Notices

Alaska Mod Days!!!!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2012, 12:46 AM   #41
Oldie but a Goodie
Russellstiltskin is on a distinguished road

Name: Russtifer
Russellstiltskin's Tacoma Gallery
Ouch! Yup! $300 ticket for me too. If it weren't for the wife and kid situation, I probably would have kept the tint and paid the fine. Until it happened again, anyway. Lol. I miss my front tint
Old 11-21-2012, 01:09 AM   #42
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
I like mine.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #43
Frozen Dude
frozenarcticguy is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Tate
frozenarcticguy's Tacoma Gallery
It's 35% and I've never had any problems with my other vehicles with that. Just a little shade is nice. I got it at snaptint.com for 25 bucks
Old 12-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #46
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have a rivet gun i could borrow to install my new hood struts?

I know I could just buy one but in all the years I have spent working on my truck, I have never needed one before.....
Old 12-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #47
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think I still have mine. I'll look. Gonna need it anyway to put mine on. WE really need to do this mod day soon. I have a pile of parts waiting to go on.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #49
RubberDucky is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 354th Communications
Name: Dillon
RubberDucky's Tacoma Gallery
Well I just got up to AK 2 weeks ago, but I am looking into doing my own remote start install and I happened by this post! Unfortunately I am stationed up in Fairbanks, far from most of you!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #50
Purveyor of Fun

That is a bit of a drive Dillon, haha but most of us would like to get out there and explore so who knows how close we'll get to your neck of the woods. Brave man doing your own autostart. Hahaha I wouldn't try that one myself.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #51
Purveyor of Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8er2012 View Post
Whered you pick up your struts?
Group buy! Got in fairly last minute. Really would like to install them though.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
That is a bit of a drive Dillon, haha but most of us would like to get out there and explore so who knows how close we'll get to your neck of the woods. Brave man doing your own autostart. Hahaha I wouldn't try that one myself.
Want to talk about a drive, try driving up here from Georgia! Haha! It was a beautiful drive. I got to see the Eagles in Haines. Amazing!

As for the remote start install I simply don't have the money to get it done and I appreciate any links or tips, really anything you guys have on the subject!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #53
Purveyor of Fun

I think there might be one coming up soon, there was a guy who was going back and forth about making a walk through. Totally understand about the money but with something like that tying into so many different electrical systems I'd be worried out of my mind at screwing something up and doing major damage to the electrical systems.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
I think there might be one coming up soon, there was a guy who was going back and forth about making a walk through. Totally understand about the money but with something like that tying into so many different electrical systems I'd be worried out of my mind at screwing something up and doing major damage to the electrical systems.
I am not too worried about that. I am a pretty smart guy and as long as I dont get wiring mixed up it will be fine, so as long as I do my research I will come out saving $400 minimum. I believe the quote for $650 was for only the remote start too, not the alarm system. I could purchase an alarm system for around $300 with tilt/glassbreak sensors and all. It complicated things a bit more but I think it is probably worth it.

Im going to solder my connections for sure though. Who knows, if it isn't too hard I might be able to help friends out or make some side money! Haha!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #55
Purveyor of Fun

There ya go! Those friends are good to have. Mines installing mine for 100 bucks as soon as parts come in.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #56
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
I paid 650 for mine with install as well...so steep but I'd be too afraid to do it myself. And that is without the alarm. I can go back for 150 extra for that. I'll do it once I add anything expensive to my truck lol.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #57
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
I paid 650 for mine with install as well...so steep but I'd be too afraid to do it myself. And that is without the alarm. I can go back for 150 extra for that. I'll do it once I add anything expensive to my truck lol.
495 for my 2 way installed! And thats with the extra $100 for it being a manual. Managed to find a PFD special
Old 12-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #58
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnoreo View Post
495 for my 2 way installed! And thats with the extra $100 for it being a manual. Managed to find a PFD special
Where'd you go and which 2-way? Mines a compustar 2-way. I love it
Old 12-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #59
Purveyor of Fun

Hehehehe I paid 300 bucks for mine installed and its the smart start for the iphone with gps tracking and security system. Parts alone are over a grand
Old 12-04-2012, 11:24 PM   #60
av8er2012 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 144 AS
Name: Nick
av8er2012's Tacoma Gallery
Also remember for you guys that cant do your own (and dont have friends like ben ) i have a buddy at sound works that can help with parts cost and labor cost! Just lemme know so i can set you up with him!

Products Discussed in this Thread