Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Alaska

Notices

Alaska Mod Days!!!!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Alaska Mod Days!!!!

Hey y'all! Going to use this thread to update us Alaskan members as we plan and organize MOD DAYS! Trying to get us all organized, I know it seems like I'm just making more threads but I think it'll help the flow of information get to those who need it! So for this one we need a location! Anybody got space to accomodate a large group of tacos getting stuff done? I have a big driveway (6 cars) but no garage...

Old 11-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #2
423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Aircraft Mx
Name: Daniel
423 TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Hobby shop! Haha I have no idea. I don't plan on doing anything to mine because the plan is to sell it early next year, but I'd gladly loan a set of hands out to someone!
Old 11-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 423 TACO View Post
Hobby shop! Haha I have no idea. I don't plan on doing anything to mine because the plan is to sell it early next year, but I'd gladly loan a set of hands out to someone!
Cool, why you selling it? And when are you back for good? I know you said you leave again on the 14th...
Old 11-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #4
Frozen Dude
frozenarcticguy is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Tate
frozenarcticguy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm ordering a sub box but won't be ready for a few months. My driveway can fit maybe four at a time but I don't think my garage would fit a long bed taco. It's wide but hardly any length, kinda drives me nuts
Old 11-10-2012, 07:06 AM   #5
423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold

Flying back in late on the 28th. And I'm selling it to get something with more room. These 1st gen reg cabs are jus too small for me. I knew that when I got it, but I couldn't pass the deal up.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #6
Purveyor of Fun

Ah gotcha, yeah you won't have any trouble selling it up here. That's for sure.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #7

I dont think so either. My problem will be finding my next one lol
Old 11-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #8
Natidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really nice

Name: Luke
Natidog's Tacoma Gallery
I have enough room for a double cab short bed (2nd gen) or smaller in my garage, but it's tight. It's fine for working under the truck, but i have one inch of clearance to shut the garage door.

My work schedule is pretty screwed up 'til after New Year's, but if anyone needs it, let me know and I'll to work something out.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:30 AM   #9
Purveyor of Fun

Thanks Luke! Mighty generous of you!
Old 11-12-2012, 02:30 AM   #10
Purveyor of Fun

Anybody else get in on the hood struts group buy?
Old 11-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #11
MLJak is on a distinguished road
Marines: Corporal - Combat Engineer
MLJak's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know how to put on shocks? I'm looking to get some Bilstein 5100's. There's a good deal on allshocks.com - get all 4 for around $350.

Also, in addition to putting on the shocks - does anyone know how to raise the truck with them? They're supposed to lift the truck from 0-2.5"...?

Once that is done, I can get some bigger tires.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #12
You Can't Fix Stupid !
Smokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Vehicle Mechanic
Name: Jeremy
Smokey11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLJak View Post
Does anyone know how to put on shocks? I'm looking to get some Bilstein 5100's. There's a good deal on allshocks.com - get all 4 for around $350.

Also, in addition to putting on the shocks - does anyone know how to raise the truck with them? They're supposed to lift the truck from 0-2.5"...?

Once that is done, I can get some bigger tires.
very simple install with the knowledge of the guys on here we could whip that out in no time flat.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #13
MLJak is on a distinguished road
Marines: Corporal - Combat Engineer
MLJak's Tacoma Gallery
That would be awesome. I'll need some advance notice for a mod day so I can order the shocks.

So, I have no location, but I have a mod that can be done. <-- mod or upgrade?

And if it's anything like construction, one or two guys can work, while everyone else stands around and takes credit for said work So we'll all be working.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #14
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
the adjustable 5100s have a few different lift settings on them. You can set them however you like it for the lift up front if you're using the stock coils. The rear does not provide any lift unless you get a new leaf pack or an add-a-leaf/blocks. I don't know how 2nd gen lifts work up front, but 1st gen 5100s have 3 settings for up front.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #15
Purveyor of Fun

Same. Set them at stock, .5 or 2.5 inches of lift iirc
Old 11-13-2012, 05:49 AM   #16
You Can't Fix Stupid !
Smokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2nd GEN is 0,.85, 1.75, 2.5 they have 4 notches and 1st GEN has 3. Most set it at 1.75 if using stock springs and want to be level.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #17
Purveyor of Fun

That's what it was^
Couldn't remember the figures.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:07 AM   #18
You Can't Fix Stupid !

only knew that cause I had them on my 11, trying to learn the 1st GEN stuff now.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:20 PM   #19
Oldie but a Goodie
Russellstiltskin is on a distinguished road

Name: Russtifer
Russellstiltskin's Tacoma Gallery
I need to pimp out the interior of me truck. I'm thinking with the coming baby, what better of an excuse to install a good sound system with Head Rest DVD players!! For the baby in the back seat, ofcourse! That might have to be next Mod after im back on top of finances
Old 11-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #20
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Anybody else get in on the hood struts group buy?

I did!

And update of my modding last weekend

Took out my fan that was ticking like crazy. Dropped on pavement and broke the damn thing. Went to Toyota and bought a new one. Quiet as a mouse. Not the cheapest way but its fixed

Got my 4x4 switch illuminated

Painted my center cup holder thing a sweet blue color. More painting to come....

Products Discussed in this Thread