1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2014 Double cab build up

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Mybigtaco, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Mar 11, 2015 at 3:08 PM
    Mybigtaco

Mybigtaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, AZ
    Vehicle:
    14 PreRunner
    Icon coil-overs, Maxtrac spindles, custom OMD inspired leaf pack,
    It is finally time to replace that factory disgrace they call a radio in the Taco. I figured this might help out some in the future as I have spent several hours tracking down and scratching my head about things. Thanks to the members here that helped me out !! Mr. Marv, shaneckc, Aw9d, and airborneranger.

The line up as it stands today
    *Pioneer AVH-X4600BT head unit
    *Image Dynamics Image Dynamics CTX-6.5cs for the front doors
    *JL Audio G4500 4 channel AMP to the ID's bridged to 2 channels for the ID's
    *JL Audio JX500/1D at 2ohms to a Alpine 10 SWS-1043D
    *rear fill stock speaker off the deck
    *Rammatt for the front doors and rear behind the sub
    *A Metra dash kit that actually fits Thanks shaneckc
    *Rockford Fosgate RFK4D dual Amp kit
    *Axxess AX-TOYUSB-2 USB adapter
    *Mr. Marv speaker adapters
    *Affordable Plug and Play reverse camera adapter for the stock camera on aftermarket head unit.

I started today on the aftermarket Bluetooth mic install. I searched and saw many different ideas. Most look terrible in my opinion as I don't want to see the mic on the A pillar or clipped to the mirror or the many others I saw. I pulled the upper console and decided the factory spot looked best. I simply removed the stock mic and hot clued the new mic to a bolt and that simple a perfect fit with the ability to go back to stock in seconds.

image (17).jpg
    image (18).jpg
    image (19).jpg
    image (20).jpg

2. Mar 15, 2015 at 10:29 PM
    Surfer88

Surfer88 I love my Tacoma!

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    '15 Dbl Cab TRD sport
    Pioneer head unit, front and rear speakers, sub box with two ten inch subs behind the rear seat, amplifier under driver seat, remote subwoofer gain control placed inside dashboard storage area, parking brake bypass switch for watching movies in the road placed behind the dashboard at the bottom near the steering column, window tinting throughout.
    @ Mybigtaco - how is the sound quality of the phone conversations after this aftermarket install. I recently had an aftermarket head unit installed along with an entire swap of my audio system, and the sound from the caller is very low. I need to adjust some things, I'm sure, but as for now it does not sound as clear as the OEM mic setup. We're you able to get a good setup using your head unit? I am using a Pioneer 4000NEX head unit, and the mic is clipped to the roof above the rear view mirror.

Products Discussed in

To Top