Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Alaska

Notices

Drunken Russian Roulette, thoughts?

Old 03-08-2011, 06:38 AM   #1
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Drunken Russian Roulette, thoughts?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41962742...me_and_courts/

I agree with the him being held, but at the same time...I'm not sure. What do you guys think?
Old 03-08-2011, 06:41 AM   #3
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
He needs to be punched in the face for being a moron.
I definitely agree with that!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:43 AM   #4
"The Emblem of a Free Man is a Gun"
Ccwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Chris
Ccwahoo's Tacoma Gallery
people act stupid when drunk, but this guy didn't pull the trigger
Old 03-08-2011, 06:46 AM   #5

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccwahoo View Post
people act stupid when drunk, but this guy didn't pull the trigger
Thats the thing, but he gave the guy the gun and the bullet...its an edgy thing for sure.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:48 AM   #6
"The Emblem of a Free Man is a Gun"
Ccwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Chris
Ccwahoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron1mcc View Post
Thats the thing, but he gave the guy the gun and the bullet...its an edgy thing for sure.
yeah I guess just chalk it up to them both being eat up with the dumbass
Old 03-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #7

Law Enforcement:
I definitely think they both had/have issues.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't want to go drinking with that guy... I've got mixed feelings on it, I could make an argument either way. I think he should be charged with something having to do with mishandling the firearm but not murder.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:14 AM   #9

Law Enforcement:
I would say that the least is misconduct involving a firearm. But I'm sure you can get charged with assisted suicide as well...I find it odd however that the Army doesn't seem involved with the charges (at least nothing in the article about that), would they charge him after the state does or would that constitute a double jeopardy situation?
Old 03-08-2011, 10:53 AM   #10
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron1mcc View Post
I would say that the least is misconduct involving a firearm. But I'm sure you can get charged with assisted suicide as well...I find it odd however that the Army doesn't seem involved with the charges (at least nothing in the article about that), would they charge him after the state does or would that constitute a double jeopardy situation?
There is no such thing as "double jeopardy" that bridges the gap between the civil/criminal and the UCMJ "jurisdictions."

Prime example of this is a DUI- You can get charged/convicted of DUI and go to jail/pay fines/etc and still be masted for it. You can also still be punished even if the civilian criminal charges are dropped.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:00 AM   #11
Tacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacoma831's Tacoma Gallery
Natural selection.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #12
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
TacoTabe's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like bullshit that the dude is getting charged with 2nd degree murder. They dont charge gun stores with murder for selling guns to people who kill themselves or other- why this guy? I wonder if hes being made an example of...

On another note, I read somewhere that the weight of a bullet causes the wheel to stop with the bullet 'at the bottom' far more often than anywhere else, resulting in very low chances of actually shooting yourself in Russian Roulette... Perhaps this isnt true though
Old 03-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #13
gpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
gpend5.7sport's Tacoma Gallery
i say 5 years for being irresponsible with a firearm, there is a reason we use those in wars they are very good at killing things so one in the hands of an idiot like those two deserves punishment, he does not deserve a slap on the wrist for his stupidity he deserves jail time to get it through his dumbass head. bookem
Old 03-08-2011, 05:27 PM   #14

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
There is no such thing as "double jeopardy" that bridges the gap between the civil/criminal and the UCMJ "jurisdictions."

Prime example of this is a DUI- You can get charged/convicted of DUI and go to jail/pay fines/etc and still be masted for it. You can also still be punished even if the civilian criminal charges are dropped.
I was thinking the same thing, just wasn't sure in this case.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #15
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Murder? No.

Extreme stupidity? Yes.

Idiot deserves to be punished, but not for murder. Anyone who has half a brain knows never to point a firearm at anything unless you plan on killing it.

Guns and alcohol do not mix.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #16
Pingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to behold

Pingo's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think he should be charged with murder... Assisting in suicide, or weapon misconduct, or a combination of both sounds more reasonable. Drunk or not he should be held accountable for how he acts with a firearm. Playing Russian roulette is completely stupid and he deserves to be held somewhat responsible. For the people who think he shouldn't be charged with anything and making comparisons to letting a friend borrow a car and running over someone or a gun store being held responsible; It was his gun his bullet both of which he handed to his friend fully knowing that he was planning on playing russian roulette. The fact that he is a soldier in my opinion only makes him more responsible and should be held more accountable.