1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

09 Pismo Jamboree Sept. 25-27, 2009

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by TuRDVan, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Sep 30, 2009 at 1:35 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    I had a slow leak. Front right tire. Crawled down a dune and cut left at the bottom and it rolled off the rim.

A ford explorer and a dirt bike collided just before pole 12. Dirt bike popped the explorer's tire & cracked the rim. The dirt biker's helmet smashed the windshield. - we were camped right by where it happened.

2. Sep 30, 2009 at 1:43 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Now you know how to break a bead when you start running spares without rims in the desert or the sand ;)

Sorry to hear that, I liked the high speed chase story better! Thanks!

3. Sep 30, 2009 at 1:44 PM
    GEARAHOLIC

GEARAHOLIC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    KELLEN
    PASO ROBLES, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Black on Black BEAST
    why were you guys camping in the dunes instead of with the group?

4. Sep 30, 2009 at 1:44 PM
    tacoskim

tacoskim Tuned By Gadget

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Stock
    camping between 12 and 13 is where its at! niice and secluded

5. Sep 30, 2009 at 1:54 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    secluded + not nearly as much wind & sand blowin everywhere

6. Sep 30, 2009 at 2:14 PM
    GEARAHOLIC

Member:
    First Name:
    KELLEN
    PASO ROBLES, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Black on Black BEAST
    you guys comming up for surf and turf?

7. Sep 30, 2009 at 2:16 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    The other guys are. I usually go to Glamis for thanksgiving - if that happens I won't be making SnT.

8. Sep 30, 2009 at 2:18 PM
    GEARAHOLIC

Member:
    First Name:
    KELLEN
    PASO ROBLES, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Black on Black BEAST
    how long does it take you to get to glammis? I havnt been but it would take me like 8 hours

9. Sep 30, 2009 at 2:28 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    it takes me between 4-5 hrs

10. Sep 30, 2009 at 4:21 PM
    solus

solus HOME!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bremerton, WA
    Vehicle:
    RR 4wd SR5
    well shit i was with the group and all the 4runners... i might make it for SnT

11. Sep 30, 2009 at 6:31 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    I was rolling with Chris & Lance and other people who had recovery gear. We used a hi-lift w/ wheel adapter, jacked the truck up by the wheel. Chris had an air compressor or something that was wicked fast, put it on the stem and the tire popped right on. It wasn't riding on the spare before or after. I think it only took us like 15-20 mins to get running again..

12. Sep 30, 2009 at 7:13 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    thats exactly what it was. We came back from a run and it started hissing. My intention was to keep an eye on the pressure but i forgot. :eek:

13. Oct 1, 2009 at 11:37 AM
    Brandon H

Brandon H Well-Known Member

Member:
    Newhall, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 DC Offroad
    2017 4Runner TRD Offroad Premium. Icon stage 7, RCI skids, SCS SR8 wheels, budbuilt sliders, 285/70/17 BFG Ko2s (Old rig) 07 Taco TRD Offroad FUlly Locked, Icon Extended Travel CO's w/ remote resis., Alcan AAL's,Icon Remote Resi Rear Shocks, All Pro Front bumper w/ warn 9.5xp,winchline synthetic winch cable,All Pro IFS Skid plate, OME Shims, OME Carrier Bearing drop, Trail Gear Sliders, Yakima Load Warrior Basket, OEM Roof Rack, Hi Lift Extreme, Cobra model 19, Wilson Lil Wil Antenna, Yaesu ft-7800
    Had a blast out there!!!! Yes we will be back for surf and turf. ​

14. Oct 4, 2009 at 11:38 AM
    TuRDVan

TuRDVan [OP] A.K.A slosurfer

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Los Osos, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 DCAB TRD OFFROAD
    Dents and my wife drives it!
    Nick, here are the pics of your tire from Jason. So far, that's the only pics I've found of it.

IMG_0573_f9ac87ea25a6ca2df58d6da0709f1d1c85770da9.jpg
    IMG_0575_30af2288b55610ba6a09b52d26472984f57b909e.jpg

15. Oct 4, 2009 at 11:40 AM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    haha thanks dude :thumbsup:

16. Oct 4, 2009 at 8:46 PM
    TuRDVan

TuRDVan [OP] A.K.A slosurfer

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Los Osos, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 DCAB TRD OFFROAD
    Dents and my wife drives it!
    Sorry this has taken so long to get around to doing, I had a lot of catching up to do for stuff I've been neglecting while getting this event ready.

First off I want to thank my wife April for putting up with all this (especially considering our 6th wedding anniversary was that weekend). Lance for all his help, doing the website, designing the tees, stickers, etc.., Bruce for holding down the fort on Thursday night and his help throughout the event, Bob and Dan for their help at the booth, Masa and group for feeding Me and Lance (I don't think we would have stopped to eat had it not been for you making us stop), Becky and Jason for going with me to get the chowder and helping serve it, Milton, Leo, and Marlon for taking professional pics throughout the event, the tundra stop guys for helping me bag up all the raffle prizes at the last minute, and everyone else who lent a helping hand throughout the weekend. I think I could go on forever, so many people helped out!

Next is a HUGE THANKS to all our sponsors, without their generous support, this event would have been impossible to pull off. Be sure to remember these sponsors when it comes time to mod your rig. I want to give a special thanks to those sponsors who were able to come out and participate in the event. Overland Warehouse, Machine Fab, Roxie Market and Deli, TundraStop, and Rolling Big Power all had a presence out there. Thanks for your support and coming out to play!

Last but not least, I want to thank everyone who came out and participated! From what I saw, everyone behaved themselves and went home safe (some rigs might not have been the same afterwards but everyone was safe). J It was great to see everyone, and I hope you all had as much fun as I did. Thanks so much for picking up after yourselves when it was time to go home. There was one site that we had to pick up after, but other than that, everyone else left it cleaner than they found it.

Enough with the mushy stuff, here are some of my highlights:

• Meeting some really cool people, making new friends, and getting to hang out with old friends. It was a really cool group of people out there!
    • The GPS Game, I had fun setting it up, and I hope everyone who participated in it enjoyed it. You should have got a decent tour of the dunes by doing the whole thing and probably burned up a decent amount of fuel as well ( I know I did). Haha! We will have it again next year, make it better, and change it up some. Expect harder challenges at the gps points and have your digital cameras ready. J
    • The tech seminars: these got a little messed up due to having a major recovery going on right during the time that these were supposed to happen. Thanks to Bruce and Lance though for still finding time to give quite a few people instructions and watching them plug holes in my old trailer tire. There actually were quite a few small tech seminars during a few recoveries and some in camp while people were trying to fix their rigs. One in particular happened during the night run and would have been much harder without all the demo gear from HiLift and Powertank. It made for a nice mini tech seminar and showed how nice it can be to have the right tools for the job.
    • The group photo was really cool to see (although some people just cant’ get up that early), we still had almost 50 rigs show up for the 9am photo. The corresponding jumpfest afterwards was fun, with Bruce giving the crowd a show with his leaning jump.
    • The raffle was amazing. We had some very generous vendors and had a ton of prizes to get through. Thanks to everyone for sticking with it and helping us get through it as quickly as possible.
    • The night run to pick up the gps points was fun, crazy, and scary, all at the same time because of the fog. I seriously almost called it off on the way to pick up the first point, it was that foggy. Thanks to everyone who made it out with us, there was one time I looked back and all the rigs with their lights on in the fog looked really cool. We had one rig that busted a bead on its front passenger tire, which we were able to get fixed and keep going. Other than that, I think there was only one other time that a strap came out, and that was just to steady a vehicle so it could straighten out on a dune. I couldn’t believe that we didn’t have more stucks out there that night. Props to all you for some great driving!
    • Masa’s steaks were awesome!
    • I took the van for a quick spin on Sunday after she was all loaded to go home. Apparently I had a pretty bad exhaust leak and the exhaust ended up snapping off right behind the catalytic convertor! I also lost a bead on the front passenger tire, didn’t notice it right off, and may have ruined that tire (its got a real suspect little side bulge thing on it now).
    • I had a blast and can’t wait for next year. We hope to see everyone again next year. We have already had conversations on how to make next year’s event even better. We learn more and more each year. Thanks again to all the participants and sponsors!
    • Carnage! We definitely had some carnage out there. Huge props to those who had carnage, for how they handled it and to those who helped them out and made sure they made it back safe. I’ll try to list what I can remember. FJ Cruiser with a blown rear diff, 2nd gen 2 door 4runner with a burnt up clutch, FJ Crusier with some crush zone damage and a busted rearview camera, some busted beads on tires, CRV with a possible smoked tranny, dented skid plates, and sand everywhere! ;)

For those that didn’t know, the event store is back up and running on the website with shirts and stickers. Due to high demand, we ran out of the smaller sizes. Contact me or Lance this next week if you want to get a shirt in one of the sizes that we ran out of. I think we’re going to be able to do another small run of tshirts, we just need to know who wants what.

PICTURES!!!! We would love it if you could send us your pictures from the event. The website http://pismojamboree.com has the contact info for that. We need pics to send in to the magazine and to send to our sponsors.

Also, for those that won raffle prizes, please send us a picture throughout the year when you install or use your winnings. These will be great for the website and to send to the sponsors.

Thanks again and see you all next year, if not before,

Chris Stover

Products Discussed in

To Top