Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Alaska

Notices

Alaska Trail/Day Drives

Old 04-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
WingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant future
Air Force: Active Duty
Name: Derek
WingNut55's Tacoma Gallery
Alaska Trail/Day Drives

Hey guys anyone know of any good places to take a scenic drive with a stock truck? I drove up to Hatcher Pass last weekend to where the road is closed. This is my first year here in Alaska and I'm assuming that it will be a few more weeks before trails become snow free/passable.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
If you like try Jims creek yet? iirc some guys were going to head out there or already did...
Old 04-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
WingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant future
Air Force: Active Duty
Name: Derek
WingNut55's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't been there yet. I might head over there this weekend.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
hatchers has a few fun trails off of the road. But they are in the closed section of the road. Jims Creek is doable, but I don't like bringing my vehicles there in the spring. Too much water to cross for my liking.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
hatchers has a few fun trails off of the road. But they are in the closed section of the road. Jims Creek is doable, but I don't like bringing my vehicles there in the spring. Too much water to cross for my liking.
Too much water is a problem almost everywhere right now...

I really like beach driving down by clam gulch, just WATCH THE TIDE BOOK, and park up above high tide lines.

But thats kinda far to drive.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #6
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowroxKT View Post
Too much water is a problem almost everywhere right now...

I really like beach driving down by clam gulch, just WATCH THE TIDE BOOK, and park up above high tide lines.

But thats kinda far to drive.
lol yeah water is going to be an issue for a while this year...I've heard Petersville has some sweet trails as well. I went up one in Sutton last summer and it was fun. Its where the pic in my sig was taken. It was really an ATV trail though. I added a few custom pinstripes in the process
Old 04-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
Oldie but a Goodie
Russellstiltskin is on a distinguished road

Name: Russtifer
Russellstiltskin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol yeah water is going to be an issue for a while this year...I've heard Petersville has some sweet trails as well. I went up one in Sutton last summer and it was fun. Its where the pic in my sig was taken. It was really an ATV trail though. I added a few custom pinstripes in the process
Sutton is tons of fun.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #8
Oldie but a Goodie

OK! We need a muddy trail day! I got my bumper replaced today from the hit and run. They washed my truck ( which is fine ). But they shined the shit out of my tires. MY TIRES!!! Ugh!!! I HATE people's shiny shiny tires!! Now I look like some rich asshole driving around! Soooooo, let's meet up and drive! Av8er? Let's do it! Lol
Old 05-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #9
Oldie but a Goodie

Went to Knik yesterday and played around a bit. Jim Creek was too crowded with ATVs for the spring clean up. I didn't want to get in the way, so I stayed closer to the old Glenn side. Was fairly fun. Even the wife enjoyed it.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #10

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
I may have seen you on the Glenn coming back last night. 3 or 4 muddy toyotas passed me on the highway
Old 05-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #11
Oldie but a Goodie

Quote:
I may have seen you on the Glenn coming back last night. 3 or 4 muddy toyotas passed me on the highway
Haha. Possibly. I drove back to Anchorage around 4ish. AV8ER and I are trying to get a meet up together soon. You should come.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:56 AM   #12

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I'd be down if I have the time and there is not a ton of mud involved haha. I hate cleaning that crap.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #14
Carhart101 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AGE RANGER
Carhart101's Tacoma Gallery
I would be done for a drive! just give me a shoutout!
Old 07-06-2012, 12:34 AM   #15
ruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Rus
ruslanus's Tacoma Gallery
Hey OP, we are both in Wasilla, and it's also my first year in AK, and my truck is pretty much stock too. Maybe we could go explore together, at least we'll be able to pull each other out if one gets stuck, lol
Old 07-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #16
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to be moving to fairbanks soon so i'll be down when i have the time to spare
Old 07-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #17
Carhart101 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AGE RANGER
Carhart101's Tacoma Gallery
Hatchers Pass

Atention all:

I am atempting to orginize a day trip THIS weekend! (7/14/2012) All are welcome. The destination will be Hatchers Pass! If you whish to come a long just let me know!
Old 07-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #18
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Can stockers make it up those trails?
Old 07-09-2012, 10:48 PM   #19
ruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Rus
ruslanus's Tacoma Gallery
I might be up for the Hatchers Pass
Old 07-10-2012, 12:43 AM   #20

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Can stockers make it up those trails?
Yes. I've gone up a few trails up there last summer and I'm stock other than slightly larger tires. It is an awesome drive. I was actually thinking of headed up there to sight in a rifle this weekend before I read this. I may have to do it now, lol.