1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where are you guys installing your amplifiers in a double cab?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 6spd, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Mar 10, 2015 at 5:06 PM
    6spd

6spd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2023 4x4
    looking for suggestions, and advice on installing mine. I have an mtx 4320, and a zed minotaur. medium sized amps, and pretty solid. I can only think of installing them on the back wall behind the driver's side rear seat, by stacking them like a sandwich, but I am open to ideas.

I really dont want to locate them under the front seats, or tear out the bottom rear seat storage. behind the passenger rear seat, will be a box, housing two subs, so the only space I prefer to use is the one adjacent to that box.

2. Mar 10, 2015 at 6:27 PM
    orangeglo

orangeglo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB OR
  3. Mar 12, 2015 at 8:04 AM
    ranger098

ranger098 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Minnesota
    Just be sure you have enough airspace for your subs otherwise they wont sound good.... you mentioned you're putting 2 subs back there. You would probably have better sound with one sub instead of two if you're only using the passenger side of the back wall (i know its 60/40 but still)... youll have less than 1.0 cu. ft. which is probably what one of your subs needs....

4. Mar 12, 2015 at 8:14 AM
    Ariyan

Ariyan Well-Known Member

Member:
    NM
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Sport
    SAS, 40s, and some armor.
    I have mine mounted under the front seats but they are pretty thin…

5. Mar 15, 2015 at 10:22 PM
    Surfer88

Surfer88 I love my Tacoma!

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    '15 Dbl Cab TRD sport
    Pioneer head unit, front and rear speakers, sub box with two ten inch subs behind the rear seat, amplifier under driver seat, remote subwoofer gain control placed inside dashboard storage area, parking brake bypass switch for watching movies in the road placed behind the dashboard at the bottom near the steering column, window tinting throughout.
    I have my five channel amp mounted under the front driver's side seat. Had the option to mount it to the sub box behind the rear passenger seats in my double cab, but I read elsewhere that mounting to the sub box itself was not optimal due to vibration from the subwoofers themselves, and that it would potentially loosen the mounting screws over time. Not sure how much validity there is to that, but overall I'm happy with the current position under the driver's seat only because the amp I have glows blue when powered on and it offers a faint, blue illumination that looks cool during the evening hours.

Products Discussed in

To Top