1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need new tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by RedTacomagal, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Jan 28, 2015 at 9:53 PM
    RedTacomagal

RedTacomagal [OP] New Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4X4
    Go easy on me, I'm new.

I just bought a 2001 Tacoma 4x4 Reg cab pickup and I would like to replace the tires. The tires that are on it are P225/75R/15. Can you please let me know what my options are. 265?? 235?? If I change the tire size what would it all affect?

When I go on a local Toyota dealers site they keep telling me the factory rims are 16" but they are not. I also did a VIN check and they are showing 15" tires.

Can I get bigger tires? It has stock rims but I would like to replace them as well.

I like the rims on this truck: http://siouxcity.craigslist.org/ctd/4847087801.html

I am only guessing but perhaps they are American Racing Baja rims.

My main concern now is tires. No, I will not be going off road on purpose. I do live in MN and need a good tire for all seasons.

For my old truck (93 Tacoma 4x4) I put on P235 75R 15 tires. I know walmart has Goodyear Wranglers in this size for a great price that everyone puts on their Wranglers. Would they work?

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top