1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Filthy cargo bed.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tlb, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Jan 30, 2015 at 12:01 PM
    Tlb

Tlb [OP] New Member

Member:
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2012 TDR Off Road
    Anybody know a good solution to all the dust. I realize there are drainage holes that could be covered but you would need to discard side compartment covers since they are hinged in the holes as well. Staying off gravel roads is not an option.

2. Jan 30, 2015 at 12:10 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Peel and stick the drainage holes

3. Jan 30, 2015 at 12:10 PM
    windsor

windsor Just a guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Homeless in Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Super Duty aka Tundra
    Canopy, fitted seat covers, OBA with self leveling air bags, 100w solar, dual Rhino Rack Pioneer platforms, side & rear LED work/FU lights, CB, cell booster. 7x16 cargo conversion, 3" lift, 7'x6.5' fold down aluminum rear deck.
    Fill the holes in the boxes including hinge holes. Cut hinge points off doors, attach cabinet hinge to doors and box. No more dust filled boxes, and doors have actual hinges.

4. Jan 30, 2015 at 12:12 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
  5. Jan 31, 2015 at 6:15 AM
    hotrod53

hotrod53 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lynd
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    ‘14 DCLB Sport, ‘18 TCH, ‘13 TCH
    Weathertech floor liners moded to hold OEM floor mats, weathertech vent visors, Toyota bed mat, LEER 100XL cap, hood gasket mod to stop whistling.
    All 3 Tacomas that I have had, each with a LEER cap on the back, got filthy in the back. I never spent any time trying to figure out where it was coming from, it is frustrating. I have a OEM bed mat in the trucks too. My '14 DCLB Sport does not have the cubby holes, so what would I have to fix in my case?

Yes, the doors in the rear corners have openings in the bottom, that in itself has always been an issue, but with the doors on them and closed, are you saying that is contributing to the dirt? Would my drain holes be covered by my bed mat? Where else should I be looking?

6. Jan 31, 2015 at 6:36 AM
    DanceswithWolves

DanceswithWolves palabra a tu madre

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Roosevelt UT
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB OR

Products Discussed in

To Top