1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3" toytec stock tires/rims height from center of tire to bottom of wheel well

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SilverTacoma, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Oct 23, 2008 at 7:42 PM
    SilverTacoma

SilverTacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma dblcab L/B
    stock so far
    i just installed toy tec 3"lift take a tape measure from the center of the rim on the outside of the tire, and measure from the floor to the bottom of the outside of the wheel well, before i installed it i had 33 3/4 after i installed it i got 37.5 that is a lift of 3 3/4" i am just wondering what other peoples numbers are? please take time to help another tacoma fan!! thanks

2. Oct 23, 2008 at 7:44 PM
    awymore997

awymore997 Quitting is for Quitters

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab TRD OFRD 6 speed
    I dont have hard numbers, but check it again in 500-ish miles and you should see it has settled a little

3. Oct 23, 2008 at 7:49 PM
    SilverTacoma

SilverTacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma dblcab L/B
    stock so far
    i can't wait I am getting a clicking noise on driver side, i know it is the axle, i ordered a diff drop just waiting for that to hope it fix's it

4. Oct 23, 2008 at 7:52 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Did you do the coilover or spacer lift?

5. Oct 24, 2008 at 4:04 AM
    SilverTacoma

SilverTacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma dblcab L/B
    stock so far
    spacers lift

6. Oct 24, 2008 at 8:27 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Good job man i'll check mine later today, however I won't have the before specs.
    38 and 3/4" I have 33s and toytec 3" 884 coils factory Belstien shocks.
    Center of rim to base of fender.

7. Oct 6, 2009 at 7:04 AM
    decrowe

decrowe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    dcinwyo
    casper, wy
    Vehicle:
    2007 tacoma dblcab long box
    air bags on the rear
    I had a similar situation when I had an 2.5" level kit put on the front. it made kinda of rubbing/ticking noise in left front. they put in a diff drop and it still made the noise. however, when i put it 4wd the noise went away. Ihad them remove the kit. a couple month later, I tried a different shop and the same thing. I took it to the Toyota dealership thinking there was some wrong with truck, they told me it was not a compatible aftermarket set up and that it was installed wrong..... I still think there may be something wrong..but the dealership says no. I have thought about trying coil overs in the front, but scared i may end up with the same problem. Sorry can't give you a solution, but sounds like the same issue.... funny thing is I have a dblcab,lb,4wd.... and that is what you have

8. Oct 6, 2009 at 7:24 AM
    Gsquare

Gsquare The G stands for smooth

Member:
    First Name:
    GG
    Lone Star State
    Vehicle:
    2018 - TRD Off Road 4x4 - Cement / Graphite - DCSB
    ReadyLIFT 3/2 Lift Kit, T-Force TRD Black Satin Spoke Wheels, OEM TRD Red/Black Resin Center Wheel Hub Covers, Toyo P285/70R17 Open Country AT's, SpiderTrax 1.25 F/R Wheel Spacers, Blackout Pkg: Tailgate Letters, Badges and Tailpipe Extension, Qi Wireless Charging, LED Bed Lights, Power Tailgate Lock, Shark Running Boards, Weathertech Floor Mats, U.S. Airforce Decal Drivers Side Rear Window, MESO Gasshole Fuel Cap Holder, OEM Trailer Hitch Cap
    Here are my before and after numbers with the Toytec ULK on stock tires and wheels (P265/65R/17):

Front drivers side before:

[​IMG]

Front drivers side after:

[​IMG]

Rear driver side before:

[​IMG]

Rear drivers side after:

[​IMG]

Shots were taken about a month ago. So far, no settling. Rear has the TT long AAL (non TSB) with extended length Billy 5100's.

9. Oct 6, 2009 at 9:42 AM
    PropJet

PropJet Well-Known Member

Member:
    KS
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, Moto Metal 955's, GoodYear DuraTrac 265/75/16's, N-Fab Nerf Bar
    Remember that if your are comparing before / after heights and you installed new tires at the same time as the lift, you need to take into account the difference in tire diameters. For instance, the difference between the BFG Rugged Trails (30.6" diameter, according to the specs on tirerack) that came with the truck, and the Goodyear DuraTracs (31.7") that I just put on is 1.1". However, remember that half of that difference does nothing to raise the fender where you are measuring. Therefore in my case, 0.55" of lift is a direct result of the tires, and not the lift kit.

Products Discussed in

To Top