Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Alaska

Notices

Alaska

Old 07-17-2012, 04:56 AM   #221
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
Lots of fish today! Count on the Kenai was 120k if I remember correctly. Got up here yesterday and was down at the river this morning. Got my limit in about 30 minutes and
Our group of 6 had limits within 2 hours.

Also with the talk of King season in the Kenai shutting down this year, the commercial fleet will be forced to slow down, which could create huge numbers of sockeye, which could potentially lead to a 12 fish limit within the next two weeks.

Pictures tomorrow, alls I took today for the girlfriend back home was the cleaning table with a couple fillets and the combatters lined up.
We caught almost 1300 Tuesday!!! They've been opening up large portions of the fishing area to commercial due to high count getting upstream - 10k per hour was last count! A guy I met today said he caught his first two in 30 minutes then the next took 90. lolol

Where along the Kinei are you fishing? We offloaded today at Snugg Harbor, and the amount of dip-netters still out at 11pm was nuts. Post pics, and good luck fishing tomorrow!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:22 AM   #222
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Snug harbor....always makes me giggle.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #223
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Fishing just north of Soldotna bridge. I had my 3 yesterday in less than 10 minutes. Firs one on the first cast, second one on the third cast. A lot of fish yesterday, slowed down way today so were headed upriver and probably to Homer for the nice weather. Forecast for fishies tomorrow looks promising!
Old 07-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #225
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No more King fishing, those are the set betters who got shut down to low king numbers. They're just upset because other commercial fisherman like driftnetters didn't get shut down. Limit is up to 6 since Saturday, today we got 42, 7 fisherman. I would have taken some pictures but fish and wildlife was keeping an eye on us, so we try not to flaunt in front of them.

On another note, white extended cab, front plate bumper, snorkel, Satostoshi... Good looking truck..
Old 07-24-2012, 01:25 AM   #226
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
On another note, white extended cab, front plate bumper, snorkel, Satostoshi... Good looking truck..
Very good looking truck indeed. It passed me on a blind corner coming back from Seward last night. It'd be a shame if it got into an accident and injured/killed the passengers of it and any other car involved.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #227
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
That truck lives just down the street from me, 16 year old named tanner who has got a good head on his shoulders. Cool family. His dad helped him
And his brother rebuild wrecked tacomas so they have two sweet builds.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:22 PM   #229
Superior Member

Nice catch! I'm headed to anchorage airport right now with 16 50lb fish boxes in the bed of the truck. We did good this year..
Old 07-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #231
Pingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to behold

Pingo's Tacoma Gallery
Starting my drive up to fairbanks tomorrow morning. Leaving from Portland. This will be my third time making the trip. It'll be a good first test for my OME parts!
Old 08-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #232
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingo View Post
Starting my drive up to fairbanks tomorrow morning. Leaving from Portland. This will be my third time making the trip. It'll be a good first test for my OME parts!
Well? Any update on your journey?
Old 08-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #233
Pingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to behold

Pingo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
Well? Any update on your journey?
I made it! haha. Was going to make a thread with some pics and info but still unpacking and getting settled. Left Portland and drove 2410 miles in exactly 48 hours. I was on a mission to get up here as soon as possible with as little stops/downtime. I slept from about 3-5am both nights. Made it without any trouble other than my bank shutting off my card even though I called them to tell them I'd be traveling through canada. Of course they call you to verify it's you using it, however I didn't have any cell service...

All said and done though I love the drive and really want to do it a 4th time but without so much stuff. I'd really like to take my time and camp/explore over the course of a week or so.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #234

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! I'm glad you made it in one piece. I wish I could make the drive that few times in my life, it looks like a blast. On a different topic, did you do those retros yourself? They look great. I want to do the same to mine.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #235

Pingo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
Awesome! I'm glad you made it in one piece. I wish I could make the drive that few times in my life, it looks like a blast. On a different topic, did you do those retros yourself? They look great. I want to do the same to mine.
How many times have you made the drive??

Ty! I did do them myself. I would definitely suggest you do them. They are by far my favorite mod I've done to my truck, however my suspension may be giving them a run for their money considering how terrible it was before. If I were to do them again I would do the fx-r's and not the mini d2's.

They were surprisingly easy especially if you buy new headlight housings so you can just take your time and not have downtime for your truck. I get compliments on them all the time and they played a huge part for me to be able to haul ass through the yukon in the dark like I was. Also if/when you do them, make sure you have patience and wait a day after sealing them back up. I did not and when I turned them on for the first time the projector melted a little bit of the headlight housing because the plastic wasn't fully dried I guess. But you can't tell unless you are up close and it only sprays a little light up to the right, which actually tends to go directly on road signs so it worked out sort of perfect haha.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #236

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Oh I have never driven the Alcan. I just hope I get the chance to do it in the future. And thanks for the tips on the retros, I may have to do that sooner than expected. And I do think I'll be buying a new set of light assemblies as well.