1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

worth the cost? 7th injector, crank pulley, 2.2" S/C & headers.

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Boosted TRD, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Feb 26, 2015 at 3:31 PM
    Boosted TRD

Boosted TRD [OP] your what hurts!?!?!?

Member:
    First Name:
    Zeb
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    00 TRD SR5 4x4 5-spd supercharged, Cantilever L/T.
    TRD Supercharger, URD 7th injector, 2.2" S/C pulley, light weight crank pulley, CAI, CB exhaust, Camburg Mid-Travel front, LSK Cantilever L/T rear
    Thinking about doing the URD 7th injector kit, crank & S/C pulleys & headers on my 2000 Tacoma. Is the performance worth the cost?

2. Mar 1, 2015 at 9:14 AM
    Norton

Norton Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Access Cab 4x4 V6 6MT, TRD OR & Tow Packages
    Magnuson S/C w/12TRDTacoma's Qwikchange Hub & 2.5" RIP-Modded Pulley, Roostfactor's Pulley Wrap Mod; FPR Mod; JustDSM Tune via HPT MPVI2; mightytacoman Intercooler Tank; aFe POWER Magnum FLOW Pro DRY S Air Filter; OME Suspension Lift (885 Coils, Dakar Leafs, NitroCharger Sports); TRD Quickshifter w/TRD 6-Spd Knob; TRD Exhaust; NSB-AGM27F Battery w/HKB Adjustable Voltage Booster & Coupe's TRD Battery Hold Down; Goodridge SS Brake Lines; Trident904's MT ADM; BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2s on FJ SE Anthracite Rims; N-Fab 6-Step Nerf Bars; BPF TRD Skid, Tow Hook, & Cooling Panel; jsi's Locker Anytime, Up2NoGood's 2Lo Module; ramonortiz55's Always on Power Outlet Relay, ND4's Fog Light Anytime, & Crom's Speed Bleeder Mods; crashnburn80's Ultimate Headlight & Fog Light Upgrades; ThreatLevelMidnight's Wireless Charger; 4Runner 4X4 & FJ Fog Light Switches; redtaco2007-inspired LED License Plate Lights; AudioControl LC2i LOC, JL Audio XD200/2v2 Amp, Focal PS165V1 Spkrs, Sound Ordnance B-8PTD Sub, Hushmat & Noico Sound Insulation; loginfailed-inspired Speedhut Boost & AFR Gauges in a Lotek Pillar Pod; Ltd Auto-Dim/Compass/Temp/Backup Camera/Homelink mirror on ImMrYo's Mirror Lift Bracket; TacomaBeast Glove Box & Console Organizers; Husky Floor Liners; UltraGauge EM; mesojdm's Ultimate LED Dome & Map Lights & GASSHOLE; Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Elite; Mobtown Offroad Locking Bed Storage Doors; Toyota Bed Mat; Cali Raised Led Bed Stiffeners; Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock w/TacomaTruckParts Support Bracket; ARE Z-Series Cap, SolarGard Tint; BlendMounted & MirrorTapped Uniden R3; CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna; Amsoil Lubricants; Adam's Detailing Supplies
    I can't speak to the pulleys and headers, but a 7th Injector Kit is worthwhile to smooth power delivery and prevent lean-out conditions. Note that, despite the URD Kit's "better altitude compensation" and "pre-loaded start up program that's good for 99% of the trucks out there," my truck definitely required additional tuning. (A post-install dyno run showed somewhat erratic power delivery and continued lean A/F ratios.) The guys at Rocky Mountain Competitive Research worked with Gadget to refine the tune, eventually achieving a smoothly delivered 213HP and 231FT-LBS at the rear wheels with comfortably safe A/F ratios throughout the power band. (Assuming ~15% drivetrain loss puts those numbers about where I expect them.)

The bottom line is that a 7th Injector Kit is a worthwhile upgrade for any of us running a supercharger. Although it probably runs well out-of-the-box for some folks, it should be dyno-tuned to ensure you get the most out of it.

Norton's Tacoma Dyno.jpg

3. Mar 1, 2015 at 12:27 PM
    Boosted TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Zeb
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    TRD Supercharger, URD 7th injector, 2.2" S/C pulley, light weight crank pulley, CAI, CB exhaust, Camburg Mid-Travel front, LSK Cantilever L/T rear
    Thanks for the info!

4. Mar 2, 2015 at 11:33 AM
    elnip

elnip Well-Known Member

Member:
    LC,NM
    Vehicle:
    '98 Tacoma TRD S/C'd / /'16 T4R Trail
    Taco SC'd, fuel mods, Supra TT MAF, TRD Headers, Water Meth Injection, Tundra Brake upgrade Trail w/URD EL Headers. JFR EL Y-pipe, URD Hi Clearance cat back, KDMAX Tune, 4.56's
    As far as the headers, the main thing I noticed with them is that it would pull through the rpm's smoother with them that with the stock manifolds.
    I would do the 7th injector first if that is you fueling choice.

Norton likes this.
  5. Mar 2, 2015 at 1:54 PM
    Boosted TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Zeb
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    Ya, that's my plan. I'll do the 7th injector kit & crank pulley at the same time & then do the headers & S/C pulley after.

6. Mar 4, 2015 at 7:29 AM
    boostedka

boostedka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    NM
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 6MT, 2004 4runner
    if you have the money to buy it at the same time, Gadget will a lot of times give you a 5-10% discount when you purchase multiple items at once, especially on their in house products like the 7th injector kit and pulleys. you just have to call URD and ask for him and he'll usually hook it up.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  7. Mar 4, 2015 at 7:42 AM
    Boosted TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Zeb
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    Thanks! Ill do that! Ask for Gadget? Is that is actual name or screen name on here? haha

8. Mar 4, 2015 at 9:15 AM
    boostedka

boostedka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    NM
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 6MT, 2004 4runner
    Yeah just ask for Gadget. I think his actual name is Stephen Dopplar or something like that. But when I've called URD he just says " this is Gadget"

9. Mar 4, 2015 at 9:33 AM
    Boosted TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Zeb
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    Cool, Thanks!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top