12 AM
    whiting1977

whiting1977 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sacramento CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 PreRunner
    Just discovered this thread and browsed thru it. I have nothing to add at this moment other then it is always great to fellowship with the [FONT=&quot]Brethren. I hope to find myself sharing how God has changed my life and the ways I serve Him. [/FONT]

20. Jan 27, 2015 at 11:59 AM
    skidooman

skidooman I'm your huckleberry

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    19 Taco
    Kings, JBA, BAMF, C4, Deaver, Prinsu, TJM, SnugTop, 5.29s
    Hey guys, I just found out this morning a good friend of mine from HS was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago. He was going in for surgery today. He's kept this fairly hush hush, but from what I gathered they caught it early and are optimistic. Great guy from a great family. He's my age, so too early to be having to deal with stuff like this. A little extra prayer would be greatly appreciated. His name is Matt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
To Top