1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

15x8s and spacers?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by TacoTuesdayyy, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Feb 1, 2015 at 8:10 PM
    TacoTuesdayyy

TacoTuesdayyy [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    04 TacomaV6 TRD sr5 Xtracab 4x4
    2.5 inch Leveling kit in front, 4x4 foot Smittybilt Defender roof rack sitting on custom built bed rack, Trail Gear Stinger bumper for first gen 4runner with adapter bracket, 2 inch shackle kit on rear leafs, Smittybilt 10,000 pound winch, Two 7" HID spots mounted on custom light brackets under stinger, Train Horn, 35x12.5x15 Cooper MTPs , Various LED Pods and 42 inch light bar.
    So I'm thinking of getting some 15x8 inch rims with 3.75 inches of backspacing and I might need a 1 inch or possibly 0.5 inch spacer to clear the caliper so I'm just wondering if that might be to wide or If those sizes will clear the caliper if needed any comments constructive criticism or just some shit talking I'm all ears or in this case eyes. :D

2. Feb 2, 2015 at 5:29 AM
    Brake Weight

Brake Weight But it hasn't rained in weeks...I'll make it.

Member:
    Deep South near the Third Coast
    Vehicle:
    Taco pulling 33s and a B6 pushing 33psi
    Weld on sliders, fiberglass shell, 12k winch in an Elite Offroad bumper, front Aussie Lunchbox
    What wheels?

3. Feb 7, 2015 at 12:36 PM
    mobflip

mobflip Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Reed
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Vehicle:
    98* 4x4 Single Cab
    If you're talking about the Procomp steel wheels than you'll need spacers. You should buy wheel spacers that bolt on, I had those .5" spacers and my lugs were only holding onto like three threads. Within a week my lugs were toast.

These are the spacers I have
    http://www.polyperformance.com/Synergy-Hub-Centric-Wheel-Spacers

4. Feb 7, 2015 at 1:33 PM
    Brake Weight

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Weld on sliders, fiberglass shell, 12k winch in an Elite Offroad bumper, front Aussie Lunchbox
    Replace front studs with rear studs from an '03 Matrix. Run whatever wheel you'd like with whatever width slip on spacer you'd like and have plenty of threads to spare.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  5. Feb 26, 2015 at 8:40 PM
    TacoTuesdayyy

TacoTuesdayyy [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    04 TacomaV6 TRD sr5 Xtracab 4x4
    2.5 inch Leveling kit in front, 4x4 foot Smittybilt Defender roof rack sitting on custom built bed rack, Trail Gear Stinger bumper for first gen 4runner with adapter bracket, 2 inch shackle kit on rear leafs, Smittybilt 10,000 pound winch, Two 7" HID spots mounted on custom light brackets under stinger, Train Horn, 35x12.5x15 Cooper MTPs , Various LED Pods and 42 inch light bar.
    I wanna get the trail masters because they are cheaper but the wheelers seem to be the only other cheap option but are actually made for yota and i want to know if the trail master ones will fit at all

6. Feb 27, 2015 at 1:21 PM
    boostedka

boostedka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    NM
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 6MT, 2004 4runner
    on my old '99 Tacoma, I just bought the Wheeler's steelies even though they were more expensive. the ones you're talking about won't fit over your brakes as you stated, but I think that 3.75" BS + spacers will push your wheels way and put major stress on you ball joints and wheel bearings.

I've seen some guys use the cheaper steelies and just grind some material off their calipers. I'm not too into that idea, but some folks are down.

7. Feb 27, 2015 at 2:27 PM
    YotaBum

YotaBum Not So Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport DCSB
    Blacked Out-887-Dakars-LR UCA-FJ Trail Team wheels-285 BFG KO2
    I ran Cragar Soft 8s 15x8 wheels on my first gen for a while. I think they look much better than the Wheelers or Trailmasters. Using a thin spacer (1/4"?) they cleared the front calipers. Just another option... Think they are about the same price as the Wheelers though. But you may be able to find them on Craigslist for cheap... That's where I scored mine!

8. Feb 27, 2015 at 3:43 PM
    Brake Weight

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Same here on the Soft 8s. Just the cheap parts house spacers will be enough to clear the calipers. You'll need corresponding acorn type lug nuts, too. I'd also suggest aluminum or stainless steel center caps if you want to run them. Anything else will rust.

Products Discussed in

To Top