Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Alaska

Notices

Alaska BS thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #4581
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan toy View Post
Try Alaska Sausage & Seafood, I usually process my own game, but from the commercial stuff I've had, they have never failed to deliver a great product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Oh shoot man! I'm sorry, must've looked at a different build thread.

X2 on Alaska sausage and seafood. They've got the goods.
Thanks guys, I'll check that place out.

We hiked the Crow Creek pass yesterday (not all of it, we only made it about 5 miles in, then turned around). It was an awesome hike! There were signs of a bear attack but it was a lot father up the trail than we went. We did see a really big black bear though. Fortunately, it was down in a valley and we were a couple hundred yards up a steep slope. We visited the Wildlife Refuge, it was nice but definitely touristy. It was cool to see all the animals we normally wouldn't be able to see up here. The wedding we were in town for was yesterday so I'm nursing a hangover today
Old 07-14-2013, 07:00 PM   #4582
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTACO420 View Post
I was just out there yesturday and saw this jeep it should show how deep it is
holy shit!!

Well i didnt make it out anyway. Ended up wrenching on the bike all day instead
Old 07-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #4583
Stormtrooper Corps
Alaskan toy is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Alaskan toy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKHunter View Post
I've been out commercial fishing but am back and will be camping out on the Kasilof Saturday night. Doing a bit of dip netting with friends. I'll be the silver taco with the miss-matching blue topper... styling!
Did you have any luck? I was down there with a fairly large group down near the end of the north in a blue ram and orange Titan.

I was shocked at how many people got stuck, did you see that motorhome buried up to it's axle today?
Old 07-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #4584
Stormtrooper Corps

End of the road on the north bank.

Tapatalk isn't letting me edit posts.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #4585
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Thanks guys, I'll check that place out.

We hiked the Crow Creek pass yesterday (not all of it, we only made it about 5 miles in, then turned around). It was an awesome hike! There were signs of a bear attack but it was a lot father up the trail than we went. We did see a really big black bear though. Fortunately, it was down in a valley and we were a couple hundred yards up a steep slope. We visited the Wildlife Refuge, it was nice but definitely touristy. It was cool to see all the animals we normally wouldn't be able to see up here. The wedding we were in town for was yesterday so I'm nursing a hangover today
How much longer you here?
Old 07-14-2013, 11:32 PM   #4587
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It's a jeep, so it's okay.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:40 PM   #4588
423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Aircraft Mx
Name: Daniel
423 TACO's Tacoma Gallery
That shit'll buff out
Old 07-15-2013, 12:19 AM   #4589
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I anyones wanting to tint your lights, i have an almost full can of nigtshade left over that im never gonna use for anything... I got all my lights i want tinted done already. Just come get it
Old 07-15-2013, 01:10 AM   #4590
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How much longer you here?
We fly out Tuesday afternoon. I know, I haven't called yet, I've been stuck in Girdwood. My wife was part of the wedding party so we've been sticking close to help the bride and groom and running errands for them. We had a brunch today with the whole wedding attendees and laid low for the day at the base of Alyeska.

We had 3 more black bear sightings since I've been here. We had a big guy come by our cabin tonight. He was a lot bigger than the first 2 we saw and didn't seem bothered by us at all. The first 2 if we just scuffed our feet, they ran away, this guy didn't care at all and just started chewing on a plant at the end of our driveway. Figured it was best to go inside and leave him alone.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:15 AM   #4591
Purveyor of Fun

Haha no worries man, it's hospitality not hostility talking. That's awesome about the bears! Glad you're getting to see some nature while you're here. It's pretty great, especially since they pay us to live here.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:24 AM   #4592
Purveyor of Fun

So my wife is prone to talking in her sleep. It's normally very fast talking in a whisper, sorta creepy. Always entertaining. Never makes any sense. She just quickly threw this one out while half waking in a stretch. Followed by her normal sleep noises.

"What you gonna do we got the whole downhill spectrum in bed."

I'm still deciphering what this could mean. Thoughts?
Old 07-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #4593
I love snow!

Quote:
So my wife is prone to talking in her sleep. It's normally very fast talking in a whisper, sorta creepy. Always entertaining. Never makes any sense. She just quickly threw this one out while half waking in a stretch. Followed by her normal sleep noises.

Lol... no clue but it sounds exciting!

On another note, I got that bracket painted... black to match the rest of the truck

Just need the rest of the wires
Old 07-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #4594
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 307th Expeditionary Sig BN
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Paranormal activity... ruuuuuun
Old 07-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #4595
Teach me!
AKHunter is on a distinguished road

Marines: Cpl
Name: Bret
AKHunter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan toy View Post
Did you have any luck? I was down there with a fairly large group down near the end of the north in a blue ram and orange Titan.

I was shocked at how many people got stuck, did you see that motorhome buried up to it's axle today?
I was on the north side of that north beach. Wanted to drive around a bit to see the rest of the camp sites but the girls wanted to stay near the bathrooms. Then we couldn't really move the truck once unloaded because it was a being used as a wind block since it was so freakin windy and sandy.
We did have some luck though, 44 fish between 4 of us using 3 nets from two tides. I didn't see the motorhome though, would have felt an urge to help. As it was I jumped one Explorer and helped another group drag their Zodiak and motor back to their campsite. Fun trip overall and glad the weather was nice. You guys get many?
Old 07-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #4596
Stormtrooper Corps

We had 35 or so between 7 fishers, most of the people that I went with didn't want to fillet a whole bunch.

We originally stopped by the dumpsters/bathrooms but couldn't find room for 4 vehicles. The short walk to the beach was nice though, even the walk to the bathrooms wasn't that bad from the mouth of the river. That wind WAS outrageous, we had to move one of our tents behind a truck and tied off to it.

We got setup close to 4 am and decided to break out the beer pong table; we received some strange looks from people just waking up...
Old 07-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #4597
Teach me!
AKHunter is on a distinguished road

Marines: Cpl
Name: Bret
AKHunter's Tacoma Gallery
Haha, that would have been hilarious seeing their faces in the morning. We got there around 3pm on Saturday and set everything up, then decided to get to work on the growlers we brought since we weren't going to fish for a while still.

But yeah, filleting all those fish was a hassle but we got it done too late to make it to the Red Robin meet last night.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #4598
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
This mornings tide was really good. Got 21 to myself and my friend got 20. Two other friends got 23 total. A good time was had by all. Tonight might be slow with the commercial guys out today, but tomorrow morning should be good

Old 07-15-2013, 08:02 PM   #4599
423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Aircraft Mx
Name: Daniel
423 TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I hate all of you!

Products Discussed in this Thread