Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Alaska

Notices

Fastenal

Old 08-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Fastenal

Alright locals, I got tired of shipping costs being ridiculous for any heavy items so I did a little digging for us and struck gold! Fastenal will ship heavy items to AK through carlile for super cheap. As long as you can get your stuff to a local fastenal where you're ordering from you'll be good to go. I'm hopefully ordering new bumpers, sliders, swingout tire carrier, as well as a roof rack and full set of skids AND a whole new suspension. All in all about 700 pounds on a 5x8 pallet. From fresno california they're charging me less than a grand to get it all here. To put that into perspective All pro wanted me to pay almost 200 for JUST my rear leaf springs Fedex wanted me to pay $9562.98 to ship it, and Spanalaska wouldn't touch it. So not only is it basically our best option, it's almost our only one! So treat them right when dealing with them, I don't want this lane to close down!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
Tmill will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Aviator
Name: Tyler
Tmill's Tacoma Gallery
All right man how do I work this. I'm want to order from Wheelers but shipping is $300. Who do I talk to and how do I work it?
Old 10-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #3
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brendan at the Seattle branch of fastenal. I'll call him tomorrow and set it up.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:43 AM   #4
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmill View Post
All right man how do I work this. I'm want to order from Wheelers but shipping is $300. Who do I talk to and how do I work it?
If you end up going through wheelers, let me know how it works out. I've been waiting to order an OME setup but shipping was 300-400 bucks through them. It'd be nice to save a few bucks on shipping somehow.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:50 AM   #5
Purveyor of Fun

If you guys could work it out, it's always cheaper to bulk order.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:57 AM   #6
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
I won't be ready to order till spring at the earliest I've been flip flopping with the idea of a lift since I bought it. If I had the money I would have already bought it but the idea of vibrations and CV boots ripping just worries me haha.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:06 AM   #7
Purveyor of Fun

I hear ya. I think when my truck is all ripped apart anyway doing the suspension and differentials, I'm going to put a one piece driveshaft on at the same time. Just less to go wrong.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #8

Tmill's Tacoma Gallery
Ben any word on this??
Old 11-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #9
Purveyor of Fun

This is the guy to talk to:

Brendan Godfrey Fastenal Distribution Center
KHUB 3PL Manager Lakewood, Washington
253-983-1561 …. Office (PST)
507-494-3819 …. E.Fax
Old 11-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #10
Purveyor of Fun

Make sure you throw my name out there. He'll probably remember me.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #11

Tmill's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet thanks man. I'm going to hit him up next week and see what I can work with Wheelers since there's a Fastenal about a mile or so down the road from them.