Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Aeroforce Technology

Notices

Pics: Mounted Aeroforce Interceptor Guage!

Old 01-23-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Pics: Mounted Aeroforce Interceptor Guage!

Pictures of how I installed the Aeroforce Gauge, great mounting position for 2wd Tacomas since 4wd have the 4wd switch there. I painted the bezel to match the surroundings of the cluster.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:10 PM   #3
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
why is your shifter different? and your cup holder on the right??? I'm confused....
Old 01-23-2010, 01:11 PM   #4
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
because its a regular cab model and I changed the shifter knob with a leather one.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:13 PM   #5
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
I thinks it bc he has a single cab...
Old 01-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #6
blazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blazze2005's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome install...Very clean Does anybody know if you can get that gauge with Red LED instead of blue?

Thanks for any info...
Old 01-25-2010, 01:44 AM   #7
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazze2005 View Post
Awesome install...Very clean Does anybody know if you can get that gauge with Red LED instead of blue?

Thanks for any info...
Yes you can!
Old 01-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #8
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, I've received some questions about how I mounted the gauge so here are a couple of more pictures and a few details of how its mounted.

Below is a picture of the trim piece where I mounted the gauge, this part snaps into the A/C vents bezel and can be easily pulled out, if you have trouble pulling it out simply (carefully) drill a small hole in the middle then insert an L shaped allen key into the hole and pull out the trim. (Obviously it dosen't matter that you drilled a hole since you will be enlarging it to put the gauge in it)

As you may have noticed the hole is nowhere near a perfect circle, but it doesn't matter since the gauge bezel is bigger than the body, but when you are making the hole enlarge it little by little and take your time so you don't make it too large, mine is a tight fit, enough that I can push the gauge into it with a little force so the gauge stays in place. If by some reason you make the hole too large, you can use a worm-gear clamp on the back so the gauge won't move forward.

The trim, is not perfectly flat so there will be a small gap between the bezel and the trim:

The gap is bigger on the bottom than on the top (there is barely a gap on the top) but trust me when I say that once the gauge is completly mounted you won't notice anything (look at the right side of the picture above (top side of the trim) and look at the left side of the picture (lower side of the trim)), but if you are a bit anal about it you can buy a 50mm black o-ring and put it behind the bezel, so once the gauge is mounted the o-ring will contour to the surface.

To make the hole I used a dremel with the drum sanding mandrel and as a template I used a round cardboard piece that is on the packaging of the gauge:

This cardboard piece is a bit bigger that the gauge body so don't make the hole exactly that size, make it smaller to ensure a tight fit of the gauge in the trim. Notice that I placed the cardboard piece so it dosen't affect any of the mounting tabs of the trim piece. Also don't place it to low or to high because as I mentioned before the gauge bezel is bigger than the body, so if you make the hole to low or to high the bezel will extend out of the trim piece.

BTW I'm not responsible if you screw up, but if you do, this trim piece is cheap! just buy another one and do it again! and most importantly taaaaaakeeeeeee yooooour timeeee.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:38 AM   #10
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Nice install I like it.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #12
blazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here's mine...I will take more pics tomorrow after I install it back into the truck

epa4wd should take all the credit for this one!

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Mounted Aeroforce Interceptor Guage!-003.jpg   Pics: Mounted Aeroforce Interceptor Guage!-004.jpg   Pics: Mounted Aeroforce Interceptor Guage!-picture.jpg  
Old 02-13-2010, 08:32 PM   #13
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
awesome! looks like you did a better job than me making the hole.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #14

Finished The Install Today!

Here's the day time photo's of the Interceptor installed...

I'm really happy with the way the install came out Check out how good the Red LED's match with the red clock lights on the radio

I will shoot a couple of night time photos tonight

Praying for the trans temp fix to be available soon
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Mounted Aeroforce Interceptor Guage!-002.jpg   Pics: Mounted Aeroforce Interceptor Guage!-001.jpg   Pics: Mounted Aeroforce Interceptor Guage!-003.jpg  
Old 02-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #16
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycumulus View Post
wow this is really cool.. never even heard of it. Was it hard to install? i like that this can be installed cleaner than a scangauge ...
its very simple just plug in to the gauge and to the OBD port that it!, Menu of the gauge is very easy to navigate just two buttons one works as scroll the other as select/enter.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:37 PM   #18
forcefedjunkie is on a distinguished road
Name: Todd
forcefedjunkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazze2005 View Post
Here's the day time photo's of the Interceptor installed...

I'm really happy with the way the install came out Check out how good the Red LED's match with the red clock lights on the radio

I will shoot a couple of night time photos tonight

Praying for the trans temp fix to be available soon
That looks really nice!

Todd
Old 02-14-2010, 07:42 PM   #19
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 07:55 PM   #20
LoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud of

Name: Jeff
LoHoNas's Tacoma Gallery
Yep.....got to have one. Any ideas on where to put it. I have a very expensive switch it that particular location. Any pics of a gauge pod or somthing?