1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Snow blower recommendations

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Tmill, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Nov 17, 2011 at 10:22 PM
    Tmill

Tmill [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Florida Panhandle
    Vehicle:
    07 Sport Black DCLB
    I moved up here this summer and am trying to decide what type/size blower to get. I live on the Elmendorf, talked with the guys at Lowes who recommended their cheaper two-stage blowers. I have a driveway that could fit three cars across and one deep. Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Nov 18, 2011 at 4:46 PM
    Tlatz

Tlatz Member

Member:
    AK
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco SR5
    Check out craigslist!! Get the biggest one that you can afford to avoid as much shoveling as possible. If you want to go real big call Yukon Equipment they sell them up to 3000 ton an hour. That is what we use in Northern Southeast AK.
    :)

Seriously something that has reliable power(honda) and throws snow the furthest. Just my opinion!
    T

3. Nov 18, 2011 at 4:51 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    I bought my dad a two stage one from Lowes a couple of years ago. It has electric start, self propelled works great. Avoid a single stage as they can't throw it far enough, at least for me. Knowing he is not out there killing himself shoveling before I can get there is great. His driveway is about 2 1/2 - 3 cars long and wide enough for 2 wide. He tried a neighbors 2 stage and it could not throw the snow over the berms on the side of the driveway. The 2 stage could probably hit the neighbors house if he aimed it there. :laugh:

4. Nov 18, 2011 at 4:54 PM
    coloradotacoma

coloradotacoma Well-Known Member

Member:

I have had a Husqvarna for about 8 years. I choose it because it had the highest number of hp/inch (29 inches 10.5 hp tecumseh snow king engine) of any available and didn't break the bank. I live at 7000 feet outside denver and we get hit pretty hard here, couple feet at a time, sometimes very wet snow. I have a 400' long driveway and its 3 cars wide by the house for the first 30' or so. It does amazingly well in any depth snow dry or wet. I would highly recommend it, all metal build except for the control panel. Cost about $1000 delivered to my house from Northern Tool. Toro's are great too but usually about twice the cost and they use a lot more plastic.

Products Discussed in

To Top