Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Alaska

Notices

Alaskan truck group

Old 02-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #41
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellstiltskin View Post
Yea, the "to stud or not to stud" question for you is odd because on the one hand, you'll want good winter grip in march on your way up. But, on the other, your getting here damn near spring, and they'll ticket you (though rare) for running studs after April 1st. BUT, you will get away with a warning I'm sure, since you'll be new. Where in AK are you moving to? As for tires, I run studded 285s, but got DAMN lucky - only paid $160 for a set of brand new studded m/t's. I could NOT pass up that deal.
Mind sharing how you got that deal!!!??? Please??

Old 02-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #42
ruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Russ
ruslanus's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone in AK runs Michelin's LTX M/S 2? Just wondering how they hold up in there
Old 02-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #43
Oldie but a Goodie
Russellstiltskin is on a distinguished road

Name: Russtifer
Russellstiltskin's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowroxKT View Post

Craigslist add. The guy had them on one winter, on his ford truck, in Girdwood. I had to take the drive down there, not expecting much but could not BELIEVE he only wanted $160 for all 4!! They were practically new and in excellent shape! Won the lotto on that deal! I've had them on all winter and not a single problem!
Old 02-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #44
Oldie but a Goodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslanus View Post
Anyone in AK runs Michelin's LTX M/S 2? Just wondering how they hold up in there
Couldn't tell you. I have no idea. I honestly prefer running studs in winter because I feel like that way I have two sets of tires lasting longer since they each run half the year.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:09 AM   #45
Oldie but a Goodie

Quote:

I guess I should have been more specific. Not "brand new", but damn near it.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #46
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Well still, thats about the cost of one new tire!
Old 02-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #47
Chief Pal Guy -- NOT Sir
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well still, thats about the cost of one new tire!
On base they're $213 each...Muffler City quoted me a "sale" price of $237 each on Wednesday morning.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:01 AM   #49
Airborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Tim
Airborne09's Tacoma Gallery
As soon as I get back from this deployment here, I will definately be down to tear up some trails in AK
Old 02-13-2012, 12:29 AM   #50
Oldie but a Goodie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne09 View Post
As soon as I get back from this deployment here, I will definately be down to tear up some trails in AK
Hurry home, bud!
Old 02-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #51
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Saw you at Costco on diamond a few weeks ago. My wife had to wipe the drool away from my mouth. Nicely done sir. I will be the ying to your yang though. Goin' all out with the Stormtrooper mods this summer. Or whenever its not too cold to paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot5r View Post
I'm in!

Old 02-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #52
slingshot5r is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: Matt
slingshot5r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Saw you at Costco on diamond a few weeks ago. My wife had to wipe the drool away from my mouth. Nicely done sir. I will be the ying to your yang though. Goin' all out with the Stormtrooper mods this summer. Or whenever its not too cold to paint.
thanks. how many scratches were on it? haha unfortunately i made the mistake of letting my wife drive it while im deployed. im going to have to repaint when i get back.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #53
Oldie but a Goodie

Funny. I think I saw Slingshot parked at Alyeska Tuesday last week. I THINK. And does anyone know the "Hawaiian" Tacoma I see from time to time? It's a purrrrrty truck.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #54
Oldie but a Goodie

By the way- did you guys that started the facebook truck group close out and delete the page?? I can't seem to find the group on my facebook list anymore.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:02 AM   #55
Airborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Quote:
I'm in!

Your in 3/509th aren't you?
Old 02-26-2012, 05:04 AM   #56
Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellstiltskin View Post
Hurry home, bud!
Haha, working on it.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:07 AM   #57

Army:
Quote:
Your in 3/509th aren't you?
Yeah 509th. Dog Company Mortars
Old 02-28-2012, 01:25 AM   #58
Army:
Quote:
Yeah 509th. Dog Company Mortars
Thought so. I always saw your truck driving around on post, and parked over at the 509th HQ.
I'm the guy with the Silver '08 Yota with black wheels, that's always parked by PFAR.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:45 AM   #59

Army:
Quote:
Thought so. I always saw your truck driving around on post, and parked over at the 509th HQ.
I'm the guy with the Silver '08 Yota with black wheels, that's always parked by PFAR.
ok yeah i know which one. your truck is sick
Old 02-28-2012, 03:01 AM   #60
Army:
Quote:
ok yeah i know which one. your truck is sick
Thanks man. I'm putting a new lift and tires on it once we get back from this deployment so it will sit just a little bit higher.