LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Alaska

Notices

Alaskan truck group

Old 12-08-2011, 07:44 PM   #21
ruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Russ
ruslanus's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking for a job in Anchorage, if I get one, I will be moving there. Definitely will keep an eye on this thread plus already Liked the Facebook page.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:07 PM   #22
AKTACO420 will become famous soon enough

Name: RETODD
AKTACO420's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in but I don't have a face book
Old 12-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #23
Oldie but a Goodie
Russellstiltskin is on a distinguished road

Name: Russtifer
Russellstiltskin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslanus View Post
I'm looking for a job in Anchorage, if I get one, I will be moving there. Definitely will keep an eye on this thread plus already Liked the Facebook page.
Another Russ. Excellent
Old 12-27-2011, 05:31 AM   #24
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Any of u guys in Kodiak
Old 12-30-2011, 03:51 PM   #25
akmike907 is on a distinguished road
Army: 509th Infantry battalion
Name: Mike
akmike907's Tacoma Gallery
im in!

just let me know were and when to meet
Old 12-30-2011, 08:02 PM   #26
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Another Mike. Excellent.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #27
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Why not throw a link of the facebook group up here? Is it still active? I found a cached view of the facebook page but that was it...

http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=Ala...25585,12062796
Old 01-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #28
ruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Quote:
Another Russ. Excellent
Haha, not yet, I still have to make it up there. Looks like I will be traveling in mid-March. Right now I'm getting ready for the trip, got the block heater on the way, looking for a good all around tire that would work well on asphalt and snow. So far it looks like the Michelin LTX M/S 2 could literally walk on water. What do you guys use in Alaska?
Old 01-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #29
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
If you'll be here a while, getting a set of studded winter tires is best. As far as all terrains for winter/summer, I am not sure. Lots of people run BFG A/T. My Cooper Discoverer A/T's seem like they would do well on snow/ice but I have not tested them because I have a set of studded tires.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #30
AKTACO420 will become famous soon enough

Name: RETODD
AKTACO420's Tacoma Gallery
I have studless snow tires and have no problem driving on ice or snow. They also will do good on dry pavement.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #31

Marines:
I would love to have two sets: summer and winter. First I can't afford two sets right now and, Second, I don't have the room on my truck to carry second set with me. I am moving in March and will NOT be pulling a trailer. We are selling 99% of our belongings. Hopefully I can find a used camper shell and what ever fits in the back of my truck will be it. So I guess an all season set will have to do for now.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #32
Shake and Bake
4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jefferson
4wd Boss's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot5r View Post
I'm in!

Damn i want those rims and tires!!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #33
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would love to have two sets: summer and winter. First I can't afford two sets right now and, Second, I don't have the room on my truck to carry second set with me. I am moving in March and will NOT be pulling a trailer. We are selling 99% of our belongings. Hopefully I can find a used camper shell and what ever fits in the back of my truck will be it. So I guess an all season set will have to do for now.
All Seasons work pretty well, just give yourself lots of stopping distance on ice or when close to an intersection (ice too!) stay in 4wd and downshift of you feel you need too. All seasons will handle just fine IF you don't try stupid things.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #34

Marines:
I'd like to think I grew out of doing or trying stupid things (most of the time), so I should be good. I'm looking forward to the drive, I'll try and take as many pictures as I can, but for the most part I will be concentrating of putting as many miles a day behind me as I can. Always wanted to visit Alaska and now I will live there. I'm pretty excited.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:05 AM   #35

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
I believe Blizzak makes a studless winter tire that does amazing up here. Down side is they wear pretty fast if you use them on pavement a lot. But as others have said, most all terrain tires will do fine as long as you give yourself enough room to stop and know how to downshift properly. Basically, don't drive like a moron and you will be fine
Old 01-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #36

Marines:
Yeah, that's the problem. I will be driving the first 1,000 miles on pavement and then will hit the snow. So, I need all seasons
Old 01-31-2012, 12:49 PM   #37
AKtoyTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAKtoyTaco has a spectacular aura aboutAKtoyTaco has a spectacular aura about
Name: Adam
AKtoyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I've got Duratracs studded on both my trucks for winter and they are awesome. In hind sight, I think they would still be almost nearly as good w/o studs though. If I was going to do it over again & just have one set of tires it would definitely be the Duratracs.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:52 AM   #38
Oldie but a Goodie

Yea, the "to stud or not to stud" question for you is odd because on the one hand, you'll want good winter grip in march on your way up. But, on the other, your getting here damn near spring, and they'll ticket you (though rare) for running studs after April 1st. BUT, you will get away with a warning I'm sure, since you'll be new. Where in AK are you moving to? As for tires, I run studded 285s, but got DAMN lucky - only paid $160 for a set of brand new studded m/t's. I could NOT pass up that deal.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:54 AM   #39
Oldie but a Goodie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wd Boss View Post
Damn i want those rims and tires!!
I 2nd that emotion.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:22 AM   #40
Chief Pal Guy -- NOT Sir
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'd like to think I grew out of doing or trying stupid things (most of the time), so I should be good. I'm looking forward to the drive, I'll try and take as many pictures as I can, but for the most part I will be concentrating of putting as many miles a day behind me as I can. Always wanted to visit Alaska and now I will live there. I'm pretty excited.
You should check out this thread if you haven't already: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ve-2011-a.html

Products Discussed in this Thread