Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2012, 06:31 AM   #1
Frozen Dude
frozenarcticguy is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Tate
frozenarcticguy's Tacoma Gallery
Good audio installer

Hey guys, so I'm probably going to get a custom sub box from tacotunes or Mr Marv. Does anyone know a good installer shop? I used to go to Shimeks but when they worked on my Avalanche putting in a sub box, talk about crappy work . My truck was dirty inside and the guy didn't install the stereo the right away. Never go there again. Knights Auto Radio was good 20 years ago but I don't know about them now. I would like someone that knows our trucks really good.

Thanks for the help
Old 11-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #2
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
US!!
Old 11-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Aircraft Mx
Name: Daniel
423 TACO's Tacoma Gallery
^^this. Who knows these trucks better than a group of guys that all own the same truck as you lol mod days ftw!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
The guys at perfectionist are pretty awesome. If I was going to get audio work done, that's where I would go. However it really isn't that difficult to install a sub. The hardest part is keeping the wires hidden and organized.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #5
Frozen Dude

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
US!!

Have you guys installed your own subs? I'm going to miss this get together this month but let me know when the next one is. I get home on the 12th next week. I would like to check out everyones set ups and get ideas. Let me know what you guys charge to install and what kind of beer you like.

I've been talking to Mr Marv and his single 10 sub setup is starting to look very ooh la la
Old 11-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #6
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I am positive between all of us we can easily figure this out and do a nice clean install. Heck, I bet Jeremiah can do it by himself.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #8
Frozen Dude

EMS:
Sweet! Yeah I'm really lame at doing the electronics hook up thing, I'd probably blow up my truck.

Probably be several months to get all of my gear set up and Mr Marv has been helping me out big time. I've emailed tacotunes but they haven't responded back so I'm going with Mr Marv. Going to get the single 10" sub. Still haven't decided on an amp yet but we'll see.

Jeremy, do you have any pics of your sub box?
Old 11-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #9
Purveyor of Fun

Taco tunes has a pretty bad reputation on these forums. I'd steer clear of them. Lots of dissatisfied customers, which it sounds like you're already encountering.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:19 AM   #10
My Other Ride Is An R1
jrocthakidd has a brilliant futurejrocthakidd has a brilliant futurejrocthakidd has a brilliant futurejrocthakidd has a brilliant futurejrocthakidd has a brilliant futurejrocthakidd has a brilliant futurejrocthakidd has a brilliant futurejrocthakidd has a brilliant futurejrocthakidd has a brilliant futurejrocthakidd has a brilliant futurejrocthakidd has a brilliant future

Army: 176 SIG CO,BTB,1-25 ID
Name: Jahon or Matt... I prefer Matt
jrocthakidd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_283 View Post
It's all cake. I took my electronics out of another truck and transfered them to mine. With a new sub box I built myself. Everything was easy, I'm not sure how hard it is to tune the amp tho-you may want a shop to do that part. If you have do-it-yourself ability you should have no issues.
Can you make me a box?
Old 11-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #11
Purveyor of Fun

DId you make your mind up OP?
Old 11-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #12
Frozen Dude

EMS:
Yes, I am going to order a 10" single sub box from Mr Marv then get the sub and amp in a month or two. I would like some help if someone wouldn't mind making some extra cash and six pack?

I also have the JBL system, is there anything else I would need?
Old 11-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #13
Purveyor of Fun

Sounds like good timing for a mod day, if we all rally together we should have lots of hands for all our projects.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #14
MLJak is on a distinguished road
Marines: Corporal - Combat Engineer
MLJak's Tacoma Gallery
If you want something pre-made and easy, Pioneer makes a compact 10' sub that I've put in my truck:

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-SWX.../dp/B004HW6F9M

It's durable. I'm able to load up the Access Cab with stuff, put crap on it, and it just sounds great. Looks inconspicuous too:

Went to Kreative Audio on 5th Avenue for an amp install, but they took an hour and a half longer than estimated to put in 1 amp. Then they tried to tell me that my cheap stock speakers are fine (the magnet was barely bigger than a quarter). They wanted to make special enclosures for my stock, $3 speakers. Which would lead me to buying more speakers very shortly. I didn't go back to them.

Went to Safe and Sound for my next install of MB Quart speakers, another amp, sub, and window tinting. They were alright guys there. BUT - I found out later that tint on the driver and passenger windows is illegal. I'm thinking of getting it scraped off now.

I can let you hear it at the next meet-up on Dec 8th if you want to wait that long.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #15
Frozen Dude

EMS:
Sorry for the long wait, got home last Monday and stuff.

Got a box coming from Mr Marv, singl 10". He's a pretty cool guy to talk on the phone with too. I'm looking at the shallow sub and figure something out for the amp.

If any members would like to make some cash that has already put subs in theirs, I wouldn't mind paying :-)
Old 11-28-2012, 01:41 AM   #16
av8er2012 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 144 AS
Name: Nick
av8er2012's Tacoma Gallery
I installed the entire system in my truck. I believe that qualifies me haha let me know when you have everything and when youd like to get it done. Id be down for an install
Old 11-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #17
Frozen Dude

EMS:
Sweet, it won't be for a few months but I'd like to check out your system especially since you're ten minutes away
Old 09-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #19
Frozen Dude

EMS:
Don't mean to bump my own thread, but I've got everything ready for my installation. Got my box from Mr Marv, sub, amp, and kit. Anyone that has installed their own want to make some extra moolah? I'd be more than happy to pay, especially to a fellow forum member
Old 09-11-2013, 01:04 AM   #20
Purveyor of Fun

Sounds like a job for a mod day. When I get back from
Hunting ill have all my suspension to do so we can set something up to do some projects. We have some experts in our midst.

Products Discussed in this Thread