Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Alaska

Notices

Alaska Mod Days!!!!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #21
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
pics or it didnt happen
Old 11-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #22
Takeem029 will become famous soon enough

Takeem029's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Chipnoreo, were did you get the power for your 4x4 switch? I have one and just haven't done the deed yet. I guess I am still a little nervous.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #23
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
pics or it didnt happen
Fine then. Pics coming up later tonight

I connected it to the AC controls. Pretty straight forward. Electrical stuff always makes me nervous. And I am horrible as soldering. I usually end up melting something in the process. I also have an overpowered heavy duty soldering iron.

It took me about half an hour start to finish. And that is working out in my parking lot in the dark for the in cab install part.

So just go for it!
Old 11-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #24
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeem029 View Post
Hey Chipnoreo, were did you get the power for your 4x4 switch? I have one and just haven't done the deed yet. I guess I am still a little nervous.

Have you downloaded the install PDF?
Old 11-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #25
Takeem029 will become famous soon enough

Takeem029's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I have but, I am still a little on edge. I think I just figured out how to pull the A/C control portion today. I can't solder worth a hoot either. That's what is holding me up.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #26
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mod day soon?
Old 11-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #28
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Is your 4x4 switch on the dash or something? I just reach down and hit a button on my T-case knob so it's really hard to miss.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #29
Purveyor of Fun

Yep, it's to the right of the steering wheel on the dash
Old 11-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #30
I love snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
Is your 4x4 switch on the dash or something? I just reach down and hit a button on my T-case knob so it's really hard to miss.

Yeahhh. I miss having the lever and actually feeling when it's in gear. Now it's all electronic and I have to trust that when the light stops blinking on the dash it's really in.....

I don't mind helping out with this mod. Let me know! If anyone has a less heavy duty soldering iron, it would make it a lot easier. It is a pretty small space you have to solder in.

Oh, and proof of my productivity

Switch lit up

Console Painted

And I ordered some recovery gear... got it today Giogn to get a mini lock to deter would be thiefs....

Old 11-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #31
Purveyor of Fun

Sweet! I need a snatch strap!
Old 11-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #32
I love snow!

Quote:
Sweet! I need a snatch strap!

Here, spend more money

http://www.amazon.com/ARB-ARB705US-2...recovery+strap
Old 11-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #33
Purveyor of Fun

I have a 30000 lb tow strap, but I like the kinetic storage those provide. Different applications.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #34
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnoreo View Post

That's on my Christmas list this year in case any of you guys/gals were trying to figure out a good gift for me.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:30 PM   #35
I love snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
That's on my Christmas list this year in case any of you guys/gals were trying to figure out a good gift for me.

On another note, anyone want some headlights? I have my stock ones laying around and they are annoying me. The driver side one is fine. The passenger one has some cracked brackets... they can be reinforced to be usable if need be.

Free... if anyone wants to practice taking them apart or somthing
Old 11-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #36
I love snow!

Quote:
I have a 30000 lb tow strap, but I like the kinetic storage those provide. Different applications.

Exactly. I found out there is a lot to know about tow straps/recovery straps when I went to buy this. Oh hey, what they aren't the same? huh, makes sense now that you mention it!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #37
Purveyor of Fun

Anna I'll bet you can sell those on here pretty easily. 50 bucks + shipping and I'll bet they get snatched up.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #38
Frozen Dude
frozenarcticguy is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Tate
frozenarcticguy's Tacoma Gallery
Welp, installed vent visors and the 48 blue LED overhead light in the truck. I'll try to get some pics up later.

Got window tint for the sides but waiting till it warms up a tad even though I have a garage
Old 11-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #39
I love snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenarcticguy View Post
Welp, installed vent visors and the 48 blue LED overhead light in the truck. I'll try to get some pics up later.

Got window tint for the sides but waiting till it warms up a tad even though I have a garage

How dark is the tint? I had like 20% or something really dark on my front windows and gut pulled over for it. 300 dollar ticket :/
Old 11-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #40
Purveyor of Fun

I got pulled over for my tint once at 7 AM in january. Cop let me off because I was ignorant to the fact it was illegal to match the factory tint. He was then in front of me getting a subway sandwich later that same day. I had to tell him that I still had not removed it. Awkward.

Products Discussed in this Thread