LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Aeroforce Technology

Notices

Pics: Mounted Aeroforce Interceptor Guage!

Old 02-15-2010, 05:15 AM   #21
blazze2005 has much to be proud ofblazze2005 has much to be proud ofblazze2005 has much to be proud ofblazze2005 has much to be proud ofblazze2005 has much to be proud ofblazze2005 has much to be proud ofblazze2005 has much to be proud ofblazze2005 has much to be proud ofblazze2005 has much to be proud of

blazze2005's Tacoma Gallery
only one company that makes a driver side pillar pod http://www.gaugepods.com/toyota_t.html

But it's a double pod so youl have to mount some other gauge along with it
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Mounted Aeroforce Interceptor Guage!-lotekpod.jpg  
Old 02-15-2010, 11:23 PM   #22
LoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud of

Name: Jeff
LoHoNas's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^ Uh......two interceptors
Old 06-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #23
jrgutierr is on a distinguished road
jrgutierr's Tacoma Gallery
Aeroforce Interceptor

I used the Lotek dual guage pod for the Interceptor. I used the second slot to mount my GPS unit on a gooseneck adpater. It keeps the GPS off the windshield, and makes it easier for me to access it when I drive. I picked the red display and black face to match the OEM feel. I sprung for the faceplate with the TRD logo.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:57 AM   #24
forcefedjunkie is on a distinguished road
Name: Todd
forcefedjunkie's Tacoma Gallery
That looks nice!

Todd
Old 02-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #26
schwegs89 is on a distinguished road

Army: PFC 114th Infantry Charlie Company
Name: Adam
schwegs89's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys my cousin bought two of these for his srt4 caliber and man are they sweet!!! I have a 2012 4x4 Reg Cab Auto Tacoma and would it be pointless for me to get these? I mean he has his set to check rpm boost intake temp which I have no turbo no aftermarket intake n alrady have a rpm gauge. I do really like the look but can they measure something that will be useful to me or am I buying them because they look pretty lol. They are a very good looking and useful item but I think for a worked up manual car/truck not a base model 4x4 auto tacoma like mine lol inputs will be greatly appriciated I guess I'd like to get reason or get talked into buying these so I dont feel like im wasting my money haha because there isnt much performance products out for my truck right now.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #27
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I like it. It does have MPG readouts (though it's just instantaneous). I also use the fuel injector cycle (tells how many ms out of 20 the injectors are firing). I've set an alarm that lights when my RPMs go above 2300. It's a helpful reminder for saving gas.

I would double check in the Aeroforce vendor section to ensure it works correctly on your year truck.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #28
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwegs89 View Post
Hey guys my cousin bought two of these for his srt4 caliber and man are they sweet!!! I have a 2012 4x4 Reg Cab Auto Tacoma and would it be pointless for me to get these? I mean he has his set to check rpm boost intake temp which I have no turbo no aftermarket intake n alrady have a rpm gauge. I do really like the look but can they measure something that will be useful to me or am I buying them because they look pretty lol. They are a very good looking and useful item but I think for a worked up manual car/truck not a base model 4x4 auto tacoma like mine lol inputs will be greatly appriciated I guess I'd like to get reason or get talked into buying these so I dont feel like im wasting my money haha because there isnt much performance products out for my truck right now.
It will support the following:

1. INTAKE AIR- Intake Air Temperature
2. COOLANT TEMP- Engine Coolant Temperature
3. AT TEMP 1- Primary Transmission Temperature (gas powered automatics)**
4. AT TEMP 2 – Secondary Transmission Temperature (trucks).**
5. AT TEMP 3 – Primary Transmission Temperature for 1.8L engines (automatic only)**
5. AT TEMP 4 – Primary Transmission temp for 2009+ trucks
6. AT TEMP 5 – Secondary Transmission temp for 2009+ trucks
7. RPM- engine Revolutions Per Minute
8. MAF SENSOR LB/M- Mass Air Flow (lbs/min)
9. MISFIRES
10. INJECTOR PULSE WIDTH
11. INJECTOR DUTY CYCLE – 0-100%
12. MAP PRESSURE – kPa
13. BOOST/VACUUM – inHg vacuum/ psi boost
14. THROTTLE POS PCT- Throttle Position percentage (0-100%)
15. MILES PER HOUR- Miles Per Hour
16. KNOCK FEEDBACK- Knock Retard (degrees)
17. KNOCK CORRECTION LEARNED VALUE – timing correction based on long term knock values.
18. IGNITION ADVANCE- ignition timing advance
19. SHORT TRIM B1-short term fuel trim bank#1
20. SHORT TRIM B2-short term fuel trim bank#2
21. LONG TRIM B1-long term fuel trim bank#1
22. LONG TRIM B2-long term fuel trim bank#2
23. COMMANDED EQ RATIO – Commanded Equivalency ratio
24. A/F RATIO – Wideband O2 sensor displayed as Air/Fuel ratio*
25. BATTERY VOLTAGE- Alternator/battery output voltage
26. ENGINE LOAD-calculated Engine Load (0-100%)
27. Miles Per Gallon – instantaneous fuel economy
28. Calculated net horsepower
29. Analog 1 – analog input #1
30. Analog 2 – analog input #2

The analogs will allow you to add additional sensors not offered by the factory . I have not tried these on a 2012 yet, shoot me an email at sales@aeroforcetech.com and we can work something out for you to verify they will support trans temp before buying. This seems to be what everyone wants on their auto. We're the only ones that offer enhanced support on the OBD2 gauges.

Todd
Old 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM   #29
knine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 4th Fighter Wing
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
Does this work for the 2012? Average Miles per gallon? Tacoma gauge pods? Thanks
Old 04-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #30
Quote:
Originally Posted by knine00 View Post
Does this work for the 2012? Average Miles per gallon? Tacoma gauge pods? Thanks
We haven't tried a 2012 yet, not heard from anyone who has. If you want to try one to verify write me at sales@aeroforcetech.com.

We don't carry pods specific for the Tacoma but there has been a lot of posts in these forums about gauge mounting solutions, and a lot of good looking results.

Todd
Old 04-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #31
knine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 4th Fighter Wing
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
Email sent!
Old 05-25-2012, 12:38 PM   #32
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefedjunkie View Post
It will support the following:

10. INJECTOR PULSE WIDTH

Todd
Todd, I have a question about the Injector Pulse Width. Some say that our trucks have an automatic fuel cutoff when coasting in gear above a certain rpm. However, I never see the Injector pulse width at 0 unless the engine is off. My truck will indicate a higher mpg result when coasting in neutral vs coasting in gear (I have a 2007 V6 Manual).

The gauge usually indicates 1.9ms-2.0ms when coasting in gear or 2.0ms-2.1ms when coasting in neutral. I have seen it drop to about 1.6ms when shifting gears.

Is this telling me that my truck never actually goes into fuel shutoff? Seems to me it indicates that the injectors are still delivering fuel 9-10% of the 20ms sample period. Would that be the correct interpretation of this parameter?
Old 05-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #33
2012 parameters including transmission temps all work.

Todd
Old 05-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
Todd, I have a question about the Injector Pulse Width. Some say that our trucks have an automatic fuel cutoff when coasting in gear above a certain rpm. However, I never see the Injector pulse width at 0 unless the engine is off. My truck will indicate a higher mpg result when coasting in neutral vs coasting in gear (I have a 2007 V6 Manual).

The gauge usually indicates 1.9ms-2.0ms when coasting in gear or 2.0ms-2.1ms when coasting in neutral. I have seen it drop to about 1.6ms when shifting gears.

Is this telling me that my truck never actually goes into fuel shutoff? Seems to me it indicates that the injectors are still delivering fuel 9-10% of the 20ms sample period. Would that be the correct interpretation of this parameter?
I would conclude the same thing.

Todd
Old 07-31-2012, 11:35 AM   #36
It works great, and will will work with just about all wideband kits including the Aeroforce wideband of course. Just connect the analog output of the controller to one of the Interceptor's 2 analog inputs.

Todd
Old 10-19-2012, 06:41 AM   #37
www.okledlightbars.com
zilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
zilla68's Tacoma Gallery
I need one of these for my 1996 7.3 powerstroke!!
Old 12-08-2012, 06:37 AM   #38
2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2chains's Tacoma Gallery
really interested in the interceptor, is this compatible with 2010 TRD? I wouldn't really be called an expert with electrical stuff, can anyone chime in on what is involved with hook up?
Old 12-08-2012, 07:07 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2chains View Post
really interested in the interceptor, is this compatible with 2010 TRD? I wouldn't really be called an expert with electrical stuff, can anyone chime in on what is involved with hook up?
It's super easy. It just plugs into the ODBII port.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #40
2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2chains's Tacoma Gallery
really like the looks and function of these gauges, sounds like I could handle that install, looking @ dual gauge setup for my 2010 4.0l. Any idea if these ever come up for group buy?