Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Alaska

Notices

Ask an Alaskan...

Old 03-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
TAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Charles
TAKoma907's Tacoma Gallery
Ask an Alaskan...

I just read a thread called "Ask a Canadien..." and "Ask a Girl" has been going pretty strong. I think this would be a great oppertunity to start a thread that myself and fellow Alaskans can use to answer all of your questions to help prevent newcomers, and vacationers from looking stupid when they arrive. And... Yes, we are apart of the United States.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
boom! right off the bat - general alaskan feelings toward sarah palin?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to be moving up to fairbanks in a couple years. What is their to do in the town?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
TAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
boom! right off the bat - general alaskan feelings toward sarah palin?
Sarah Palin sucks. Lot's of people liked her untill she ran for president, then everyone realized how much of a retard she was. Not alot of Palin love up here. And nope... you can't see Russia from her house. Not even with a telescope.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:36 PM   #5
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKoma907 View Post
. . . And nope... you can't see Russia from her house. Not even with a telescope.
yeah she said that on her show lol.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
I'm going to be moving up to fairbanks in a couple years. What is their to do in the town?

Fairbanks is one of my favorite places. It has a couple Millitary bases and a University, so there are quite a few young people in town. Lots of places to wheeling. Summers are amazing. Sunny and seventy almost everyday. Its the winters that are harsh. 40 below zero temps and pitch black darkness. You'll most def want a block heater on your Taco.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:38 PM   #7

Quote:
yeah she said that on her show lol.
Haha haven't even seen her show. Shes not worth the time.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #8
I'm a zit. Get it?

you ever been to that chocolate factory in anchorage? i went to alaska when i was like 13 and i remember how bad ass that place was.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #9
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Fairbanks is one of my favorite places. It has a couple Millitary bases and a University, so there are quite a few young people in town. Lots of places to wheeling. Summers are amazing. Sunny and seventy almost everyday. Its the winters that are harsh. 40 below zero temps and pitch black darkness. You'll most def want a block heater on your Taco.
alot of stuff to do for a 22 year old?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:41 PM   #10
Tommy Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Mitch
Tommy Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What's the average temperature summer and winter up there?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #11

Quote:
you ever been to that chocolate factory in anchorage? i went to alaska when i was like 13 and i remember how bad ass that place was.
Do you remember what it was called?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #12
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
What's the best place to see bears in July/Aug within an hour or two of Anchorage? My wife and I flew up to Anchorage to get married last year without ever being there before. We had a great time, went down to Whittier, had a great dinner at Orso in downtown Anchorage but we regret not seeing bears. We thought about Denali but decided not to since it would have been hard to get there and back in a day and we paid for a condo for a week and didn't want to pay more for a hotel up in/by Denali.

So...anywhere with a high probablity of bears in southern Alaska?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #13

Quote:
alot of stuff to do for a 22 year old?
Oh hell yeah, its a college town so there will be tons of people your age. Probably one of the best places to be in Alaska for that age group. especially if you love the outdoors. Hiking, fishing, camping, 4 wheeling, snowmachining, hunting, skiing, etc.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Tacoma View Post
What's the average temperature summer and winter up there?

Where I live in Seward, it averages about 25 in the winter and 65 in the summer.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
What's the best place to see bears in July/Aug within an hour or two of Anchorage? My wife and I flew up to Anchorage to get married last year without ever being there before. We had a great time, went down to Whittier, had a great dinner at Orso in downtown Anchorage but we regret not seeing bears. We thought about Denali but decided not to since it would have been hard to get there and back in a day and we paid for a condo for a week and didn't want to pay more for a hotel up in/by Denali.

So...anywhere with a high probablity of bears in southern Alaska?

I always see bears at Exit Glacier in Seward. (about 80 miles south of Whittier) Mostly Black bears. I have seen several brown bears there as well as moose. No garuantees though. BTW Orsos rocks. And I bet the Whittier wedding was beautiful. Did you manage to find a non rainy day there?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #16

Quote:
Oh hell yeah, its a college town so there will be tons of people your age. Probably one of the best places to be in Alaska for that age group. especially if you love the outdoors. Hiking, fishing, camping, 4 wheeling, snowmachining, hunting, skiing, etc.
All that is my life haha, Well when i get up there i'll have to hook up with you and take the Tacoma's for a trip
Old 03-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #17

Quote:
All that is my life haha, Well when i get up there i'll have to hook up with you and take the Tacoma's for a trip
For sure man! I live like 480 miles south of Fairbanks now, but I'm always down for a roadtrip!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #18

Quote:
For sure man! I live like 480 miles south of Fairbanks now, but I'm always down for a roadtrip!

We'll meet half way

Thanks for the help man,

Phil
Old 03-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #19
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I always see bears at Exit Glacier in Seward. (about 80 miles south of Whittier) Mostly Black bears. I have seen several brown bears there as well as moose. No garuantees though. BTW Orsos rocks. And I bet the Whittier wedding was beautiful. Did you manage to find a non rainy day there?
Actually Whittier was for the glacier cruise, which was awesome. We knew literally nothing about where we were going to get married when we went up there, but we ended up finding bird point just south of Anchorage and got married at the little pavillion up on the rocks right on cook inlet. It was overcast but not too bad. The view made up for it. The day cruise out of Whittier was perfect weather - bright and sunny, about 65. We can't wait to go back.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #20
I'm a zit. Get it?

fuck yeah, seward! i've been there