1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The official Brute Force Fab "My money was taken" thread

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by 7six2Fan, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Feb 25, 2015 at 1:00 PM
    RockyMtnTRD

RockyMtnTRD Wanderlust.

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR
    hack job
    Billy is still in business and making bumpers as badass as ever!

Too bad he couldn't deal with his past personal issues better, just doesn't have any office or fab help. One man show.

Sounds like he's back to making people happy again though.

2. Feb 25, 2015 at 1:36 PM
    jrzyshore

jrzyshore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Prius TRD Offroad
    Icon extended travel coilovers and rear shocks, Dakar leaf springs, Toytec U bolt flip, extended length Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Timbren Bump stops ,TC UCAs, Street Taco (Beefedtaco) 1 1/2" CB drop, 4x Innovation DOM tube sliders with kick outs, some extended brake lines,ATO front skid plate, ATO trans skid, ATO Hi Lift brackets, 60" Hi Lift jack and a pine tree air freshener.
    Glad to here this, I planning on pulling the trigger in a couple months.

3. Feb 25, 2015 at 1:45 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Man this is a relief. I've spoken with him on the phone a few times and he is always a helpful guy.

4. Feb 25, 2015 at 2:28 PM
    Mach375

Mach375 Habitual Violator of Wheeling Rule #2

Member:
    First Name:
    Sathington "Alowicious Devadander Abercrombie" Willoughby (but you can call me Mud)
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCLB 4x4 TRD Sport
    Too much to list, but enough to get me in trouble. Repeatedly.
    Just put down a deposit for a very custom HC rear with dual swingouts. I'm figuring it'll be ready by the end of March, beginning of April.

My only two gripes with Billy is 1) he likes to talk. A lot. No such thing as a 10-minute phone call. And 2) he does everything over the phone, so very difficult to create a paper trail (all written communication is one-way, as in from me to him. He then calls to discuss).

He told me about a recent PayPal/Fastenal experience, as his reason for no longer taking PayPal. Long story short, he shipped a completed bumper, Fastenal provided signed proof of delivery (both written and verbal), but recipient filed PayPal dispute that bumper never arrived. Despite Fastenal providing PayPal with requested documents, PayPal sided with recipient, and Billy was out hundreds of dollars. Apparently PayPal doesn't like that Fastenal doesn't provide tracking information, and doesn't care if there is a signature on a hard-copy delivery receipt.
    (I'm not jumping into the fray here, just relaying what I was told about why Billy won't deal with PayPal any more).

5. Feb 26, 2015 at 1:13 AM
    n8dizzlehk91

n8dizzlehk91 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    magnetic grey metalic TRD off road
    none yet
    Cant he use con way instead of fastenal? And if its not PayPal then do we have to do money orders?

6. Feb 26, 2015 at 4:28 AM
    Ricks2013

Ricks2013 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    13' TRD Sport DCSB
    A few things
    Interesting...

I would hope you could at least use a credit card. Otherwise you wont have any recourse if need be.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  7. Feb 26, 2015 at 6:18 AM
    J Rod

J Rod Loves Sammiches.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Where theres more livestock than humans.
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJC
    16x8 Method NV Wheels, 285/75/16 Duratracs, Axe/Shovel Mount for Roof Rack, Tuffy Light Mount, Rigid Industries 40" LED light bar, Husky Liner floor mats, TT Blackout all around.
    Well the way I paid for the second installment on my bumper was through another online pay service, which did provide a receipt. Just didn't have a lot of the buyer protection that PayPal has. I was fine with it after hearing that he was back up on his feet and running again. Received my bumper about a week or so ago, couldn't be happier now.

8. Feb 26, 2015 at 6:58 AM
    Mach375

Mach375 Habitual Violator of Wheeling Rule #2

Member:
    First Name:
    Sathington "Alowicious Devadander Abercrombie" Willoughby (but you can call me Mud)
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCLB 4x4 TRD Sport
    Too much to list, but enough to get me in trouble. Repeatedly.
    Credit card over the phone. www link to receipt sent to phone via text.

9. Feb 26, 2015 at 8:42 AM
    n8dizzlehk91

n8dizzlehk91 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    magnetic grey metalic TRD off road
    none yet
    Seems like its too much work and a bit risky for me. I want the hybrid bumper so bad but I think I'm gonna have to go with the pelfreybilt they have a discount going on right now and PayPal which would be a lot easier for me

10. Mar 5, 2015 at 9:09 PM
    STiLL WILL

STiLL WILL MY NAME ISN'T WILL

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt [again, not WILL]
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra TRD Sport 4wd
    Yes, I sold my '13 Taco. :'(
    I was over at Billy's shop yesterday getting my bumper installed by the man himself.

1425616078-picsay_copy_zps23z5v4bf_a3520e760a502dddcc8700c20f4c59f1dfaecf8e.jpg

1425616178-picsay_copy_zpsitt5x6hw_29385597dfff6e1048600ee2e7d893316f6cee9c.jpg

As I expected, my experience with Billy in person was simply an extension of the great experience I had with him over the phone. He's a great guy. I don't expect anyone to take my word for it, but it is what it is. That's just my personal experience. As stated already in this thread, he knows he royally fucked up and will never win a few people back and he's come to terms with it.

The main thing is, I'm happy. Yes, Billy didn't make good on the date he 1st committed to, but that's ok. I can empathize with the personal problems he went through, and I know it could have been handled better and I will admit being pissed as well. Some will call me crazy, but this won't be the last time I do business with Billy. In fact, I almost put a deposit down yesterday and come back to get some of his sliders burned on at a later date----then realized I havent done my taxes yet. *sigh*

So yes, MY MONEY WAS TAKEN!!!!!!!!! .....but the product was finally delivered, and again, I am happy. :)

11. Mar 23, 2015 at 9:48 AM
    7six2Fan

7six2Fan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Sport DC LB
    Got ahold of Billy a month ago about the products that he shorted me on my original order and the products that came in damaged. He said he'd ship them out to me. Still waiting, another month later... same shit different day.

12. Mar 23, 2015 at 4:22 PM
    Explor

Explor Don’t take the trip ... let the trip take you

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Northampton County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    FUN
    TRD valve stem caps , A Chimney & Back up camera. , Cooper STMaxx 255/80/17, SCS Dark Bronze wheels, , bed matt, weathertech floor liners and bug deflector , flyzeyez dash and glove box light , Best Top supertop, Brute Force Sliders , Bumpers ,KC back up lights, vent shades, tinting, superwinch 9.5 , Factor 55 winch thimble , KC ditch lights , BAMF IFS skid plates , Tepui Ruggedized RTT , Awning , Bed light kit , Hood Struts , Camburg UCAs ,Bud built gas skid , all pro differential skid , cbi jerry can holder , 15lb CO2 Tank , URD short shift , Defined engineering shackle bolt crossmember, Clazzio seat covers , 4:56 Nitro gears , ARB rear locker, CMKA12 compressor. Super Bump Stops, Bushwacker Flares , CBI bed rack , king resi front 700# , OME Dakar, Bilstein 6100's 10" light bar diode dynamics , AV monster fogs , TC bed reinforcement brackets , TC spindle gussets w swaybar Yeasue Ham , cb
    X2

13. Mar 28, 2015 at 7:44 PM
    7six2Fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Sport DC LB
    What are you waiting on Jonek?

Its officially been over a year since I placed my order and still waiting on parts of it.

14. Apr 1, 2015 at 7:57 AM
    dirtymike420

dirtymike420 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    TuRD off oad
    Wow, that is crazy. I was told i should get his bumpers. So glad i found this. He cant keep up with an order from over a year ago he surly cant take on new orders.

Almost looks like steal from Peter to pay Paul. Have any of yall just said the hell with it. I want a refund?

15. Apr 1, 2015 at 8:29 AM
    Rebelimo

Rebelimo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Coatesville
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Silver streak Limo
    You'll get the bumpers eventually, and you won't regret going with brute force. That's how it was for me

16. Apr 1, 2015 at 2:49 PM
    J Rod

J Rod Loves Sammiches.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Where theres more livestock than humans.
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJC
    16x8 Method NV Wheels, 285/75/16 Duratracs, Axe/Shovel Mount for Roof Rack, Tuffy Light Mount, Rigid Industries 40" LED light bar, Husky Liner floor mats, TT Blackout all around.
    THIS.

Top notch craftsmanship, just took a year for me.

17. Apr 1, 2015 at 2:56 PM
    7six2Fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Sport DC LB
    I've never once bitched about his craftsmanship. But damn, how many businesses do you deal with on a regular basis that take your money and say, "I'll get it to you eventually."? I'm going to guess none.

It's been extremely clear that he has filled orders for the people waiting, and taken on new orders without addressing all the customers that he still owes money/products to.

18. Apr 1, 2015 at 4:54 PM
    Rebelimo

Rebelimo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Coatesville
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Silver streak Limo
    At this point, anyone who buys should know this

19. Apr 2, 2015 at 4:56 AM
    7six2Fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Sport DC LB
    Yeah well for some of us, that problem didn't exist when we placed our orders, and we're still being fucked over.

20. Apr 2, 2015 at 5:23 AM
    12TRDTacoma

12TRDTacoma Powered by Ford, GM, VW, and Mercedes

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Concordia
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4 Supercharged
    Boosted
    It's really difficult to have a high expectation of a quick turnaround time on a one man show operated business. He is literally at the mercy of how fast his own two hands could work. There is only so many hours in the day.

I bought my bumper from Billy I want to say about a year or two ago. One of the most quality products I have purchased from a fabricator, but needless to say I was at the mercy of his turn around time, and lack of communication. It gets hard to be patient when there isn't a quick update or quick communication between yourself and the fabber. So all I could really say is just be patient. He makes some quality built stuff.

sect0r likes this.
To Top