1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

About to Purchase a 2007 Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by j.d.mason, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Jan 22, 2015 at 8:49 AM
    j.d.mason

j.d.mason [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Toronto, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 White TRD Sport DCLB
    Hi All,

I am new to these forums, so if there is a better place to post this please let me know.

I am about to purchase a 2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport. The vehicle has 111,060mi on the clock, and is a manual.

The frame appears to be in decent condition (looking for the known frame rust issues), and there didn't seem to be any issues with the clutch when driving it. I did notice a somewhat constant vibration in the gear shifter while driving, although it was not dissimilar to my friends '04 Tacoma either - maybe it's something with these vehicles? The vehicle currently has 285/70/17 Wrangler Duratrac wheels, with about 75% of their tread left. It also has a small body lift, although the suspension remains stock as best I can tell. Otherwise the thing seems to be in pretty good condition as far as I can tell.

Basically, I am wondering if there is anything I should be looking out for in particular. You guys know these things better than I do (never owned one before, coming from an older Land Rover). Are there any other known issues I should worry about? What sorts of things should I expect?

Again, if these questions can or should be answered somewhere else, let me know. Otherwise, thanks in advance!

- John

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jan 22, 2015 at 9:18 AM
    dm1215al

dm1215al Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Fl
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Offroad 4x4
    Step tubes,Window tint, HomelinK rear view mirror, changed the entune image screen Rear Differential Breather Relocation Extended AC condensate hose KB Voodoo tailgate cap Redline Tuning QuickLIFT ELITE hood lift system.
    Buying from a dealer or is this from the owner?
    The grill has been changed out and the truck has been debadged looking at the pictures, typical mods that many will do to these trucks.

If you can ask the owner what other mods they have done, sometimes they go overboard.
    Any wrecks? rear bumper seems like it has been hit, notice it has a slight sag.
    The vibration could be from the lift and the tires.

3. Jan 22, 2015 at 9:23 AM
    DevilSquid

DevilSquid Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kory
    San Jacinto, CA.
    Vehicle:
    06' Taco
    Those tail lights look like they might have been "smoked" as well. check for any chance of moisture leaking into them.

4. Jan 22, 2015 at 9:26 AM
    windsor

windsor Just a guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Homeless in Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Super Duty aka Tundra
    Canopy, fitted seat covers, OBA with self leveling air bags, 100w solar, dual Rhino Rack Pioneer platforms, side & rear LED work/FU lights, CB, cell booster. 7x16 cargo conversion, 3" lift, 7'x6.5' fold down aluminum rear deck.
    Check the frame where the hitch mounts.

5. Jan 22, 2015 at 10:38 AM
    toy 2

toy 2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Reno, NV
    the manual tranny trucks have a lower 6th gear then the auto tranny trucks so gas mileage will be worse on the manual. I just got an 06 and love it. I put a short throw shifter in first thing. shifts alot better now.

Products Discussed in

To Top