Notices

Snow blower recommendations

Old 11-17-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
Tmill will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Aviator
Name: Tyler
Tmill's Tacoma Gallery
Snow blower recommendations

I moved up here this summer and am trying to decide what type/size blower to get. I live on the Elmendorf, talked with the guys at Lowes who recommended their cheaper two-stage blowers. I have a driveway that could fit three cars across and one deep. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
Tlatz is on a distinguished road
Tlatz's Tacoma Gallery
Check out craigslist!! Get the biggest one that you can afford to avoid as much shoveling as possible. If you want to go real big call Yukon Equipment they sell them up to 3000 ton an hour. That is what we use in Northern Southeast AK.

Seriously something that has reliable power(honda) and throws snow the furthest. Just my opinion!
T
Old 11-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my dad a two stage one from Lowes a couple of years ago. It has electric start, self propelled works great. Avoid a single stage as they can't throw it far enough, at least for me. Knowing he is not out there killing himself shoveling before I can get there is great. His driveway is about 2 1/2 - 3 cars long and wide enough for 2 wide. He tried a neighbors 2 stage and it could not throw the snow over the berms on the side of the driveway. The 2 stage could probably hit the neighbors house if he aimed it there.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
coloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
coloradotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmill View Post
I moved up here this summer and am trying to decide what type/size blower to get. I live on the Elmendorf, talked with the guys at Lowes who recommended their cheaper two-stage blowers. I have a driveway that could fit three cars across and one deep. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have had a Husqvarna for about 8 years. I choose it because it had the highest number of hp/inch (29 inches 10.5 hp tecumseh snow king engine) of any available and didn't break the bank. I live at 7000 feet outside denver and we get hit pretty hard here, couple feet at a time, sometimes very wet snow. I have a 400' long driveway and its 3 cars wide by the house for the first 30' or so. It does amazingly well in any depth snow dry or wet. I would highly recommend it, all metal build except for the control panel. Cost about $1000 delivered to my house from Northern Tool. Toro's are great too but usually about twice the cost and they use a lot more plastic.