1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Antigravity Batteries Micro-start PPS XP-3 jump starter

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by spithead051, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Feb 5, 2015 at 12:31 PM
    spithead051

spithead051 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Fairfax, VA
    Vehicle:
    09 AC 4x4 OR S/C'ed!
    Supercharger, ICON 2.5VS w/ CDC, TRD T/X Pro Wheels, 255/85/R16 BFG MT KM2's, APEX three hoop bumper, Smittybilt X20 Comp Gen 2, Allpro IFS skid, All-Pro Sliders, Dynomax exhaust, aFe Stage 2 si, URD 2.85 stealth pulley, Oil pressure, oil temperature, boost, A/F ratio gauges, Devil horns, WO seat covers
    Title is incorrect, this is a review for the XP-1, not XP-3

Product:

Antigravity Batteries Micro-start XP-1 multi-function jump starter. http://www.amazon.com/Antigravity-B...F8&qid=1423167911&sr=8-3&keywords=micro-start

This product is designed to jump start gas engines up to 5.7 V8's, charge your laptop with the built-in adapters, or charge a multitude of USB devices.

My review:

When I first bought the device back in July it worked wonderfully. It took about two hours to fully charge and I tested it on multiple vehicles to see how many cars it would jump before it ran out of juice. I was able to jump 15 engines before it started to struggle.

I kept it in the cab of my truck and would use it off and on and would top it off once a month. Per the manufacturer, it should last six months on a full charge before needing to be plugged in but I wanted to be safe.

After six months, the battery barely held a charge and couldn't even attempt to jump a car. I contacted the manufacturer on multiple occasions for assistance/warranty advice. Received no contact in return and had to contact my credit card company for resolution.

This product started off great and from what I have read it has worked well for many people but with my experiences with the product and manufacturer I would look at other companies before buying this product.

2. Feb 5, 2015 at 12:34 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I wonder if the company will contact you. DO they have a website?

3. Feb 6, 2015 at 5:16 AM
    spithead051

spithead051 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Fairfax, VA
    Vehicle:
    09 AC 4x4 OR S/C'ed!
    Supercharger, ICON 2.5VS w/ CDC, TRD T/X Pro Wheels, 255/85/R16 BFG MT KM2's, APEX three hoop bumper, Smittybilt X20 Comp Gen 2, Allpro IFS skid, All-Pro Sliders, Dynomax exhaust, aFe Stage 2 si, URD 2.85 stealth pulley, Oil pressure, oil temperature, boost, A/F ratio gauges, Devil horns, WO seat covers
    They do, here is the website for the product: antigravitybatteries.com/microstart

I tried their warranty email, their customer service email, and tried calling a couple times and heard nothing in return.

4. Feb 6, 2015 at 4:12 PM
    akcub

akcub Member

Member:
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma 4x4 2.7L
    I had similar experience with the Anti-Gravity Battery. It will charge my iPhone but it will not jump a V6 or 4 cylinder Tacoma.

5. Feb 12, 2015 at 10:17 AM
    Lespaulkid01

Lespaulkid01 I prefer the term "beer researcher".

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    MoCo, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2013 Double Cab TRD Sport, Pyrite Mica
    tool chest, vent visors, tuffy bed box, scangauge, Bilstein 5100's, OME 885x springs, Wheeler's HD AAL, LED map, dome, and reverse lights, Bestop Supertop.
    That's a bummer. I've been looking into getting one of these after playing around with yours last fall. Haven't seen a whole lot by way of other manufacturers though. I guess its back to research! haha

There's a very slim chance that I would ever actually need it since I have AAA and a scangauge that will tell me if my battery is shitting the bed, but it wouldn't be a bad backup to keep in the truck for emergencies.

Hamer95USA likes this.
  6. Feb 12, 2015 at 10:22 AM
    Laichaboss21

Laichaboss21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hugo
    Springfield,Va
    Vehicle:
    08 black sr5
    DeMello front bumper, smittybilt witch, prinsu roof rack, bilstein 5100s front, fox rears with Icon AAL, leer camper shell, TJM RTT, renogy solar panel, KC ditch lights, led light bar on bumper, whynter 65 qt fridge.
    my matco tools guy stocks them. ill ask him about it see if i can get him to warranty it for you

7. Jan 20, 2017 at 4:10 AM
    06Tacooo

06Tacooo Earth Czar

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    39° 14' N / 83° 13' W
    Vehicle:
    06 Off Road Access Cab Indigo Ink Pearl
    Michelin Defender LTX M/S2, ABS kill switch, Tech Deck, Mirror riser, Ride-Rites, BF Garmin GPS
    I've had mine for 5+ years, charge it only if it needs it, maybe every 18 months or so. I put it in whatever vehicle I'm driving that day. Don't keep it in a vehicle parked outside. Heat/cold will eventually kill any battery.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    Hamer95USA likes this.
  8. Jan 20, 2017 at 6:28 PM
    Drif10

Drif10 Active Member

Member:
    Moscow, ON
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCLB TRD
    Had mine for three years now, always works when I need it.

Back when I first got it, it was in the fall, I charged it, tossed it in my 4runner, and forgot about it. In February, I left the lights on while I pulled a 14 hour run. Oops. D-E-D dead. Had cables, but it was 0400, and no one around. Remembered the little thing, figured I'd give it a try. After three months, still showed a full charge. So I've a dead battery, a 3.4 v6, and it's about -10f. Turned that thing over like I was getting a boost from a powerstroke. Still works great.

Shame that some had bad luck with them.

Hamer95USA likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top